First cycle, looking for a little advise.

staticboy

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading off and on since the last few months. Trying to educate myself enough, so I don't have to ask a bunch of beginner questions although I'm sure that I will have a few for you guys.

I have been training now about 2 years, I was approx 210 pounds when I started, when I last checked my weight I weighed in at approx 235. My height is approx 6'2 .. 29 years old.

My diet I try my best to keep healthy with lots of calories with a good mix of protein/carbs .. but I'm sure we do all have our off days, where we break the rules a bit .. can't say for sure my BF % .. but if I was to guess, I would venture a guess around 15%.

I'm looking to do a bulk cycle, but this being my first .. I wouldn't want to get into anything too crazy. Judging by what I've been reading, a good beginner cycle would be 12 wk, 250-500mg/wk , with maybe dbol at 30mg for the first 4 weeks to kickstart. I would go down this avenue, however .. I work shift work, which brings me away for 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off .. and anything we bring to work with us gets checked before we fly to our worksite, and when we arrive onsite .. a medic is onboard who hands out our medications. Not quite sure I could get vials of test, pins onboard .. unless I had a prescription. but shouldn't have much problem getting tabs with me ..

It seems, as oral only may be my only way ... as I don't feel that being on test for my 3 weeks at home, then being off it while at work .. with an oral substitution while at work would be worth my time? Feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong here.

Would I be prescribed test, if I was to get blood work done after a few weeks of dbol .. seeing that it would lower my test levels during this period of time?

Thanks for any help you guys can pass along to a new fellow!

With your situation I would just stay clean until you do have the time to do it right, play with your diet and bulk naturally because all teh options you are laying out will harm you more than do any good. If your gone for 3 weeks at a time you are going to crash and need to do PCT every 5 weeks - waste of time even with short esters. As far as oral cycle, bad idea. If they check your gear what are you gonna tell them they are? plus the benefits from an oral only cycle will not be worth shutting yourself down. Lastly using dbol to shut yourself down for a bloodtest for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) will not work and you will have shut yourself down for nothing

Thanks Kazmir for your advice,

I'm actually going to have a couple months come Jan/Dec, where I will be working in our shop .. and will have no issues running a proper test cycle. Until then I'm going to train hard, eat big and continue reading and educating myself about this life style. From what I understand, eating is the biggest part of the puzzle when it comes to gaining good solid mass , regardless if gear is used or not. I'm not sure if anyone on here would help a fella out with a good bulking diet .. but I would also appreciate that.

Another question .. Would it be alright for me to begin buying the gear, and post cycle therapy (pct) working up until when you're about to start .. so it doesn't seem as if it's a huge one time cost when you do start. I don't know a ton about it, but I do know that if you fuck around carelessly with this stuff , you can get yourself into trouble in a hurry .. so I would like to have everything I need before I start.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Kazmir for your advice,

I'm actually going to have a couple months come Jan/Dec, where I will be working in our shop .. and will have no issues running a proper test cycle. Until then I'm going to train hard, eat big and continue reading and educating myself about this life style. From what I understand, eating is the biggest part of the puzzle when it comes to gaining good solid mass , regardless if gear is used or not. I'm not sure if anyone on here would help a fella out with a good bulking diet .. but I would also appreciate that.

Another question .. Would it be alright for me to begin buying the gear, and PCT working up until when you're about to start .. so it doesn't seem as if it's a huge one time cost when you do start. I don't know a ton about it, but I do know that if you fuck around carelessly with this stuff , you can get yourself into trouble in a hurry .. so I would like to have everything I need before I start.

Thanks guys.

You're making a very wise decision here to hold off until you do it right. Kazmir is 100% correct on everything so no need to spell it out over again. To answer your question, yes you could start buying stuff now so the upfront cost isn't so much all at once. Just don't wait years to take the stuff since it should have an expiration date on it. Definitely wise to get everything before you start so make sure your pct is planned out, get an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and whatever ester testosterone you choose to use. Also don't forget alcohol swabs, needles and syringes, a sharps container. Just so you know too, you shouldn't be dosing testosterone at 250mg/wk. at this dose you will just shut down your endogenous testosterone production only to make it back to baseline by pinning it. Start off with a 500-600mg/wk dose.

