Hardcore thought of the day. Motivational log.

anzel

This ongoing log is dedicated to quotes or personal thoughts that motivate us. Feel free to post any motivational tid bits you may come across...

I consider anyone in our lifestyle to be hardcore. You may not think it but compared to the 90% out there you are!

The Village of the hardcore

As an analogy picture yourself as a wanderer through life. Sometimes trekking over land you must cross through deep dark woods or over mountains. Other times you stride easily through a green prairie with the smell of sweet grass in the air. As a traveler you are not afraid to take the road less traveled or even navigate upon the water. Your journey is long hard and very eventful as you meet other travelers along the way. Every night as your feet and legs start to ache and your belly grows with hunger you come upon the next village where you will lay and rest, have some food, and learn from the villagers how they live their lives. Like you they have traveled far and wide and know that their stay is rather temporary as well.

What if a village were to exist that contained the hardcore? A place were tough salty and wise beings come together and crush it hard every day. Before you move on with your life’s journey you must stay a while to learn and to be part of the experience, sometimes extreme and impossible other times exhilarating………

Being Hardcore is about living your days here on earth as a powerful man or woman. Powerful in mind and body. Embracing the idea that you are a form of a machine that is meant to do work , to engage , to break thru barriers and rise to the next level.

This can only be done by choosing a philosophy whose hallmarks are exceptionalism, patients, control of fear, understanding of yourself and others, hard work, Commitment, You can adopt a warriors philosophy which is something that I have done or maybe something else that fits your personality better. But the idea is that every day is a great and special day that needs your attention paid to every detail. Fitness dominates this forum because it is the hard work behind being healthy and strong that teaches us the most primal message of being a person of great character.
Developing mental toughness and clarity can be found through the bar bell or the 5 mile run. Pushing past your physical breaking point but exceeding your imagined limitations is key to understanding what striving for your best can be.

When at work always pick the hardest thing to do and be the first to jump up and offer to do it. If you are overwhelmed then seek assistance. Right off the bat you are showing that you are not lazy or afraid and most important….. humble.
Do this in the gym as well. Save the easy work for after you busted your ass doing the hard stuff. Do this every day that you can. Show commitment by never skipping a workout and by always thinking ahead at your job. If you stand tall when everyone else is cowering you will become a leader. Whether you see yourself as a leader or not is unimportant. What is important is how those around you see you. If you are a leader to them then so be it.

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Here is the first actual quote I'm posting for this log. It's a recent quote from another PSL rep/athlete that I follow. He posts on a different forum if you wanna look for him he goes by the handle... The.Shadow
He has a great log with videos.

"Another new week! Another chance to take a step closer to the end goal. Everything you think, perform and speak this week must be a deliberate effort compounding towards success."

The purpose of training is to tighten up slack
Toughen the body
And polish the spirit
Morihei ueshiba

Hardcore quotes of the day
***8220;We are what we repeatedly do, excellence is therefore not an act, but a habit***8221;. Aristotle

***8220;Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other a matter of time***8221;. Voltare

***8220;Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one***8221;. Bruce Lee

***8220;When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That***8217;s my religion***8221;. Abraham Lincoln

Enjoy your day!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore thought of the day

You have to be uncomfortable to be improving.

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Life is hard after all it kills you

Make a man a fire hes warm for a night
Set a man on fire hes warm for the rest of his life

Anonymous

Life is hard after all it kills you

Make a man a fire hes warm for a night
Set a man on fire hes warm for the rest of his life

Anonymous

Good one! I'm gonna use that one at work...that's the kinda humor we enjoy!

Not a quote but a cool short little read about a hardcore guy...very motivational.

Enjoy!
Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Navy SEAL Josh Bridges on Life, War, and Learning How to Win
Wednesday, February 15, 2017 | By GovX

Spending four years in sunny San Diego with SEAL Team 3 must've rubbed off on Missouri native Josh Bridges***8212;He exuded a laid-back, California cool during a candid chat with GovX about life, fitness, and being bred for combat and chaos.

Growing up, I played every sport I could get my hands on. Except hockey, because my mom said that was way too expensive. Baseball was my biggest passion going into high school, but it was wrestling which I truly fell in love with, and I ended up focusing solely on that. I love how in wrestling, it's just you on the mat, with nowhere to hide. It's just you and your opponent.

I did some telemarketing after high school. That was hell, man. Totally god awful. Every day, I'd question where my life was going. So I got out of that and worked as a loan officer, just like the guys in The Big Short. That was me. I was one of those idiots talking about subprime loans in the middle of an economic disaster. It was absolutely insane work; I couldn't believe what I was doing.

About two years into that, I met this guy who came through as another officer***8212;back in those days, guys were coming in and out every week***8212;and he mentioned how his lifelong goal was to be a Navy SEAL. I was in landlocked St Louis, Missouri, and I didn't even know what the hell a SEAL was. But we became friends and the idea started to appeal to me. So I started doing some research. I started working out again, which was a welcome change from drinking all the time, eating crappy food, and trying to make sales 24/7.

I started doing Crossfit around then after learning a lot of the workouts they did would provide excellent preparation for SEAL training.

The SEALs are the most elite warriors out there. The more research I did, the more I learned about this job, the more I told myself, Yeah, I want that.

I figured, I was 22 years old, and if there's a chance for me to do this, right now is the time. I gave myself a year and a half deadline to get myself ready for it, and during that time I enlisted in the Navy.

After regular boot camp, my friend and I enrolled in a buddy program to BUD/S.

