First Test prop only cycle, Focused more on endurance with moderate strength gains

RaginQuads

First off, 31 Y/O male, 5 ft 8 170 lbs sitting around 12% BF. Solid diet, cut out the sweets/alcohol for the past 8 weeks and getting ready to do my first ever Test Prop cycle.

Goals: I bike/run as my main hobbies, and lift for overall fitness/health, roughly 100 miles a week on the bike, 20 miles a week of running and 3-4 days of lifting a week. Used to cycle competitively/run triathlons, have been doing serious cycling and training for the past 5 years and lifted heavy 4 years before that. The last year I've kind of gone off the deep end with work and i've been pretty sedentary... So this winter I'm wanting to focus on a strength building program and keep my endurance up for the attempts at having a solid racing year next year. During the height of my sport I was knocking out around 10,000 yards in the pool, ~150 miles a week on the bike and 25-30 miles of running, with weights 3x a week. Got decently fast but of course the cardio really took a toll on my strength/gains. Wanted to try and achieve a solid balance between them both.

So from what I've read, a low-ish dose of test combined with a solid PCT for 10 weeks seems to be a solid start to a competitive endurance athlete looking at a good strength/endurance plan during the build season of training. This is what I had in mind:

Test Prop: 50MG EoD for a total of 200MG/week x10 weeks
Aromasin: 12.5MG Every Day x11 weeks
HCG: 200MG Every week, or 50MG with each test prop pin x 10 weeks

~1 week of just Aromasin to let the Prop/HCG return to normalized levels

PCT:
Clomid 25MG Every day x4 weeks
Tamoxifen: 20MG every day x2 weeks then 10MG every day x2 weeks.

My question: I've seen a few people talk about running low dose test Prop without any additional gear during cycle, so no AI, no HCG... That seems to me like a recipe to throw your natural test levels out of whack and run the risk of long term problems... But even with low dose test someone would want to run an AI as well as cycle with HCG to keep your natural test levels normal, yes? I know that you don't want to bring your estro levels down to 0, so I do wonder if running a low level test with AI's and HCG would actually be counter-productive...

All criticism and critiques are welcome! My entire goal is to be able to train around ~15-18 hours a week and keep my endurance/strength up..Goals include increasing my endurance power/watts and having moderate gains in my squat/deadlift.

yes you need some ai for the sides since your own test production will cease, and hcg is good for you too.

I've got a couple of comments.

50 mg of Test Prop EOD is 175 mg/wk - or without the weight of the ester 145 mg/wk pure test. Depending on how much you naturally make that is not much of a surplus. If you are at the high end of normal it might just replace your natural levels. You won't see a whole lot from that, but will have all the downsides of messing with your natural production.

Aromasin at 12.5 mg/day for that dose test is about 2 to 4x too much, depending on how your body reacts to it.

HCG you have the units messed up, this is dosed in IU. A lot of people inject 250 IU 2x per week, though there is some controversy about if 250 IU is enough. Some say 500 IU once per week is more effective. Another post you can read on this TRT forum showed research where injecting 500 IU EOD completely prevented shutdown.

PCT looks fine, low doses but should be ok for short cycle with low AAS doses.

"But even with low dose test someone would want to run an AI as well as cycle with HCG to keep your natural test levels normal, yes?" - when you inject exogenous test it will shut you down, the AI is there to prevent excess estrogen conversion and the HCG is there to prevent your leydig cells from atrophying. These don't keep your normal test production up while on cycle (well not exactly true, the HCG acts as synthetic LH which keeps your nuts producing test), but sure do help you recover afterward.

Yeah I just re read my post and I completely messed up the units, I'll blame that in a lack of caffeine and posting early in the morning.

My entire goal is to keep test levels high normal, not necessarily to boost me to way high levels, but to keep me at a standard baseline to be able to recover appropriately and 6 weeks into a rigorous training cycle start to feel the effects of high levels of endurance training and test levels...

So in terms of the AI, should I switch to a 12.5MG dose every other day? I would be breaking up tablets into quarters instead of halves, which is fine if it's completely necessary for daily use. I'd rather err on the side of caution to prevent any issues rather than making it easier on me.

the HCG: what about pinning 500 HCG twice per week with a solid 500 every day the last week of my cycle before I hit my week of nothing but AI?

It would look something like this if we alter it:

Test Prop: 75MG EoD for a total of 300MG/week x10 weeks
Aromasin: 12.5MG Every other Day x11 weeks

HCG: 500IU Twice a week, until week 10 pinning 500IU every day for 7 days

~1 week of just Aromasin to let the Prop/HCG return to normalized levels

PCT:
Clomid 25MG Every day x4 weeks
Tamoxifen: 20MG every day x2 weeks then 10MG every day x2 weeks.

Sounds great. If you can swing blood testing before you start, and then again at say 4 weeks or so, you can adjust the AI dose up/down as needed - and you'll have a baseline to compare to for recovery.

I'll be interested to see how you like 262 mg/wk, and if you might be tempted to try 500 on your second go.

The HCG plan looks good.

Back