How long to wait after a cycle before doing another cycle?

appleton111

this is a common question overheard in gymns and in forums.
ive learned that If you plan to do another cycle, keep in mind that time off equals time on + post cycle therapy (pct). So if you had a 12 weeks cycle, expect to wait at least another 16-18 weeks before you cycle again.

what do you think? is this about right?

The first, most basic thing to understand is that after you***8217;ve finished an 8-12 week steroid cycle (the most commonly suggested duration) you need to take some time off to allow your body to go back to functioning normally. During this ***8220;post-cycle***8221; period, you***8217;re particularly susceptible to losing your gains because you shut down your body***8217;s natural testosterone production by taking steroids. Now you***8217;re no longer supplementing your lack of natural testosterone production with steroids. The result? Your testosterone levels, obviously, drop! Fear not, they will eventually return to normal.

For steroid users planning on doing more cycles in the future, the question becomes: how long should I wait between cycles and is there anything I can do during that time to minimize my loses?

The main reason for wanting so hard to jump to the next steroid cycle is the desire to keep the muscle mass you have gained and to add much more. After your typical steroids cycle, you can easily lose between 10%-15% of your muscle gains, and there are many cases when losses are much higher than this.

If your just a regular gym rat guy just do a cycle twice a year

january & june

orher than that (meaning this is more of a career thing)

go on blast & cruise & plan on a possible trt regimen forever

although my dad blasted & cruised for 20 years

powerlifting competitively (with verifiable world records till he was 45)

then did what he calls training down

and managed to completely come off steroids including testosterone

70 years old now still going strong

The proper answer would be blood work and make sure you***8217;re recovered months adter pct.

I do like the general idea of time on and pct is time off. Simplified

If your just a regular gym rat guy just do a cycle twice a year

january & june

orher than that (meaning this is more of a career thing)

go on blast & cruise & plan on a possible trt regimen forever

although my dad blasted & cruised for 20 years

powerlifting competitively (with verifiable world records till he was 45)

then did what he calls training down

and managed to completely come off steroids including testosterone

70 years old now still going strong

good for him and still strong at age 70. :muscles:

Last edited:
I take breaks because otherwise my body just doesn't rest and I feel bad. I do these cycles twice a year, before that I read a lot of advice. It depends on your level of exertion in the gym as well.

Back