How do these vegan bodybuilders get so massive? I don't get it.. low quality proteins

I personally don't buy high protein BS I never saw any difference when I eat high protein 6 meals per day with many protein shakes VS when just eat 2 X per day normal meals without any protein shakes. it depends from your body genetics hormones how food is processed to grow muscle, same like some car engines are fuel efficient some are not, same with body some can utilize less protein in more muscles some can't. That is what happens when you are on gear without gear I could eat all protein in world yet never had much muscle increase add gear eat normal 2 meals per day and my engine just become more fuel efficient...

you clearly have zero knowledge of diet or nutrition and are waisting your time bodybuilding. Its 80% diet even on the heaviest cycles.

I agree with a lot of what you said.. but we definitely are coming at this from two totally opposite spectrums :)

I see society going away from real food based products (like meat, fat, dairy etc.) and going towards vegetables, fruits, grains, carbs, etc***8230; basically going from stuff that has to be refrigerated and going to stuff that can just sit on the shelf.

This transition is making society sicker,, all for the sake of saving $ and convenience (and so they tell us eating grains, carbs, veggies is healthy). . harvesting animals for food is a lot of $ and a lot of work.. feeding the masses with mass farming grown crops is much easier,, but is causing a lot of disease and health issues,, personally, going back to a 'real food' diet of Meat and Fats would be a better trend for a healthier society. but again, its hard to feed the masses on food stamps a good fat steak or salmon,, easier and less money to feed them grains (just like they feed the pigs)..

I think the grain and farming industry is just fine with the rise of 'non meat based' diets, and will spend plenty of money spinning that idea as somehow healthier.

of course.. personal choice on what you eat is all that matters. if eating a vegetable based diet makes someone feel better health wise, then more power to them
what do you think i eat man?
you are wrong. grains fine, thats its own argument. but veggies? some do and some do not need to be in fridge and having healthy land to grow it isnt that cheap... you seriously make a comment like " This transition is making society sicker,, all for the sake of saving $ and convenience (and so they tell us eating grains, carbs, veggies is healthy). " ??
eating healthier and with fresh fruits and veggies is more costly in many cases then some processed meat and dairy and the rest...
im not saying live off canned beans and veggies. im talking about healthy LIVE fresh produce....
people that eat cheap tend to eat the processed foods and grains... that has NOTHING to do with not eating meat and i assure you that i knwo for a fact it is NOT cheaper...
im not sure hwat you think vegetarians eat but I dont think its what you think it is man..
yes i eat some grains but not much... and i avoid boxed cheap food that just sits on shelf..

BTW there is alot of meat products that are the same way...
some groups of people will go for cheaper and food that just sits... that is not my category im sorry....
i really dont think you know what you are talking about at this point so im letting this die, its just too silly this post im not trying to offend you but reading it left me in "is this guy serious" shock.

you really think fresh vegetables can just sit and are worse for you? and the ones that can last a while out... so what?
eating processed foods has nothing to do with being a meat eater or meat free, its a shitty diet and can go both ways with meat or non meat diets and i assure you its not cheaper to be a veg head in many cases.
i limit processed foods... your argument i invalid IMO...

Last edited:
Shitty processed carbs are fucking us. I'm not a big fan of the paleo diet just due to the idiotic rationale, but I think we'd all be much better off eating shit we grow and kill. I grew up on meat we killed. Veggies are probably great but we didn't have a climate to grow that shit so we just killed shit and ate it and did damn well health-wise. Wasn't until I grew up and moved south I had to deal with doctors.

-- If a family was stuck on an island that only had cucumbers, green beans, and apples,, the family would eventually die out.

-- If a family was stuck on an island that had cattle, salmon, and pigs,,, the family would survive and thrive for generations.

the inuit tribes in the north have lived on Fat and Meat as their only source of food for thousands of years.. they are among the healthiest people in the world.

as for what you eat Pork Chop.. I have no idea. nothing wrong with fresh vegetables, i eat several servings of organic vegetables every day. I was not talking about them as being un-healthy,, but, as you probably know, a lot of vegetarians do NOT eat healthy and are not nourished. they simply go without eating meat,, and replace it with Grains, and other processed crap.

my wife was a vegetation,, at that time she did not eat healthy. You may be the exception cause your into the BB lifestyle,, but plenty of 'non meat' eaters are far from healthy and eat very unhealthy.. they'd be more healthy giving up vegetables all together along with their processed crapy carbs,, and eating only organic meat and fat.**

** of course a well balanced diet of healthy meats, fats, and vegetables would be best,, no processed carbs needed. but to each their own

Last edited:
-- If a family was stuck on an island that only had cucumbers, green beans, and apples,, the family would eventually die out.

-- If a family was stuck on an island that had cattle, salmon, and pigs,,, the family would survive and thrive for generations.

Huh?

