Gomad diet

danny25

Any one heard or tried a diet called GOMAD
I jus came accross a diet called GOMAD. It envolves you drinking a gallon of milk a day for 1-2 months alongside 3-4 meals. The milk alone provides 120 G protein and 2500 calories. I know this isn't the healthiest but I see no harm in giving it a trial for a short term bulk. Had any one heard of this or better tried this diet?

I would not do this, ever! Whole food meals are way way better. And you need more than 3 or 4 of them. Try 6-8 meals and see how that bulks u up.
Post your heighth and weight and maybe I could be of more assistance to you.

I totally agree with you mate, however I jus cant do the meals to be honest with you. I haven't gt the appetite. I am 5'10 and 90kg

Try eating meals with no starchy foods. Foods like bread, potatoes, and pasta are going to fill you up and stay with you longer. They will also turn into sugar, and any excess will be stored as fat. Vegetables and meats seem to digest quicker and make me feel less bloated.

on other forums i've read about many people who do this. they got stronger but they also gained a lot of fat. i personally thing the best way to gain muscle is +500-750 over maintenance, and like youngblood said, it would be more beneficial to get 1k calories in whole foods. but i'm no expert

Milk and liquids aren't going to supply the sane nutrients. Whole foods are filled with more aminos and more nutrients. Just eat as much as u can and gradually work ur way up. Trust me bro, your stomach will.get used to all the food.

Eat foods dense in calories. Beef, Turkey, don't have to get the very lean meat. Some of those fats are okay. And more calorie dense. And don't forgot about ur fats like peanuts amlonds avacados peanut butter. All those are very calrie dense. that should help u add some extra calories. And take advantage of breakfast and post workout meals as well. Those are good.times to really get in lots of calories.

Any one heard or tried a diet called GOMAD
I jus came accross a diet called GOMAD. It envolves you drinking a gallon of milk a day for 1-2 months alongside 3-4 meals. The milk alone provides 120 G protein and 2500 calories. I know this isn't the healthiest but I see no harm in giving it a trial for a short term bulk. Had any one heard of this or better tried this diet?

This has been around a long time, goes back to Peary Rader's Iron Man magazine in the 60's
It was also popularized in Strossen's super squat book.
It's supposed to be for a hard gainer and was a way to get in extra calories and protien.

I tried this when I was a teenager and got fat and very strong combined with the squats
Diet has come along way since this plan came out.
I would stay away from it

I don't really see this as an actual diet... they're just saying supplement with milk. I personally do this just as a regular part of my diet. Milk is INCREDIBLE. I don't know what you are talking about youngblood when you say real foods have more aminos... what is that supposed to even mean? Milk has TONS of protein, and protein = amino acids..... Milk is super calorie dense... and if you are worried about getting fat, then stick to skim milk. No fat, lots of protein, and a decent amount of carbs that actually are not your typical simple carbs even though they come from sugar. Milk does NOT spike your insulin levels like normal sugar does. Milk is actually sort of slow digesting. I drink at LEAST a half a gallon of milk a day. Closer to a gallon on days when I train, and a full gallon on days when I am using insulin (because you need carbs while on insulin). I think milk is a GREAT way to supplement your regular food protein/carb intake. It is cheap as dirt too. You get almost 50grams of protein/dollar which is better than almost any food/protein supplement. I drink milk with every meal. 16oz with each meal adds 20grams protein and 26grams medium digesting carbs. Can't go wrong with that, especially if you are trying to put serious size on and have appetite problems. You don't need an appetite to chug milk.

Oh and by the way, last time I took my bodyfat % I was 6.8%... it is very possible to stay lean while drinking lots of milk. I also put on over 10 pounds of lean muscle in 5 months with no AAS. I don't bulk/cut... I am always bulking... but I just maintain my cutness by eating decently clean and doing my cardio 3 or so days/week

I just mean that the whole foods are a more complete amino acid source. More nutrient dense..its for sure fine to.supplement with, just not a whole gallon a day lol. In ur case I'm sure its fine cuz ur prolly getting In ur meals. But this diet he was speaking of seems to be focusing to much on the milk and not enough on the whole foods.

Last edited:
Dont do it!

If you do so will I and I am lactose intolerant... i will try the diet and send the results to you in a ziploc bag via fedex overnight to preserve freshness :)

Back