First time doing a cycle then hopping on TRT... want your opinions!

Test Monsterone

Hey guys, first post on here. Just wanted to get some feedback on my current cycle and goals. This is my first time doing steroids. Current stats: 32 years old, 6'2, 249 lbs (~17% bf). I was tested twice and have pretty low testosterone (471 ng/dl).

On Friday I got my order of Test Cypionate in 20 ampules (5000 mg total), and a 10 mL vial of Sustanon. I was going to just hop on a self-imposed TRT dose of 150 mg/week split into two injections (M & Th). Well, I ended up pinning 75 mg of Cyp on Friday, and then on Sat I pinned 75 mg Sust. I said you know what, if I'm going to be on TRT anyway, might as well just start off with a mild cycle and try to get to ~ 10% bf.

My goal is to lose some body fat and maintain/increase muscle mass. At 300 mg/week I hope to see some benefits, without screwing with my blood pressure or hematocrit too much. I want to keep it as healthy as possible.

Protocol:
12 weeks
150 mg (Cypionate/Sustanon) Monday and Thursday (total 300 mg)
250 iu HCG day before each injection day. (500 mcg/week)
.25 Arimidex 2x/week day after injections.

Then, after the cycle is finished, I will drop the sustanon and continue with 150 mg/week cypionate + HCG (no arimidex).

Thoughts or ideas?

Welcome! What does your diet and training plan look like to get to your desired bodyfat%?
what was the cause of your low t? did you do blood works before you started?

Last edited:
Welcome! What does your diet and training plan look like to get to your desired bodyfat%?
what was the cause of your low t? did you do blood works before you started?

Hey, thanks!

4 days a week lifting, 3 days fasted cardio. Split routine.

Not to get scientific on the diet but gonna be eating lean meats, complex carbs and a lot of vegetables. Little to no carbs after 8 pm.

I did a full panel blood work before I started, unfortunately didn't get SHGB or cortisol or DHA, but got everything else: test/estradiol, lipids, RBC, hematocrit, thyroid T4/T3/TSH, PSA, etc.

I was tested 3 weeks apart and my total testosterone was virtually the same both times (471) and free was 11.2 (8.5-25). Had high IGF-1 at 330 (80-245).

If going on trt anyway then I love this plan. Only thing I would change is the cycle dose. I'd do 400 to 500. Why? Because that's what I did when I started and I loved it :) First cycles of 400 to 500 seem to be the best. It's a high dose but not too high. A good intro to cycling. You planning to blast and cruise for a while or are you telling yourself it's just this once? :)
Have fun with it bro. Good luck

Hey thanks for the replies guys. I’m only doing 300 cause I have high blood pressure that is controlled and don’t want to aggravate it too much. My goal is also to cut down not get bigger, but be able to maintain the mass I currently have.

Diet is lean meats, complex carbs, vegetables - overall calorie deficit to cut fat. Want to avoid water retention as much as possible because of the bp.

I haven’t taken any Arimidex yet as I figured I would let the test levels build before. I’m thinking ill wait about a week, do you think it’s a good idea?

As for blood work, yes I had two sets of blood work done. Both showed lower testosterone. One was 470 one 471 ng/dl. Had mostly everything checked except for SHGB and cortisol. My IGF-1 was higher than normal and my free test was low normal at 11 (8-25).

It’s been 3 days since my first pin and I’m waiting to feel something... hopefully soon. Thanks

Hey, thanks!

4 days a week lifting, 3 days fasted cardio. Split routine.

Not to get scientific on the diet but gonna be eating lean meats, complex carbs and a lot of vegetables. Little to no carbs after 8 pm.

I did a full panel blood work before I started, unfortunately didn't get SHGB or cortisol or DHA, but got everything else: test/estradiol, lipids, RBC, hematocrit, thyroid T4/T3/TSH, PSA, etc.

I was tested 3 weeks apart and my total testosterone was virtually the same both times (471) and free was 11.2 (8.5-25). Had high IGF-1 at 330 (80-245).

why didnt you get the female panel done? LH, FSH?

I didn’t get the blood work specifically for hormones, it was just for my general health. That’s when I found out I had low T. As for the second test, it was through a trt clinic and they don’t test FSH/LH (dumb as hell I know). I mean as far as I know you can’t really do too much about low FSH/LH. They treat that with clomid or HCG, but then you’re still just treating the symptoms. If the body doesn’t make enough of a hormone, and I’m loving a clean, healthy life, what else can I do other than supplement with exogenous test.

Back