From Opiates to Steroids. Need Advice w/ Bloodwork

Crhonos

Hello. I might as well introduce myself here as this is my first post technically on this forum.
Some basic basic info is that I'm 23, 5'7 and 150lbs ~15-16%bf. Been cutting for the last month and a half or so. Was about 165 in mid December with ~19%bf, but since I got a job I've been more active. I have done what I feel is a good amount of research regarding steroids, PCT and the like.

I was originally seeking help on bluelight, but I figured there are more knowledgeable people in this forum, and I might be able to get more appropriate guidance.

Anyways here we go. I've been using opiates frequently for probably about a year and a half. I hadn't been making any real progress regarding weight training with everything I've been doing for quite some time. I've pretty much been spinning my wheels. I came to know a couple months ago that opiates do in fact negatively effect testosterone levels. The more I thought about it the more I came to realize I probably have low T due to my habit. Just thinking about the past year and all, I've probably been affected.

I went and saw my family doctor a couple months ago. I had mentioned to him that I wanted to get bloodwork done since it feels like I may have low T. He basically discounted that statement and said that I was 23 and there's no reason I should have low T and wouldn't refer me to get bloodwork, even as a checkup. I've came to the conclusion that I need to find a new family doctor, and have to go about this on my own

So I went ahead and got bloodwork done privately just to check where all my levels were. I got my results today and here they are, at least the important ones that I was able to get for the price of the test.

Testosterone, Serum 108 LOW 348-1197 ng/dL PDLCA
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S LH 1.3 LOW 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL PDLCA
FSH, Serum 1.6 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL PDLC
Estradiol 10.5 7.6-42.6 pg/mL PDLCA

Free testosterone and SHBG didn't come with this test as I only paid ~50$ to get it done privately.

But clearly from what we do have here. My Total T and LH are outside the reference range, and FSH is not exactly a good number either

I am ready to quit opiates and have since the day blood was drawn. I don't want to waste money anymore, and overall I am just done with it. I want to improve my life again. Been doing 60-90mg oxy ed or eod. I know you're thinking that I can't just quit without experiencing withdrawals, But I acquired a sub from a friend, and 2mg did me well and I'm now at like .5mg, not experiencing any major cravings or withdrawal symptoms.

I know that all these number should hopefully rebound with time, but since I do have these results, should I go to my family doctor and be like look i told you I had low T. Or will he probably just refer me to an endocrinologist. Should I just find one of those in the first place? I'm hoping if I'm lucky that I may get prescribed Test-Cyp or another injectable. But here are my worries. Should I tell him I used to abuse opiates and thats why I have low T. I feel they may just tell me to wait a few months to see if anything has rebounded which it likely will have. Or should I play dumb and try and get a prescription. Another thought is that since I just came off opiates, will any OTC test booster be helpful in this situation?

What I would like to do for my first cycle is
weeks Dose Drug
1-12 300mg test-c (or 400mg for weeks 1-10?)
1-4 anavar, or winny
1-12 .25mg arimidex 3x a week. (on jab day, 2 days after then 3. So like Su,Tu,Fr)
7-12 250iu HCG E4D
14-17 Varies clomid day 1 300mg, then 100/50/50/25

I know the Test amount may seem low, but it would be my first cycle, and if I can get away with a small amount and be successful then why use more than is needed right? Or you guys think, maybe more then. I'm not exactly set on amount of test, and am still a little confused about HCG on, or after cycle?

So do you think it is worth seeing a doctor. I am worried discussing why I know the levels are low, or maybe I shouldn't mention that I know why they're low. I'm also worried of being put on TRT cause I've heard people say that's for life. I want to go back to normal, and not have my HPTA shut down. I'm not sure the doctor would prescribe some sort of protocol to get T levels back to normal and then to come off the cycle with appropriate PCT. Do they normally do that. What are your thoughts about this situation??

