First Newbie Cycle With Test

Gilver

I'm 25 years old, been working out on and off since I was 16. Currently around 75kgs and 188cm tall (about 165lbs and 6'2). Was always rather thin since I always had trouble putting in weight(which I still struggle to this day). I've been off the gym for a few months and I'm 50-50(reasons why down below) about trying a newbie cycle a while after I get back to it. I've tried some orals in the past and got a pinch of gynecomastia on the nipples which is barely visible to everyone but me.

I have two issues. One, I'm susceptible to acne. I have scalp acne and oily skin in general. I'm currently using isotretinoin(accutane) for it, which is hard on the body on its own(tendonitis is one of the side effects). If I cycle while treating it I'm worried that it'll make it worse, thus needing a higher dosage of isotretinoin. And if I cycle whenever it's gone, I'm worried if I'm going to relapse. Although from what I've heard and read over the years, is that it gives you the so called backne(did I type it right?), but since my body is what it is I wonder if I'll have scalp acne again.
Two, alopecia. Since I turned 20 my hairline has been slowly receding. I wonder how much hair loss I'll experience with test.

All things considered. I'm thinking about a 250mg or 300mg /week of test cyp for around 8 weeks to minimize side effects and see how my body reacts to it. Then PCT with nolvadex. Also, should I include it during the cycle? I'd prefer if my nipples stayed the same size.

Tell me your thoughts on the acne, hair loss and the cycle overall. Thanks.

Last edited:
My first Cycle was about
400mg of Test E
400mg of EQ

I had same issue low weight, The EQ will help increase hunger and your vein growth,

You can use Test C in place of Test E.

that cycle won't be worth it. test cyp takes at least 4 weeks to fully kick in, and 250mg a week will probably only put you at around double the test levels of a natural your age.

if your hair is naturally going, and you have bad acne with no steroids in your system, it will for certain exacerbate both of those things. keep that in mind. also keep in mind that you're going to love it. you get bigger, you feel better, you look better. why would you stop? they are very addictive.

so if i had to recommend something i would say 12 weeks of test e @ 400mg per week, then turinabol @ 40mg for the final 6 weeks. good luck

My first Cycle was about
400mg of Test E
400mg of EQ

I had same issue low weight, The EQ will help increase hunger and your vein growth,

You can use Test C in place of Test E.

Wouldn't it be better if I used only test for a first cycle?

that cycle won't be worth it. test cyp takes at least 4 weeks to fully kick in, and 250mg a week will probably only put you at around double the test levels of a natural your age.

if your hair is naturally going, and you have bad acne with no steroids in your system, it will for certain exacerbate both of those things. keep that in mind. also keep in mind that you're going to love it. you get bigger, you feel better, you look better. why would you stop? they are very addictive.

so if i had to recommend something i would say 12 weeks of test e @ 400mg per week, then turinabol @ 40mg for the final 6 weeks. good luck

It all depends on what the individual wants, doesn't it? 250mg was a first thought due to some research I did about test and hair loss with 250mg being friendlier towards the hair. Then 300mg since I read the 300v600 article here. Right now I'm not aiming towards getting the most out of the cycle, but rather to test the waters.

There aren't much side effects with EQ compared to Test. But for sure safest bet is going with Test for 12 week cycle. Cycle after that I advise adding EQ.

The first time I ran test it was test e by Brovel 200mg per ml and I got extremely strong and I was only 22 or 23 so my natty test levels were high. Also I had been training for roughly 7-8 years so the gains were not from getting up to my normal capabilities faster because of the test. So many people say 4-500 mg of test on the first cycle is mostly from hear say and that was their first cycle because they went off of heat say that only 2-250 mg won***8217;t be worth a first cycle.

