First ever cycle of any kind Any advice is appreciated

Allbite

BACKROUND
I've been working out off and on since I was a teen, due to shoulder injuries I have been out of the gym for many years now. I have been working really hard to build my body back up but have found that I just can't seem to gain or muster up enough power to workout out specific body parts. I am a endomorph type, and for the life of me I have been stuck at 275lbs for 6 months no matter the exercise level or strict diet. Had my thyroid levels checked idk if I screwed up the test by not eating before the test or if something else is messed up but they came back normal.

DIET
I started at a diet of 2500 calories with macros 50p/30c/20f very strict one cheat meal a week that realistically wasn't much of a cheat, I reduced the calories to 1500 for a week with no change is weight or BF. Did this for 6 months with no change in weight, so I decided to try out sarms. I lift 6 days a weeks and include cardio 6 days a week also for 30 mins

Current "bulking" diet for cycle I was thinking 3500-4000 cal? still 50/30/20 I would prefer clean bulking and not add any more fat. I only intake lean protiens, whole grain/wheat carbs unless Post W then have dextrose, good fats. No soda, 1.5 gal of water ED, am I missing anything?

CYCLE
Will be doing cut cycle after this cycle not sure what to include in that yet thinking t3,
clen, or albut, keto, MK, GW.
LGD sarmsseach
S4 sarmssearch
CLOMID rui
NOLVA rui

Starting lgd at 2mg ED and progressing each week 2mg until I hit 10mg for 8 weeks
S4 will start at 50 mg split half ED and add 10mg a week till I hit 100mg not sure if that's high for first cycle for 8 weeks
Clomid will be taken from the start at 25mg ED for 12 weeks so 4 weeks past cycle for PTC
Nolva 50mg ED for 4 weeks after cycle for PTC

Goals
Obviously I wanna lose fat but this cycle is to build back some muscle to help with prev injuries and get strength back.

Stats
30yrs old
5'10"
285lbs right now
40% bf

Any helpful advice is welcome

Last edited:
youre at 40% bodyfat and you want to do a BULKING CYCLE?????

and when you dropped your cals like that you put your body into starvation mode... thats why you stopped losing weight.. your metabolism slowed down as a survival mechanism

you need to focus on cutting right now.. im talking about losing 20% bodyfat at the least.. steroids are not going to benefit you in any way shape or form..

what you need is proper nutrition!

3J I was hoping you would find your way to my post, I see you around a lot and respect the level of experience you have with dieting. I do agree with my high BF being high for bulking. My thoughts were just to build enough muscle to help with injury so I can workout properly, example my arms have always been huge and not in a I'm fat and have blubber arms but since injury I can't curl 20lbs after 6 months of hard work. It takes all I can muster to do 3s of 10r at 20lbs. Same with shoulder exercises.

Do you think 3500-4 cal is more appropriate for my size so I am not in survival mode?

I do understand why you shouldn't "bulk" with high BF maybe I should have said gain muscle instead of bulk.

Would I benefit from an AI so I don't convert to estrogen?

Last edited:
Would I benefit from an AI so I don't convert to estrogen?

Everyone benefits from an AI, especially people cycling at higher BF.

But honestly I don't think you should be touching any drugs until you can get your diet together long enough to get to a reasonable body fat percent. I'm not like others that think you need to be 10% or less to start, but I do think 15-20% is a minimum. It sounds a lot like you want to use the drugs as a crutch to make up for a poor diet/training/life style, and let me tell you, this won't work like you think it will.

I wouldn't say crutch, its not like I just started working out yesterday and expect this to make me into Ronnie coleman by the end of the year. I'm realistic, after 9 months of strict diet and exercise I do believe I should have made a bit more progress even if bottomed out at 1500 cal, it was a experiment for a week to see what would happen. Even at 3500 cal, recently i'm stalled out, and working out 6 days a week hardly sounds like poor training and lifestyle, that's not a fair assessment.

My compound lifts suck due to key muscles not being as strong and after 9 months of focusing on building those they are still lacking very much.

