First Cycle/ Competition Prep/ Feedback?

brandonsnatty

I am banned!
Hey everyone! First reddit post, apologies if anything is out of format. Looking for some feedback on my mates first cycle... I'm a lifetime natty ofc... thought I'd see if you all could help him out.
He's quite sure of the compounds, but would like clarification on PCT, HCG, and an AI... Open to suggestions of course, just please explain reasoning behind suggestions.

24y/o, lifting since 15... many years of proper training. Used to play competitive sports at a high level, then shifted gears to BBing about 4 or 5 years ago.

~5'10, 210lbs ~10%BF

Flat Bench - 265x5

Incline BB Press - 215x5

Standing overhead press - 185x5

Back Squat - 405x6

Deadlift - 595x1

ANYWAYS. First competition is in April. (Classic Physique)

Looking to blast 14 weeks, with the competition falling on week 12. I'd like to have 2 weeks of injections following the competition just to get back into shape before PCT. (Must be under 192lbs by showtime)

1-14: Test E @ 500mg/week
10-14: Mast P @ 400mg/week
2 weeks on/2 off HCG @ 500iU/week

Looking to run Arimidex throughout the cycle to suppress bloat/stay dry. Recommendations on dosage?

The plan is to be solid at 9%BF before the cycle begins. Weeks 1-8 will be more of a recomp., with the final 4 weeks pre-contest being spent dialing down to ~5%BF, utilizing the extra testosterone to minimize catabolism.

PCT: 21 days after final pin
Clomid - 100/50/50/25
Nolva - 40/40/20/20/20

LOTS of conflicting information out there on every topic regarding AAS... This situation is kind of unique approaching a competition, first cycle, timeline, etc. I hear lots of different theories on HCG and how it should be ran, so I'm all-ears in this situation.

I realize that just TEST is recommended for a first cycle. This situation is just kind of different than most who are running a first cycle just because. My logic is that by the 10th week, my mate should have a solid understanding of how his body reacts to the test. Introducing a little bit of Mast would allow for a slight edge come showtime IMO.

Open to advice! Cheers

Is it you or your buddy? You kinda slipped up a few times there lol. I agree with milton on questionable stats. I'm going on 4 years of being a member here. Lots of posts and threads over that time span. The regulars tend to be able to see thru the b.s. so to speak. Ultimately we're here to help so don't come down on us for asking...

1-14: Test E @ 500mg/week
10-14: Mast P @ 400mg/week
2 weeks on/2 off HCG @ 500iU/week

The plan is to be solid at 9%BF before the cycle begins. Weeks 1-8 will be more of a recomp., with the final 4 weeks pre-contest being spent dialing down to ~5%BF, utilizing the extra testosterone to minimize catabolism.

is this a 'first cycle' , or is this a contest prep cycle ? It sure as heck does not look like a contest prep cycle to me , no competitive bodybuilder is going to blast 500mg of test e and hcg at contest time. and you don't utilize testosterone going into a contest to minimize catabolism , thats not what test is for , thats what primo ace is for.

if this is just a standard cycle then it looks ok. may even be ok for a first cycle . but its garbage in regards to being a contest prep cycle , also if this is your 'first' cycle, then don't even bother with a contest prep cycle (but still don't go into a contest blasting test e and hcg).

heres a contest prep cycle protocol example
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...st-cycle-summer-shred-get-dry-lean-cycle.html

Last edited:
Never had it gauged, going off photos. 12% BF MAX though. Somewhat decent genetics and diet on point for years, as well as very intense training.

is this a 'first cycle' , or is this a contest prep cycle ? It sure as heck does not look like a contest prep cycle to me , no competitive bodybuilder is going to blast 500mg of test e and hcg at contest time. and you don't utilize testosterone going into a contest to minimize catabolism , thats not what test is for , thats what primo ace is for.

if this is just a standard cycle then it looks ok. may even be ok for a first cycle . but its garbage in regards to being a contest prep cycle , also if this is your 'first' cycle, then don't even bother with a contest prep cycle (but still don't go into a contest blasting test e and hcg).

heres a contest prep cycle protocol example
steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/688628-pre-contest-cycle-summer-shred-get-dry-lean-cycle.html

It's a FIRST cycle, as well as FIRST competition... so first competition cycle I guess you could say. Kind of why I'm having trouble finding what the best protocol would be.

You don't think dropping test for 8 weeks would be too long?

Also, if following your posted protocol, how long do you think I'd be safe running Test E for prior to that? 8 weeks? I know 16 week cycles aren't totally uncommon, just want some opinions.

As stated, advice is more than welcome. All the feedback helps as it's proving slightly difficult to plan a first cycle around a competition. Obviously the first cycle gains are wanted, but placing 1st wouldn't hurt either.

Is it you or your buddy? You kinda slipped up a few times there lol. I agree with milton on questionable stats. I'm going on 4 years of being a member here. Lots of posts and threads over that time span. The regulars tend to be able to see thru the b.s. so to speak. Ultimately we're here to help so don't come down on us for asking...

I can have photos posted in the next while. I agree that the stats may seem questionable but I've always been at the top of my peers in terms of gym-related activities/physique. Visible abs since I could remember and 17+ inch arms since highschool. As well as 23.5" legs last time I measured (they account for a lot of my weight I'm sure.)

I can have photos posted in the next while. I agree that the stats may seem questionable but I've always been at the top of my peers in terms of gym-related activities/physique. Visible abs since I could remember and 17+ inch arms since highschool. As well as 23.5" legs last time I measured (they account for a lot of my weight I'm sure.)
a picture is worth a thousand words, looking forward to seeing them :)

Yes? not sure I understood. Anyways, I'm looking for feedback/advice on what to run with this upcoming show. Would it be possible to get away with running Test E for say 12 weeks, then just running Primo for the last 4-6 weeks until the show? Or even keeping low test dosages involved?

I joined this site hoping to gain more knowledge and possibly even a slight bit of useful advice from members. For some reason I'm just being hated on for providing photos and any information I'm asked for. /confused

I joined this site hoping to gain more knowledge and possibly even a slight bit of useful advice from members. For some reason I'm just being hated on for providing photos and any information I'm asked for. /confused
welcome to the boards!

if the guy on the right is you at 24 yo and 100% natty , then why not just compete natty , why do a cycle , you have good genetics

how many weeks until your show

15 weeks out currently. I realize I have decent genetics, however I'm not gonna expect to show up natural to a not-so-natural show expecting to win. I'd rather put in the extra work and know that I did everything. If it was a natural show, it'd be a different story.

Back