Should I just run something OTC like triazole for AI and some test booster like Testopro to get my levels in the normal range, for a couple months and then think about running a cycle in the summer?

I just feel with the lab results in hand I would basically have doctor provided guidance for a cycle. In addition I may be able to supplement with more test on the side depending how the visit would go.

I know this is a lot for a first post, but any opinions would be helpful as steroids are a complex subject and this is an uncommon situation.

You don't want to get on TRT at age 23 if you can avoid it. And you shouldn't be running a cycle right now. You Ned to focus on getting healthy again. That means getting you HPTA working again. You are suffering from Secondary Hypogonadism. Best thing you can do right now is try to get it restarted. Work with an experienced Endocrinologist on a restart protocol. Where do you live?

Arizona

Should I find an endocrinologist then and discuss my abuse? If getting healthy is the priority then maybe they should know, or would the protocol not matter in either case? Also, how exactly would I find a good "experienced" doctor?

Last edited:
Contact the forum sponsor IMT. You will find their ad to the right side of your screen. They do great work on TRT guys and have restart protocols. They don't take insurance. But not using insurance here is in your favor since you don't want opiatr abuse in your medical records for the rest of your life.

What about if I found a doctor, and stated that I took some sort of prohormone, or some test boosters. I think from taking them I ended up suffering low T. Got bloodwork. What can we do to treat it? Wouldn't that be just as effective?

What about if I found a doctor, and stated that I took some sort of prohormone, or some test boosters. I think from taking them I ended up suffering low T. Got bloodwork. What can we do to treat it? Wouldn't that be just as effective?

Possibly. I am guessing most will just tell you to wait it out though. What's wrong with calling IMT? Why are you hesitant to do so?

Possibly. I am guessing most will just tell you to wait it out though. What's wrong with calling IMT? Why are you hesitant to do so?

Nothing. Was just curious if there was a cheaper way to go about things. They didn't list prices or anything. I already called, but they're closed, so I filled out the info for them to call me back and mentioned I was referred from here. So hopefully I'll receive more info tomorrow!

Nothing. Was just curious if there was a cheaper way to go about things. They didn't list prices or anything. I already called, but they're closed, so I filled out the info for them to call me back and mentioned I was referred from here. So hopefully I'll receive more info tomorrow!

Good luck.

Just keep in mind that cheaper may not be better. And doctor shopping to find one that will help you can take a lot of time and get expensive.

I don't recommend trying to self-treat as the HPTA is a pretty complicated system and yours may have been suppressed for a very long time making it harder to restart.

Get and stay clean for a few months and see where your levels are off of opiates. TRT is not what many think it is. It a lifelong commitment and really isnt a walk in the park or a ticket to gain easy muscle.

On top of what's already been said I just want to add that subbies aka suboxone is not the answer for you either. You can and will become dependent on those if used long enough. You'd be better off weening yourself off with smaller and smaller doses of the oxy's than using suboxone outside the supervision of a doctor.

You need to be very careful with suboxone. People have died from it while concomitantly using benzos, alcohol, etc. You can become dependent on the suboxone itself as I stated earlier. Also bc the buprenorphine and naloxone act as antagonists at the mu-opioid receptor they block activation of the opioid receptor. By doing this it basically prevents you from getting high off opiates while on the suboxone but people have OD'ed bc of it. They take some opiates while on the suboxone and don't get the desired effect so they take a little but more. Then a little but more etc until you have overdosed. Be very very careful with the suboxone, in many instances it is worse than what it sets out to treat.

So megatron has recommened increasemyt. Others are recommending to just wait and see where everythings at in a few months. Should I decide to wait and see where things are at naturally. Would otc products be helpful in this situation. triazole + some other test booster for a couple months? I know normally theyre pretty inneffective to some degree, but in my situation with free test of 108 could it be pretty beneficial?