I'm aware I am lacking in diet, but so far I haven't got any help besides being told I'm too fat to wanna build muscle. I'm here for help guys and gals and I am willing to put in the hard work to accomplish my goals.

My goals are to be under 20% BF weight number isn't as important to me as my BF %. I did powerlifting for many years so power and strength have always been more my thing.

What AI do you recommend I was looking at RUI Exemestane and should this be added the entire cycle? And at what dose.

So are you saying you were at 1500 cals a week for 6 months and didn't lose any weight? Or 2500 cals?

At your height/weight/age etc basic TDEE calcs put you somewhere around 3000 cals/day. So if you were eating 2500, you'd only lose ~1lb a week roughly. This could easily be masked by water retention. Or your cheat meal could have been undoing much of the deficit you created during the week.

I can attest to the fact that when I was heavier (~30% BF), changes to my diet weren't immediately noticeable to my weight and/or appearance. So it wouldn't surprise me that your weight didn't change much if you were only down at 1500 cals for one week.

I'd say to lose weight you need to REALLY nail down your diet. What I mean is, be meticulous about what you put in your mouth and counting your calories. Weigh everything you eat. Count every calorie from sauces and crystal light packets, whatever. This will give you a better idea of where you are. Then I'd try the 2500 cals again, but without the cheat meal. 2500 cals a day is plenty, and theres no reason that all of those 2500 cals have to come from clean foods every day of the week. Have something you enjoy, just include it in your calorie and macro counts.

The other thing I'd note is that when your BF is high, your insulin sensitivity is usually pretty bad. Low carb/keto dieting worked VERY well for me to get from 30% to about 20%.

Hope that helps a little!

It does help, my cheat meal wasn't bad don't get me wrong. Any advice on the AI? And besides a good diet and lots of exercise to lose your BF any chemical help. I have never used any medical/chemical help but it seems to me I have something other than a diet issue for why I am not losing weight.

If you're having issues outside of the training and the diet, it might be helpful to get bloodwork done to see where your hormone levels (sex and thyroid hormones particularly) are. Outside of some underlying medical condition, you shouldn't need any chemical help to diet down from such a high BF%.

BUN (UHH) 20
mg/dL (7-18 )
H (High)

CREATININE (UHH) 0.95
mg/dL (0.60-1.30 )
CALCIUM (UHH) 9.4
mg/dL (8.5-10.6 )
SODIUM (UHH) 138
mmol/L (136-145 )
POTASSIUM (UHH) 4.8
mmol/L (3.5-5.1 )
CHLORIDE (UHH) 101
mmol/L (98-107 )
CO2 (UHH) 26.8
mmol/L (21.0-32.0 )
GLUCOSE NONFASTING (UHH) 97
mg/dL (74-106 )
TOTAL PROTEIN (UHH) 7.6
g/dL (6.4-8.2 )
ALBUMIN (UHH) 4.1
g/dL (3.4-5.0 )
TOTAL BILIRUBIN (UHH) 0.4
mg/dL (0.2-1.0 )
AST (UHH) 39
units/L (15-37 )
H (High)

ALT (UHH) 58
units/L (12-78 )
ALK PHOS (UHH) 73
units/L (46-116 )
GFR (UHH) 99
mL/min/1.73m2 (>=60 )

This is a test I had done recently as stated above, I am not sure if it matters but I didn't eat at all before test?

You should always fast for at least 8 hours before most blood work.

This is just a basic ********* panel which will test for basic overall health. IMO if you have a problem preventing you from loosing weight, your total testosterone, estradiol, TSH, and T3 levels would be better indicators.

Anyone notice increase respiratory effects while taking the above sarms? Being asthmatic this has almost alleviated all asthma systems especially while doing cardio.

Turns out after measuring body fat using a caliper and 7 point method I'm actually 28%bf not 40 like my scale said. I know it's still high in comparison to all of you guys but since it's a lot less than I thought I am going ahead and proceeding with cycle as planned. Any tips you guys can give to increase strength in a 8 week period would be helpful. Going to wait 2 weeks then use a cut stack and diet to drop my BF even more. I'll be making a log but i do have a crazy schedule so it will likely be weekly but I keep very good records.

Back