First Cycle Test E Cycle Log

ergantos

Guess I should start with a little background. Figure knowledge is power and input will be better given with all the info. At the start of this I was 35 5'11" 225 and about 21% bF ( that was found with caliper and handheld deal at gym confirmed.) Have lifted on and off most my life. Got back serious into lifting about 2 years ago and have been very consistent since. Pre-cycle lift numbers are Squat 385, Bench 315, and Deadlift is 425. All of those are unassisted, clean, and full range of motion reps. I'm not looking to compete or anything, but at 35 my body just isn't responding like it used to and seems like it's near impossible to get cals low enough while preserving strength to keep my BF down. Got real serious with my diet a few months ago when I found my BF had gotten to 26%. I split meals into 5 a day. Typical High protein, with good fats, and carbs. Mostly chicken and fish with a little steak thrown in. Use oatmeal, sweet potatoes and brown rice for carbs. Fat is supplied by flax seed and coconut oil. Veggies are broccoli and asparagus.

Gear is something I was always curious about and even though my BF isn't where I wanted it prior to first cycle I had the chance and gave it a shot. Was def nervous to pin, but hasn't been as bad as I thought. This is what the cycle is looking like.

250 mg Test E 2x a week for 10 weeks.
Was gonna do 50mg DBOL ed for a kick start, but decided to save them for next time.
Anastrozol .125 mg EOD so far has done the trick

Have Clomid and nolvadex for pct

At this point I am 3 weeks in and feeling great. I had read that Test E takes three plus weeks to feel. Well I must be sensitive because the 3rd pin and I could definitely feel the difference. My lifts have all been going up 10 pounds in my working sets every workout and honestly I could add more it's just that I am nervous about my tendons and joints handling the workload. I am seriously amazed at the strength gains off just test. Wasn't expecting this much. Especially only three weeks in with 7 weeks left to go. I had been waiting on the AI, but after 4th pin my nips started getting a little sore. Figure that is due to my extra BF right now... So I just split the .25mg tabs I have to start and that has worked good so far.

As far as supplements. I do Two multivitamins a day and have doubled up on fish oil. Use C4 for a preworkout and Darkmatter with whey after. Usually do 3 shakes of whey a day and one of Carnivore before bed to ensure enough protein intake. Water intake is around a gallon to a gallon and a half a day. After 3 weeks my weight is currently at 238 and my BF has dropped to 19% with my top abs showing for the first time since I was in my early 20's. Not really getting any of the bloat others talk about. Body is definitely changing especially this week. The healing from workouts is amazing too. Still get a little sore, but nothing like before.

Work out goes like this. I do a 4 day split with 2 on 2 off. Split into upper body and lower body.
Workouts consist of primarily compound movements in the 8 rep area with a few accessories thrown in for arms, shoulders, and calfs in the 12 rep area. My off days I do some foam rolling and usually 30 minutes of light cardio.

So far I am pleasantly surprised. The extra sweat is definitely worth it.

Anyone have any input on how fast you can move up in weight with lifts while staying safe for your tendons and all? For instance. I started this doing 240 for 3 sets 8 reps on bench. Today three weeks later I did 280 for three sets of 8 and felt like I had more in the tank so going up again next week. 40 pounds up in three weeks seems like a lot???

Be easy on the strength increase and listen to your body like you said your tendons and joints can't keep up with your muscle growth so just be smart about it. As for a prescribed amount of weight allowed to move up idk i think it would vary from person to person and to each exercise.

Be easy on the strength increase and listen to your body like you said your tendons and joints can't keep up with your muscle growth so just be smart about it. As for a prescribed amount of weight allowed to move up idk i think it would vary from person to person and to each exercise.

Thanks, I just didn't expect this much of a boost. This much of a reaction in general. The only tough part is ensuring I am eating enough. Other than that the strength, healing, focus, drive, and sexual drive have all far exceeded expectations.

If your NOT training specifically for strength or to compete as a power lifter,, then I would not go up in weight,, I would increase volume, work load, and reps before increasing weight..
If you start throwing on more weight,, by the end of this cycle and going into pct your joints are gonna be shot , and your not gonna be able to train and you'll loose your gains

I made the mistake of increasing weight to fast on a test deca cycle. And even with the deca for joint support, it was painful at the end

Back