If a family was stuck on an island that only had cucumbers, green beans, and apples,, the family would eventually die out.

a baby cannot live without FAT.. it will die and the brain and organs cannot develop. Animals provide all that is needed for a human being to live,, vegetables do not. try to feed an infant just veggies and it dies. a family that lives on an island where it has no access to the essential nutrient for life, FAT.. will die.

thats my point

Fat, and amino acids are the bulling blocks for our life,, if you do not consume FAT you cannot live,, if your body does not have proper proteins, it cannot function.. the one thing you can live without and still thrive, are vegetables, fruits, and in fact any form of carbohydrate

Last edited:
a baby cannot live without FAT.. it will die and the brain and organs cannot develop. Animals provide all that is needed for a human being to live,, vegetables do not. try to feed an infant just veggies and it dies. a family that lives on an island where it has no access to the essential nutrient for life, FAT.. will die.

thats my point

Fat, and amino acids are the bulling blocks for our life,, if you do not consume FAT you cannot live,, if your body does not have proper proteins, it cannot function.. the one thing you can live without and still thrive, are vegetables, fruits, and in fact any form of carbohydrate

you fail to understand that certain nuts and veggies HAVE FAT, HIGH LEVELS actually.... this just shows me you dont know diet, even for a meat eater. im not even responding to the island comment other than " if i HAD to eat meat I would. ill eat the mother fuker next to me"... thats not the point, NEED vs, WANT or .. man i am done lol

you fail to understand that certain nuts and veggies HAVE FAT, HIGH LEVELS actually.... this just shows me you dont know diet, even for a meat eater. im not even responding to the island comment other than " if i HAD to eat meat I would. ill eat the mother fuker next to me"... thats not the point, NEED vs, WANT or .. man i am done lol

I'm on a high fat ketogenic diet currently.. I consume plenty of Avacodes, Olives, Walnuts,, etc. to get extra fats in my diet. Ummm,, so, yeah I know their are fats in things other then animals. lol.. u missed my point,, but "your done"

the inuit tribes in the north have lived on Fat and Meat as their only source of food for thousands of years.. they are among the healthiest people in the world.

as for what you eat Pork Chop.. I have no idea. nothing wrong with fresh vegetables, i eat several servings of organic vegetables every day. I was not talking about them as being un-healthy,, but, as you probably know, a lot of vegetarians do NOT eat healthy and are not nourished. they simply go without eating meat,, and replace it with Grains, and other processed crap.

my wife was a vegetation,, at that time she did not eat healthy. You may be the exception cause your into the BB lifestyle,, but plenty of 'non meat' eaters are far from healthy and eat very unhealthy.. they'd be more healthy giving up vegetables all together along with their processed crapy carbs,, and eating only organic meat and fat.**

** of course a well balanced diet of healthy meats, fats, and vegetables would be best,, no processed carbs needed. but to each their own

they have adapted to their living condition and it shows in the genes on a genetic level, did research into this before actually. like is said IF you NEED TO eat meat.. if i was stuck on the north pole i sure would not be looking for veggies... id likely eat the thing i hate most.... FISH! (yes im a pork chop but i hate fish!! :/) or do what I have to to live. but i am not up there. and also they dont have mcdonals up there or other crap like that.

yes to each their own man..

I'm on a high fat ketogenic diet currently.. I consume plenty of Avacodes, Olives, Walnuts,, etc. to get extra fats in my diet. Ummm,, so, yeah I know their are fats in things other then animals. lol.. u missed my point,, but "your done"
then why do you tie meat to fat soo much? or that scenario for families, leaving out fat and nutrent dense meat free foods?
your argument keeps going back to that but if you know of avocados and the rest. why do you fail to see its possible for baby and that family you mention will die... to me this is getting even sillier now.

your point?
you point is you need meat to live or be healthy, my point is "hey here i am 10yrs later as evidence you dont... " which you just cant seem to accept i guess.

anyways

ps i rec breast feeding for babies from mother.

then why do you tie meat to fat soo much? or that scenario for families, leaving out fat and nutrent dense meat free foods?
your argument keeps going back to that but if you know of avocados and the rest. why do you fail to see its possible for baby and that family you mention will die... to me this is getting even sillier now.

your point?
you point is you need meat to live or be healthy, my point is "hey here i am 10yrs later as evidence you dont... " which you just cant seem to accept i guess.

anyways

ps i rec breast feeding for babies from mother.

I already specifically and directly responded to you on that earlier,, saying "because meat is more efficient" , which you then went on and pretty much agreed with.

You guys need not take jabs at one another, and to instead focus on the OP's questions or curiosities. Damn lol

There are vegan BBrs, it's a thing. He wants to know how, not hear why meat should be used because of efficiency, or whatever other point you make in that regard..

I also don't think he's taking about Top Tier competitors such as the Mr.Os... just jacked dudes on gear and vegetable products!

most of us use gear around here so i dont see why it matters if they used anabolics or not. still need diet and training. so size is size i agree most vegans tend to be smaller, but most dont do this for shows IMO

bill pearl> https://www.google.ca/search?q=bill...ved=0ahUKEwjwg-O68dvJAhXEOz4KHTd-B60Q_AUIBigB
Bill+Pearl+003.png

and that was in the 60s!! we know much better now about diet AND anabolics.

i just posted him because it was the first name that came to mind
i only mentioned anabolics because IMO it's better to look at natural athletes to determine the efficiency of a diet in context of interest. Most here are looking to build size, looking at natural vegan body builders would indicate that the diet may not be optimal for those goals. Obviously, with anabolics there are more possibilities but that is due to the effectiveness of the drugs rather than the diet.

Vegan athletes are typically smaller than meat-eaters, although there's evidence to suggest it can be beneficial for other areas of physical fitness. But for the most part I agree with everything you've posted here.

Bill Pear built his physique with meat and switched to vegetarian later in life. He also heavily relies on eggs and milk, which as you know is different than veganism.

I'm not sure the OP question is a 'true' question, its a false presumption.

'how do these vegan bodybuilders get so massive' ?

Definition of massive -- exceptionally large

Defintion of vegan -- someone who does not use or consume any animal products (no eggs, no milk, no meat etc).

the OPs question assumes that there are multitudes of exceptionally large vegan bodybuilders.. I personally do not know of any,, let alone several to the point it even warrants the question being asked.

Does anyone know of these multiples of massive vegan bodybuilders out there?

Back