So megatron has recommened increasemyt. Others are recommending to just wait and see where everythings at in a few months. Should I decide to wait and see where things are at naturally. Would otc products be helpful in this situation. triazole + some other test booster for a couple months? I know normally theyre pretty inneffective to some degree, but in my situation with free test of 108 could it be pretty beneficial?

You need to off EVERYTHING for at least a few months before your plasma levels of hormones stabilizes. Your levels could be artificially low bc of the suboxone and opiate use. Get your levels checked after you've been clean OF EVERYTHING (AAS, opiates, etc) for at least a few months. If you want to try IMT now that's your decision but I would wait as your levels are artificially influenced at the moment so no diagnosis would be a true diagnosis.

You have to lose the "pill will fix everything"mentality. As Dre said dont take anything man. wait a few month..let your body return to normal. Get some blood work then. Take it from there. You may be very surprised man.

All right. I appreciate the advice. It's actually artifically low because of the oxy. I didn't start subs until after blood was drawn. Hopefully I'll be off the sub this week.

I'll get more bloodwork monthly and hopefully everything improves. I've read people coming off of opiates tend to have testosterone rebound, then it goes back down, then rises slowly. I just hope I haven't permantley supressed my HPTA and I reach stable level eventually.

All right. I appreciate the advice. It's actually artifically low because of the oxy. I didn't start subs until after blood was drawn. Hopefully I'll be off the sub this week.

I'll get more bloodwork monthly and hopefully everything improves. I've read people coming off of opiates tend to have testosterone rebound, then it goes back down, then rises slowly. I just hope I haven't permantley supressed my HPTA and I reach stable level eventually.

My point was that the subbies can also artificially lower test levels so trying to treat, cure, diagnose hypogonadism while on them isn't the best way to go about it either. You cannot just hop on and off the suboxone. I urge you not to use them without a doctor's care but even with a doctor I've found the suboxone treatment to be corrupt, ineffective in many, and just as addicting as the opiates it seeks to treat.

Your test levels will undoubtedly come up some when coming off the oxy's but no one can say if it will still be in the hypo range or normal range until you are 100% clean for a while and retest bloods. Good luck with your journey, addiction is a tough thing to battle but it is possible to overcome if you want it bad enough and have a strong enough support system. You also need to stop associating with all friends who use, sell, or partake in that stuff and remove yourself from situations that trigger the desire to use.

I came off from a oxycodone habit of 600mg/day and needed 90 day treatment in order to get stabilized. I have been sober for 11 months and began my first test/tren cycle two months ago. Any earlier than 6 months sober I don't think I would have been mentally prepared. Addiction is a disease and it is psychologically fucked so instead of hopping from one to the other you need to really get clean first man. You don't want to relapse on cycle... I have done methadone and suboxone they won't help you out especially if you want to focus on your fitness goals.

Im struggled with oxy big time myself. At the end I was using 3200 mg a day..every single day. And no thats not a typo. (40) 80s per day was my protocol I gave myself.

In my experience you need a short time to get healthy and focus on that but I dont think it needs to be too long. Im an advocate of using suboxone. But keep in mind its not like methadone. Its for SHORT term withdrawl management. So I would get on subs from a doctor and have a set plan with him of how to ween down on the subs. Dont be in too much of a hurry. Ween over 6 months or a year if you have to. Non addicts really have no clue on this subject so they will surely give you all the advice in the world that you should go cold turkey and be fine after "a couple days" or go on subs for two weeks etc. But thats my experience.

Farthermore, the most important thing or me is to fill the void in my life that was filled with pills. Some people use work, some use women, school, or the gym. In my case Im trying to get as "addicted" to the bodybuilding lifestyle as I was to the other stuff.

As far as doing a cycle. Like I said I think you need a short period to stabilize before starting on other substances. Id wait 30 or 60 days before starting a cycle. And within that time it gives you a chance to hit the gym hard, get your diet down, and detox your body. If a relapse does happen its not the end of the world, just keep going. You dont lose your 300 lb bench press if you miss a workout or two.

Back