Grilled Chicken w/ Green onion-mustard sauce

beefeater

Whats up Steriodology? Figured I would share a little OFFSEASON recipe here to get you folks growing in a HEALTHY way. This is great for all of you grilled chicken breast lovers.

This recipe has 3 parts. I know it sounds like work, but this will last you all week. Plus you will thank me once you see the pounds of lean muscle you put on. Even though it takes 3 parts to create it, they are so simple you won't even mind.

PART 1: The Spice Mixture

3 Tablespoons Spanish Paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
1 tablespoon ground mustard
2 teaspoons ground fennel
2 teaspooons kosher or sea salt, no iodized or table salt
2 teaspoons of black pepper

Just put them in a container and shake them up.

PART 2: The Sauce

1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 cup of thinly sliced green onions
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley

First mix the vinegar and the mustard together. Then slowly pour the oil in while you constantly whisk. You want to emulsify this. If you pour the oil in all at once, this dressing will not come out right. Then season it with the salt and pepper. Then add in the onions and parsely. Mix well.

PART 3: The Chicken

Ok now, if your using a gas grill set the temp to medium. If your using a grill pan (you know one of those nifty items that sits over two burners) set your controls to medium. If you don't have one of these, i recomend you go out and get one. They are only about $40, they are cast iron and on the other side they have a griddle. If you have a George Foreman, throw it away. I am sorry, but the George Foreman is not a grill. Due to the fact that it closes down on food, it causes more of a steaming effect than a grilling effect. Which of course, there is nothing wrong with that and if you like your food that way, fine. But your food will always come out 99%better on a REAL grill than that piece of shit. So anyway, back to the chicken.

Ok. Rub the breast's with the spice mixture. then rub them with a little bit of olive oil. Grill them about 6 minutes per side. If you bought breast's that are a little thicker than others in the package, pound them out with the palm of your hand or with a mallet to promote even thickness. They cook quicker this way and they taste better overall this way.

Once they are done, lay them out on a platter. Drizzle two spoonfuls of the sauce over them. Let the sit for 5 minutes before cutting or molesting them. This lets the juices re-distribute and makes the chicken juicer. If you were to cut into the second it came off the grill, you would wind up with dry chicken. And this goes for ANY kind of grilled meat. ANY.

After that, chow down.

Back