how many carbs?

wynchester76

Hi! OK gotta question; trying to get lean/cut; basically drop fat & build lean muscle. Regarding intake; currently minimum of 140 grams protein/day, maximum of 25 grams/fat a day & no idea what I am doing with carbs. Can someone please tell me about how many grams of carbs I should be at? Thanks for your help!!!

Generally speaking it would be around 2-4 grams per pound of body weight however I'have terrible weight loss at this range and have to drop it to around 1 per pound of body weight. Normally I start a by getting my carbs below 20 grams for two weeks then bost it to 60 for the next and then 100 grams therafter till i hit the weight I wish to reach.

Restricting carbs works well for weight loss on a guy but slower with a woman. All depends on how much you weigh and how much you wish to lose.

juggernaut!

Thanks for the insight; so 1 weigh about 140lb & am 5'6".
I don't know if I per say need to lose "weight" I just wanna define, tone, reduce fat & build muscle to what i have; I could maybe lose say 5lbs?. I have no muscle what so ever. I want a flat toned stomach; defined/cut arms, legs etc. In order to get the cut defined look I have to build a lotta muscle I think which i think is gonna be the hardest thing for me. So i just wanna make sure my caloric intake is good so i am getting enough of what i need to lose the body fat but increase muscle at the same time.

I am also taking 5-10mg/day of Winstrol (winny) (been on approx 4 weeks)
(started last week) hydroxycut (only 3 pills/day)
waterpills (been oin 4 weeks)
multi vitamin (been on 4 weeks)
& just started today BNS Nitrix (for the creatine to help built the muscle& only 3 pills/day)

I try to work out minimum of 5/days a week weight training & 30/min cardio/day.

ok first off i just have to say that you can't build muslce and loss fat at the same time unless your just starting wieght lifting or maybe when taking steroids. the six months after you first start training is the only time when you can really lose fat and gain muscle. after that, its either one way or the other. to build muscle, you have to take in more calories than what you burn, or lose fat you have to take in less calories than what you burn. second thing to adress is your diet. my god man, your going WAY too low. i would recommend no less than maybe 1600 to 1800 calories becuase below that you not getting al the nutrients your body need to be healthy. also, if you go that low, you are potentially losing less body fat than you could be losing with a higher calorie diet. your going so low your body is thinkin it is starving and it will drastically cut your matabolism. the body is ment to survive first and formost, not to be lean and muscular. also, i think your overtraining. your eating very low cals coupled with 8 to 9 anarobic and aroubic sessions a week. when you go below 1600, you going to lose alot of muscle tissue. more so than if you just ate right and upped the calories and just created the calorie deficit with cardio. also when you begin to bulk. eat like a beast. your an ectomorph so you can be pretty loose with your diet decisions. for you i would reccomnd you fix your diet and up your cals to about or around 2000(slowly if you've been on your 1400 cal diet for more than 2 weeks, as your metaboism is probably bad)and i would make you nutrients about 250g Protein, 85 grams veges, and 70 grams fat. you need fat so lose fat. if you go as low as you are now, than your body will sense starvtion and it will hold on to whatever fat it has and use other things as fuel like say MUSCLES! also you brain is primarily fat so if your go really low you brain will force your body to hold more fat. well goodluck

oops, forgot about the whole female male thing. you might want to go to 1800 cals in your case(since your a chic) but everything else holds true.

Back