How do you sterilize bottles?

hard2gain

Hey bros! I've been home brewing for a while now and have just been using syringe filters and poking into sealed sterile vials. I'm working on switching to a little bigger operation and need some advice.

1. I want to start crimping my own vials but I'm not quite sure how to sterilize these vials. I've read an autoclave is the best, is this what most bros use? If so where do I get this and what kind of price range are these?

2. I'm getting a little fed up with the syringe in a caulk gun method and I'd like to have a pressurized filtration system set up by the time I'm out of filters. My problem is I cannot find a lot of info on these like which one to buy/process of how to use it.

Any help on these questions is much appreciated.

Hey bros! I've been home brewing for a while now and have just been using syringe filters and poking into sealed sterile vials. I'm working on switching to a little bigger operation and need some advice.

1. I want to start crimping my own vials but I'm not quite sure how to sterilize these vials. I've read an autoclave is the best, is this what most bros use? If so where do I get this and what kind of price range are these?

2. I'm getting a little fed up with the syringe in a caulk gun method and I'd like to have a pressurized filtration system set up by the time I'm out of filters. My problem is I cannot find a lot of info on these like which one to buy/process of how to use it.

Any help on these questions is much appreciated.

1) isopropyl alcohol and distiller water. Then use a pressure cooker at 210deg F at 15psi for 30-60min.

2) whatman Zapcap, Nalgene Bottle Top filter, Millipore Stericup System all options. You'll need the filter setup, a hand vacuum pump with pressure gauge, nylon or rubber tubing, a glass media jar, and rubber scepta to fit the thread in glass media jar

Hi bro

Last time I used Millipore 0.22 stericup filter with hand vacum pump it clogged on my testo e, but worked fine on EQ.

It`s a easy way to do it, and now I have ordered Nalgene rapid flow stericups to avoid clogging when filtering.

For sterilizing I first boil the vials in 15 min, then wash them in isopropanol , put them in oven for 30min, then let it cool down,and put back in oven in 30min, voila sterilized vials ready to use.

Back