Start low it worked great for me and many of my friends at the time, I***8217;m giving you this advice from my personal experience and experience of others that I know. I guarantee you will get solid gains if you train right and eat right. Then come back and let others know how well low test worked for your first cycle. Also if you do run an oral run it from the go since you are using a long ester it will help things start moving a little faster. Less drugs more dedication. As time goes on you will be able to add more gear but take advantage of it when less is needed. It***8217;s way cheaper ;)

It all depends on what the individual wants, doesn't it? 250mg was a first thought due to some research I did about test and hair loss with 250mg being friendlier towards the hair. Then 300mg since I read the 300v600 article here. Right now I'm not aiming towards getting the most out of the cycle, but rather to test the waters.
250mg will give you a boost for sure, in every aspect, but nothing worth putting your body thru on cycle / post cycle. i've been on 250mg of test, 350, 500, etc, and 350 is PERFECT when you stack it with a little something else. i'm a big believer in low dose for a longer period of time. slow and steady wins the race.

There aren't much side effects with EQ compared to Test. But for sure safest bet is going with Test for 12 week cycle. Cycle after that I advise adding EQ.

Will keep it in mind for whenever I do a second cycle.

The first time I ran test it was test e by Brovel 200mg per ml and I got extremely strong and I was only 22 or 23 so my natty test levels were high. Also I had been training for roughly 7-8 years so the gains were not from getting up to my normal capabilities faster because of the test. So many people say 4-500 mg of test on the first cycle is mostly from hear say and that was their first cycle because they went off of heat say that only 2-250 mg won***8217;t be worth a first cycle.

Start low it worked great for me and many of my friends at the time, I***8217;m giving you this advice from my personal experience and experience of others that I know. I guarantee you will get solid gains if you train right and eat right. Then come back and let others know how well low test worked for your first cycle. Also if you do run an oral run it from the go since you are using a long ester it will help things start moving a little faster. Less drugs more dedication. As time goes on you will be able to add more gear but take advantage of it when less is needed. It***8217;s way cheaper ;)

I think currently starting low is ideal. If I'm going to start the cycle, I don't want to mess up my acne therapy (at least not completely). I've heard about taking an oral to kickstart a cycle, and I'd rather not use one since I'm already using accutane. Even though I'm using Milk Thistle right now, and I'm going to buy L-Cysteine and Liv 52, I don't want to make it worse for my hair and acne.

And so.

Cycle:
Test E or C (I'll see that with my supplier) 12 weeks, 250mg or 300mg per week
Nolvadex(?). Would it be better to use it during cycle as well to avoid gynecomastia? Dbol got my nipples a bit puffy in the past.

PCT:
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20
Since it's going to be low dosage, should I add Clomid to the PCT?

My experience is a bit different from Anon's. I too tried a 200-300 mg/wk first cycle and found it to be pretty lame. All the sides of acne and hair loss were there, but gains to muscle mass were pretty unspectacular. If your experience matches mine you will find there is a high cost to injecting testosterone in terms of shutting yourself down, hair, acne, bloodwork, messing about finding gear, buying supplies, etc. It's not worth it unless you take an effective dose.

What I see in how you've structured things is a half assed approach. Dose of test is too low. There is no AI mentioned, so get ready for a massive acne outbreak - I think this is more driven by varying E2 levels than test. Also you mentioned some gyno, and possible use of nolva - but again no AI. Seriously wtf? AI is far more effective at heading gyno off than nolva.

No mention of HCG. This stuff is cheap and effective. In my opinion going without it is being cheap and half assed.

And PCT nolva only for short duration and low dosage. Good luck. Maybe it works for you, but maybe it is half assed. Is it worth gambling to find out? Add in clomid and be prepared to run it five or six weeks. Figure out how long to wait after last injection to start.

Also no mention of bloodwork. How will you ever know your test and E2 levels that put you at your present state of 6'2" 165# with acne? Later on when your hormones are all over the place, you are 185# with worse acne and crazy oily skin, and wondering what's going on - what will you compare with as baseline? Your plan needs to include testing before, during, and after. If you don't want to do this, then be prepared for a failed cycle with no real idea of why.