Look up 3J on here for custommade diets, he's very good at it and tailors it to you, great customer service and response time, and follows you through the diet to make any necessary changes. Or you could post up a diet in here and get it critiqued. Remember the basics of nutrition when composing a diet:
1) calculate BMR x activity factor = TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)
2) depending on cutting or bulking add or take out 10-20% of TDEE to get your required energy intake to suit your goals (this is an estimate and will need to be adjust slightly).
3) get minimum 1g/lb BW in protein and minimum .4g/lb BW in fat. Rest of your calories can be more fat, more protein, carbs, or any combo of those 3.
4) no foods are really off limits (only the ones you don't like, have allergies to, and artificial transfats) so compose a meal plan of mainly whole and minimally processed foods to ensure you meet macro and micro nutrient needs. It's ok if you have a little of what most ppl consider junk so long as you fit it into your macros and most of your food sources are whole adpnd varied.
5) monitor progress and adjust from here

I definitely agree if you need diet advice 3J is the man.

I can attest to it personally, I have been training since 17 and am now 39 with numerous cycles under my belt, long story short I was prepping for a show years ago and got injured at work which prevented my entry, this f'ed me up mentally and I went to a bad place, caused many issue emotionally and I turned to coke and heroin. I lost all my hard year of training in a matter of months. I was out of the gym for 5 years and once I went through rehab and learned to live sober again I returned to the gym. Been hitting the weights hard again for a couple years now but seem to be at a lull gain wise due to trying to fit a diet with a strange work schedule. I signed up with 3J recently and I am learning that I was way wrong about my diet, he tailored a diet for me which works with my job and the foods that I like. He monitors your progress and is always there to help.. Best investment I have ever made

Thanks again guys, for your quick responses.

I am going to take your advise and hit up 3J for a diet plan. I had a browse through his website and from what I can gather from both you guys and the testimonials on his website that people come out very happy with results. I'd say by the time I get a tailored diet plan, and know how to eat right on a day to day basis I will be ready for a cycle. Hopefully over that time, I'll add some more lean gains.

I will begin picking stuff up for the future, I feel with having a few months to plan out cycle/PCT will allow me to have everything I need without rushing or panicking before I start.

My diet plan now isn't bad I don't find .. I'll throw it out there, and see how far Im going in the wrong direction .. I'm sure I'll be surprised.

9am - 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, two slices of whole wheat toast with PB, glass of milk.

11 am - 2 skinless boneless chicken breast, 1 medium sized potato, cup of broccoli

1 pm - Protein shake, mixed with berries and a banana ( Before Gym)

Workout 3-430

Post gym protein shake - 25g whey protein, 1 scoop carb supplement ( half hour post workout )

6 pm - Chicken or steak, 1 sweet potatoe, cup of mixed veggies ( broccoli, cauliflower, carrots )

8 pm - Light snack ( 2 PB sandwich on whole wheat bread with a banana )

11 pm - Bed time casein shake.

I also take Creatine, BCAA, Multi Vit ..

This is what I've come up with through reading and experimenting, I'm sure it's not the best , but not the worst.

Cheers

Thanks again guys, for your quick responses.

I am going to take your advise and hit up 3J for a diet plan. I had a browse through his website and from what I can gather from both you guys and the testimonials on his website that people come out very happy with results. I'd say by the time I get a tailored diet plan, and know how to eat right on a day to day basis I will be ready for a cycle. Hopefully over that time, I'll add some more lean gains.

I will begin picking stuff up for the future, I feel with having a few months to plan out cycle/PCT will allow me to have everything I need without rushing or panicking before I start.

My diet plan now isn't bad I don't find .. I'll throw it out there, and see how far Im going in the wrong direction .. I'm sure I'll be surprised.

9am - 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, two slices of whole wheat toast with PB, glass of milk.

11 am - 2 skinless boneless chicken breast, 1 medium sized potato, cup of broccoli

1 pm - Protein shake, mixed with berries and a banana ( Before Gym)

Workout 3-430

Post gym protein shake - 25g whey protein, 1 scoop carb supplement ( half hour post workout )

6 pm - Chicken or steak, 1 sweet potatoe, cup of mixed veggies ( broccoli, cauliflower, carrots )

8 pm - Light snack ( 2 PB sandwich on whole wheat bread with a banana )

11 pm - Bed time casein shake.

I also take Creatine, BCAA, Multi Vit ..

This is what I've come up with through reading and experimenting, I'm sure it's not the best , but not the worst.

Cheers

For the most part, if you're eating a balanced diet the names of the foods you choose are irrelevant. What you wrote here really doesn't tell anyone much. What is important is the macronutrient breakdown of each meal and totals for the day for calories, fat, carbs, and protein. The macros are I portent bc let's say for instance your 6pm meal (chicken or steak) is it one full steak is the fat trimmed off or saved, is it a ribeye or sirloin, is it a .75lb or 1.25lb cut etc. there are so many variables to what you posted its impossible to give any critiques. When you lay it out with numbers you can say a lot more about it.

Back