Flax oil

Tex, I read somewhere on the Elite that it ruins the flax oil. I think maybe spatts may have touched on this subject before.

SB

I use to use flax seed to cook with all the time....I was quickly scolded(lovingly) by one of the fine gents on Elite that it breaks down it's effectiveness if "cooked".

I would wager the same is true with the oil?

oops, got here too late.
But yes, do NOT cook with flax oil. You can however put it in your salad dressings and whatnot.;)

it breaks down the EFA's (Omega 3-6-9) which is the good part of the oil and also causes the flax to taste worst then normal, if you cant handle the taste or drinking oil then simply get the caps ;)

natty said:
it breaks down the EFA's (Omega 3-6-9) which is the good part of the oil and also causes the flax to taste worst then normal, if you cant handle the taste or drinking oil then simply get the caps ;)

The only thing wrong with taking the capsules, is you have to take like 12-15 capsules to get what is in one tablespoon of the oil. I'd say skip the caps, and go for the oil. I throw it in my protein shakes sometimes or I'll make a salad dressing out of it.

Back