Hand Vacuum Pump - Help me out

legend05

Received my Hand Vacuum Pump 2day now I need advice on how to use it.

I would like to make 200ml's of prop at 100mg/ml.

Questions..
I have some 250 ml Stericup Filter Units and 250 ml Nalgene Filter Unit, once the solution has been filtered how can I transfer into sterile vials? I would like to draw up straight into a syringe and transfer to sterile vials if possible so the solution doesnt come into contact with the air? Is this possible?

thanks all

Can I filter into a Receiver Flask? It looks like they have a rubber top? Could I just draw the solution from the Receiver Flask with a syringe and insert into pre sealed sterile vials?

Last edited:
Or, Would this be ok.. Let the solution filter into the receiver flask and draw up 100ml into 5, 20ml syringes and then inject into pre sealed 20ml sterile vials? is this ok?!

legend05 said:
Or, Would this be ok.. Let the solution filter into the receiver flask and draw up 100ml into 5, 20ml syringes and then inject into pre sealed 20ml sterile vials? is this ok?!
Why would you need 5 seperate 20mL syringes?

The sterile vials have air in them that must be released in order to add 20mL of oil. Easiest thing to do is probably to vent them with a pin while you are injecting the oil.

Back