OnlyTheGreat

on my way
Hey guys! First off, my stats:

24yo
5'10 (1.77m)
92kg
around 12-14% bf
lifting on and off since the age of 14, serious since the age of 17
currently on cycle (test e 250mg, tren e 400mg)
bulking

Okay guys, so Friday (25/09) I had a massive headache at work that wouldn't go away. At first I thought I was dehydrated but even after drinking a whole lot more water than normal, I still had the headache. It went away with 100mg aspirin which lead me to believe that it may be blood pressure related. I am sensitive to estrogen so even on a low dose of test, I still use 0.5mg adex eod. Though I feel great so it shouldn't be estrogen related (doctors here don't test female hormones in males). I am on b&c, have been for around 35 weeks and currently on week 6 of this cycle so am yet to do bloods. I did however do bloods before I started the blast and everything was in check.

Today I went to my doctor for a check up and to get bloods done and I mentioned the headache, so he tested my blood pressure. It came back at a whopping 180/87! So, of course, I am really worried. Could this be caused by tren? If so I will drop it immediately. My diet is good, all meat cooked in olive oil, lots of nuts and 12g of fish oil a day, so it shouldn't be cholesterol being high. Does tren have the ability to raise blood pressure this high?

I also got an ecg done, which indicated stress in the left ventricle, but my doctor said it could come back as nothing. However, if my blood pressure is still high by tomorrow morning when I get my bloods done at the lab, he will refer me to a cardiologist for a full check-up. I may go on some prescription meds, but would like to avoid it at all costs. I know of grape seed extract, but is there anything else I could take to lower blood pressure naturally as it would take the tren some time to clear out of my system. He will also prescribe me some finasteride, which I believe can also drop blood pressure a bit.

After my bloods, I will phone my doctor to chat about the results and again after I see the cardiologist (if I have to). We will then decide what I am going to do. He said he would treat me no matter what, but would recommend I get off steroids. It has always been a dream of mine though to become a professional bodybuilder, so I would still like to use gear if it is at all possible to do so safely.

I will post bloods results tomorrow if my doctor will release them to me and let you guys know if you are interested. Any questions welcome if there is anything I missed or you would like to know. Any advice also appreciated.

Let's see your blood work. Things like kidney function, estradiol, etc. Tren can be hard on some of your organs.

When is the last time you donated blood to lower your hematocrit?

i'm pretty sensitive to estrogen as well, but i still think .5mg EOD @ 250mg a week is overkill.

understand the importance of a prolactin inhibitor when using progesterones (nandrolone [deca], tren, anadrol, etc). it is just as important as an AI

most steroids do share the common side effect of spiking your blood pressure, but DEFINITELY not up to 180. personally, no matter what i'm on i will never break the 140 mark. if your blood pressure is at 180 the steroids are definitely helping... and im no doctor but it sounds like you are predisposed to high blood pressure. does it run in the family? luckily there is medication for that ask your doctor about it.

my conclusion is that OP has blood pressure issues to begin with. maybe drop the tren and get blood pressure tested again when its out of your system. rookie move selecting tren enth btw. sorry

You could try Cabergoline. For one, not a bad idea to run a Dopamine Agonist when using Tren. But it has the added benefit of lowering blood pressure. There are some risks in using a DA though so make sure you are familiar with them before swallowing the pill.

Could be the tren, although at that dose I can't see it spiking aldosterone THAT much to cause a huge jump in bp. There may be something else going on, I'd drop the tren to be safe and follow through with the doctors.

It's a little late to not tell them about your AAS use, so be prepared to have them blame it on them - even if it's not to blame. Just be thorough; and getting a script for metaprolol or lisinopril isn't a bad thing.

My .02c :)

Let's see your blood work. Things like kidney function, estradiol, etc. Tren can be hard on some of your organs.

When is the last time you donated blood to lower your hematocrit?

It seems I will only get the results tomorrow at around this time. I have not had to donate blood yet. In my last blood test (around 8 weeks ago) my blood count was still good. Everything was in check, doctor looked it over for me.

Will post the results of the bloods when I have them.

i'm pretty sensitive to estrogen as well, but i still think .5mg EOD @ 250mg a week is overkill.

understand the importance of a prolactin inhibitor when using progesterones (nandrolone [deca], tren, anadrol, etc). it is just as important as an AI

most steroids do share the common side effect of spiking your blood pressure, but DEFINITELY not up to 180. personally, no matter what i'm on i will never break the 140 mark. if your blood pressure is at 180 the steroids are definitely helping... and im no doctor but it sounds like you are predisposed to high blood pressure. does it run in the family? luckily there is medication for that ask your doctor about it.

my conclusion is that OP has blood pressure issues to begin with. maybe drop the tren and get blood pressure tested again when its out of your system. rookie move selecting tren enth btw. sorry

Anything less than that dose and I get puffy nipples. It's crazy how sensitive I am to estro.

I have caber on hand and have used it in a tren ace cycle before, but I do not get progesterone sides. Might not be a bad idea to add it in future tho. My dad had high blood pressure but as a result of years of hard drinking (served in South African army during apartheid), but nobody else in the family. I have dropped the tren and am on 2.5mg Cilazapril daily. I will let the tren clear out and get bloods done again, if it is still not sorted I will drop the trt dose of test too and start a long, hard PCT.

Could be the tren, although at that dose I can't see it spiking aldosterone THAT much to cause a huge jump in bp. There may be something else going on, I'd drop the tren to be safe and follow through with the doctors.

It's a little late to not tell them about your AAS use, so be prepared to have them blame it on them - even if it's not to blame. Just be thorough; and getting a script for metaprolol or lisinopril isn't a bad thing.

My .02c :)

Luckily my doctor is the man, so he already knows. He was doing all my bloodwork and everything for me. He knows everything but has recommended I stay off gear, but it's my choice. If it is the tren only causing this and bloods get better, I will just cruise and slow bulk and stay healthy for a while. Then once everything is good, I might start slow again with just a test blast etc.

I do, however, have no problem hopping off the gear if I need to. I would just hate to let all my hard work go to waste.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My doc know s too...he has to..like not telling your lawyer some shit then getting ambushed in court.....

Okay, so just an update guys.

Just got off the phone with my doctor and my bloods were all good. They have only shifted slightly from natty levels. The only test we are still waiting for is morning cortisol.

He said that the high blood pressure is caused by my kidneys retaining a lot of water, which should be fixed once I come off. I have already dropped the tren and it should be cleared from my system in a few weeks.

Is this water retention caused by the tren or maybe test? Maybe the AI or even estro? If any of you guys know, I would really appreciate some advice.

Also I will be seeing the cardiologist simply to do a scan of my heart and check for any damage or any possible damage in the future if I choose to continue with AAS usage. He should be able to tell me more about things I have to look out for and so on. I feel like I could really benefit from seeing him and having a chat about AAS.

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

It is typically high estrogen that causes water to be retained by one's body.

Some drugs are metabolized and/or eliminated by the kidneys. This can put an added strain on them and reduce their efficiency. Reduced kidney efficiency can result in more water being retained by one's body.

Diet is important too. Salt for example causes one too retain more water.

Steroids increase hematocrit so that could have become elevated in the last 8 weeks. That is another factor that could raise your BP as it can be harder for your heart to pump the blood.

Back