And lastly at 6'2" 165# at your age there is a big chance that you don't know how to work out or eat. Particularly eating. If you don't sort that out first your results will be lacking. Just injecting test, and just using enough to perhaps double your natural levels, are not a magic bullet. You need to be doing grounded compound big bar exercises as your staple. If you aren't, and are doing a bunch of isolation work or machines I doubt you'll get much out of this. You will probably need to double your meat intake, eat plenty of complex carbs, and if you don't already then a ton of vegetables. Don't assume you'll be able to use shakes to get there. If you attempt to do this without figuring out your TDEE and calorie counting, then again good luck. You would be taking an approach not likely to do you much good.

The first time I ran test it was test e by Brovel 200mg per ml and I got extremely strong

My first cycle was test, tren and masteron but at silly doses.
I was taking 1ml eod and the strength was 75/50/50 so about 225/150mg per week.

I had more gains the first cycle compared to the second cycle which was also test, tren and masteron but this time I didn't buy preblend and was using about 600/300mg (have to look at my old log, not 100% sure).
And second cycle my diet was far better, I was training more and harder...

I just think the first cycle will always be the best in pretty much all aspects, especially if you're not at your genetic potential yet and was super skinny like myself.

With that said, i've gained about 20-25 kilos the past 3 years on top of losing at least 5%+ body fat.
(But I had abused cocaine and other drugs for years and years, so i'm not a typical example to use because I was so "far behind" that it was easier for me to catch up with AAS use)

Last edited:
My experience is a bit different from Anon's. I too tried a 200-300 mg/wk first cycle and found it to be pretty lame. All the sides of acne and hair loss were there, but gains to muscle mass were pretty unspectacular. If your experience matches mine you will find there is a high cost to injecting testosterone in terms of shutting yourself down, hair, acne, bloodwork, messing about finding gear, buying supplies, etc. It's not worth it unless you take an effective dose.

What I see in how you've structured things is a half assed approach. Dose of test is too low. There is no AI mentioned, so get ready for a massive acne outbreak - I think this is more driven by varying E2 levels than test. Also you mentioned some gyno, and possible use of nolva - but again no AI. Seriously wtf? AI is far more effective at heading gyno off than nolva.

No mention of HCG. This stuff is cheap and effective. In my opinion going without it is being cheap and half assed.

And PCT nolva only for short duration and low dosage. Good luck. Maybe it works for you, but maybe it is half assed. Is it worth gambling to find out? Add in clomid and be prepared to run it five or six weeks. Figure out how long to wait after last injection to start.

Also no mention of bloodwork. How will you ever know your test and E2 levels that put you at your present state of 6'2" 165# with acne? Later on when your hormones are all over the place, you are 185# with worse acne and crazy oily skin, and wondering what's going on - what will you compare with as baseline? Your plan needs to include testing before, during, and after. If you don't want to do this, then be prepared for a failed cycle with no real idea of why.

And lastly at 6'2" 165# at your age there is a big chance that you don't know how to work out or eat. Particularly eating. If you don't sort that out first your results will be lacking. Just injecting test, and just using enough to perhaps double your natural levels, are not a magic bullet. You need to be doing grounded compound big bar exercises as your staple. If you aren't, and are doing a bunch of isolation work or machines I doubt you'll get much out of this. You will probably need to double your meat intake, eat plenty of complex carbs, and if you don't already then a ton of vegetables. Don't assume you'll be able to use shakes to get there. If you attempt to do this without figuring out your TDEE and calorie counting, then again good luck. You would be taking an approach not likely to do you much good.

Thanks for commenting. I hear you about the cycle. I didn't mention AI because I didn't know if it's going to be needed for a low dosage cycle, same with HCG. No mention of bloodwork because I'm not going to do a cycle yet. I'd like to have it "all figured out" and pick a right time to do it (work gets in the way).

Also. Perhaps after reading the posts you placed me into the category of people that just hop to gear without proper nutrition and exercise? Half assed cycle, half assed nutrition and workouts, right? I assure you I know how to eat and work out, but thanks for your concern.

