Filter

Ifrit

If I was making propionate and EQ on the same day could I use the same Whatman filter for making both or do I need two? Thanks.

Thanks bro. I know I'm asking alot of questions but I don't want to fuck it up. One other question ( don't want to open another thread,lol) When I take out the oil and bake it from the 50ml vial can't I just put the oil back in it and mix it in there instead of buying 2- 50ml mixing vials?

Ifrit said:
Thanks bro. I know I'm asking alot of questions but I don't want to fuck it up. One other question ( don't want to open another thread,lol) When I take out the oil and bake it from the 50ml vial can't I just put the oil back in it and mix it in there instead of buying 2- 50ml mixing vials?
Maybe its just me but i cant understand what your asking here bro.

baking the oil is a waste of time. you gonna filter it after that and heat sterilize the final solution anyway. its overkill at its best.

How long would you heat the final solution bro? Do I put it in the middle of a frying pan on the top of the stove with a little water in it? Again sorry for the stupid questions but I am a major newbie at this.

after you filter it put a pin it and bake for 1 hour on 250-275f. make sure to calibrate your oven as most are substantially off.

pullinbig said:
after you filter it put a pin it and bake for 1 hour on 250-275f. make sure to calibrate your oven as most are substantially off.
make that a small pin like a 25g, and throught the thick park of the stopper. I have some permanent holes using a 22 after baking.

Keep askin Ifrit. Your getting answers for all my questions!

Good point on using a small pin. I can imagine baking with the big pin kind of "molds" a new hole in the stopper.

Cooking too hot also leaves a hole no mater what size the pin.....

From experience you MUST calibrate your oven!!!

(Its a bitch when the gear looks good, is filtered and ready to go and you cant seal that vial!!!!)

Back