He ended up quitting on day two.

I think he may have put it up on too high of a pedestal. This was his lifelong goal, whereas I'd only been attracted to the idea for just about two years. So as I result, I didn't feel too stressed out about it. I felt pretty confident going into BUD/S and I told myself, the only way I'm not gonna get through this is if I get injured or I get sick.

But I kept putting one foot in front of the other. I tried to enjoy it too. I thought, I'm getting paid to work out right now.

Getting my trident pin was a hard feeling to describe. I got pinned by Admiral Olsen, and yes, when he pinned that trident to my chest I felt proud of getting where I was, but I kept telling myself that I hadn't accomplished anything that someone else already had. This was in 2007, and we were six years deep into the war already. I felt like I'd won the playoffs, but the World Series***8212;the serious work***8212;was about to start.

So it was a short-lived celebration. I got pinned on Friday. I walked into Team 3 on Monday. And they told me I'd be leaving for Iraq in five days. Congratulations, you have your trident. Now you're going to war.

And I'm telling you, you go right back down the totem pole right then. It starts all over again. You go from having just completed BUD/S, the most grueling training program in the entire US military, to being a Fuckin' New Guy.

They told me, Congratulations, you have your trident. Now you're going to war. You leave for Iraq in five days.
But I got to go on four or five ops during a two- month period, which was actually pretty slow for the teams. That was right when Iraq turned. To make it a little easier to understand, I had arrived in country right after the hierarchy of Iraq went from hating the US government to appreciating the US government.

All that aside, we did see our share of action. There was plenty of chaos and experiences that I'll never forget. You get to be very close with your brothers during those moments. It's like being on a baseball team, except you live with your teammates 24/7. I definitely miss that. You don't love everyone. Hell, you don't even like everyone. But you respect them for being there with you.

I believe God bred certain kinds of men and women for war. People who can handle bullets flying over their head, you know? You don't really want the people back home to know what that's like, because it's not for everyone. So that's why I actually find it pretty genuine when someone walks up to a person in uniform and thanks them for their service.

josh-bridges-2
Josh Bridges (right) with fellow SEALs***8212;spreading freedom with big guns and small dogs.

I served a few more years with the SEALs, and several more deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. My two sons were both born on deployment years. I got to come home for my first son's birth, and got to stay with him for the first seven days of his life, and then I was back in country for another four months.

I dislocated my left knee on my last deployment. It was amazing how well I was cared for after that happened. My primary goal became to get my left leg better, so for a year, I rehab'd and got myself back to 100%. My leg was better, but I ended up going to the training command, a 2 to 3-year non-combat role. I had a family to take care of, after all. I ultimately got out of the military in 2015, and I can look back on my career and feel proud of what I accomplished.

These days, I'm a professional CrossFit athlete. I've scored three Top 10 CrossFit Games finishes and I'm nowhere near done. Last year I finished first in the California Regionals. I enjoy the competition and the constant testing of my limits.

And when I'm not doing that, I'm spending time with my boys.

Some of the most fun I have is coaching wrestling on the side for the kids. There's something amazing about watching a six-year-old kid focus on winning. I remember the first time I saw my son realize that if you win a match, the referee raises your hand into the air and everyone cheers for you.

It was like a switch flipped in his head, and I saw him thinking, Yeah, I want that.

Hardcore Thought (quote) of the Day

Man looks into the abyss, there is nothing staring back at him, at that moment man finds his character, and THAT is what keeps him out of the abyss***8230;
Hal Holbrook

Enjoy your day!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore Thought (quote) of the Day

Man looks into the abyss, there is nothing staring back at him, at that moment man finds his character, and THAT is what keeps him out of the abyss***8230;
Hal Holbrook

Enjoy your day!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net
so true. so so true....

Hard or EZ . Hardcore thought of the day
The couch or the squat rack? The grilled chicken and broccoli or the the quick slice of pizza? Wake up at 4 am or sleep in? Add weight or do the same weight? Drag your tired body till it burns with lactic acid or sit and rest? Eat egg whites or eat ice cream? Go to bed early or stay up to watch t.v.?

The hard way or the easy?

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore Thought Of The Day

Quit Gossip. Small useless talk is pointless and gossiping is a weakness.

Enjon your day!

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore Thought of the Day

***8226; Make a decision to do something
***8226; Prepare like your life depends on it
***8226; Show up confident that your preparation gives you the best chance at victory
You can apply this to everything you will ever do in your life.

Enjoy your day!

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Not sure if Ben Franklin was talking about training but he said.....
Well done is better than well said. ~ Ben Franklin

I guess a modern day version of this statement would be... don't talk about it, be about it.

Enjoy your day,
Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

***8220;If there is no struggle, there is no progress.***8221; ***8211; Frederick Douglass

Enjoy your day!
Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore Thought Of The Day- A way of life
The gym isn***8217;t an escape from life***8217;s problems, but a way of solving them. A strong body makes for a strong person. Challenge yourself, test yourself, and grow.

Quote from Dave Tate

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Hardcore Thought Of The Day by Jim Wendler-

Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape thinking about it. They did it.

Enjoy your day!
Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training***8230; What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.***8221; ***8211; Socrates

Quit Gossip. Small useless talk is pointless and gossiping is a weakness.

Anzel
Euro-Pharmacies.net

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Proverbs 16:28 b and gossip separates close friends

Proverbs 20:19 A gossip betrays confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much

Last edited:
Back