Will keep it in mind for whenever I do a second cycle.

I think currently starting low is ideal. If I'm going to start the cycle, I don't want to mess up my acne therapy (at least not completely). I've heard about taking an oral to kickstart a cycle, and I'd rather not use one since I'm already using accutane. Even though I'm using Milk Thistle right now, and I'm going to buy L-Cysteine and Liv 52, I don't want to make it worse for my hair and acne.

And so.

Cycle:
Test E or C (I'll see that with my supplier) 12 weeks, 250mg or 300mg per week
Nolvadex(?). Would it be better to use it during cycle as well to avoid gynecomastia? Dbol got my nipples a bit puffy in the past.

PCT:
Nolvadex 40/40/20/20
Since it's going to be low dosage, should I add Clomid to the PCT?

300 mg a week at least.

Honestly man, get dedicated to gaining a good natural base first. I went from 135 to 215 before considering steroids. A year of legit lifting and EATING will benefit you way more than a cycle will, and it will be cheaper and have none of the possible side effects.

Some foods I found that really helped were:

Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich with 2 scoops of Whey After training
6 eggs with 1/4lb of 90/10 beef and 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast

I tried to aim for 3500 calories, and 250 grams of protein as a minimum. If you have an active job, you will probably need more. Do not worry about getting fat, at 6'2" and 165 lbs if you are really hitting the gym hard you have 50+ lbs to gain natural.

A year of legit lifting and EATING will benefit you way more than a cycle will, and it will be cheaper and have none of the possible side effects.

I trained over a whole year, 5 days a week WITH a personal trainer.
I gained triple more my first cycle and I was clueless, no hcg, no ai, did tren and masteron too lol.

I trained over a whole year, 5 days a week WITH a personal trainer.
I gained triple more my first cycle and I was clueless, no hcg, no ai, did tren and masteron too lol.

but why not gain the base first, then stack the first cycle gains on top of it? As you said above, nothing will ever touch that first cycle, so why not try to get as far with it as you can? Lots of the lifting and Diet tips I learned while natty were crucial once I went on.

but why not gain the base first, then stack the first cycle gains on top of it? As you said above, nothing will ever touch that first cycle, so why not try to get as far with it as you can? Lots of the lifting and Diet tips I learned while natty were crucial once I went on.

I don't know about you, but for me time is off the essence and I could train for 10 years straight and still not beat 1 year of AAS use. Plus, I had a full year of "prep" before my first cycle AND I also used to train 5 days a week for years when I was teenager but then life and career happened.
Unless you're competing chances are you'll never reach your genetic potential, with or without AAS.

I personally think its more important to get a base of knowledge, especially getting diet perfect.

Honestly man, get dedicated to gaining a good natural base first. I went from 135 to 215 before considering steroids. A year of legit lifting and EATING will benefit you way more than a cycle will, and it will be cheaper and have none of the possible side effects.

Some foods I found that really helped were:

Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich with 2 scoops of Whey After training
6 eggs with 1/4lb of 90/10 beef and 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast

I tried to aim for 3500 calories, and 250 grams of protein as a minimum. If you have an active job, you will probably need more. Do not worry about getting fat, at 6'2" and 165 lbs if you are really hitting the gym hard you have 50+ lbs to gain natural.

Whenever I work out I aim for 2x/2.5x my weight in grams of protein and a lot of carbs. I don't ever worry about getting fat. Tried 5000 calories a day for a while and was fine. I too used to eat peanut butter with my post workout shake, but I ate it with a spoon out of the jar.

I don't know about you, but for me time is off the essence and I could train for 10 years straight and still not beat 1 year of AAS use. Plus, I had a full year of "prep" before my first cycle AND I also used to train 5 days a week for years when I was teenager but then life and career happened.
Unless you're competing chances are you'll never reach your genetic potential, with or without AAS.

I personally think its more important to get a base of knowledge, especially getting diet perfect.

Likewise. In my teen years I had all the time in the world for it. Then as you said, life happened.

Back