How much test with anavar cycle

trs

Hey guys.

Quick stats : 35 yo male. Working out for about 15 years and been relatively blasé with past cycles (test, dbol, tren & eq - not all at once but various combos of them over the past 5+ years).

Diet has always been reasonable in that I count calories and aim to hit a fairly even macro split 35/35/30 or very slight variations to that.

Never really bothered with cutting as I hate losing any size but its time to see what I can accomplish with my body doing things better than I have been. My plan is to get to a bf% that Im comfortable with rather than trying to hit a specific number and then when Im happy with it start a clean bulk as my previous ones havent been all that clean.

Currently on a calorie deficit of 300 calories according to my TDEE (which was calculated from a dexa bmr estimation) and getting 90% of my nutrients from plant based foods and the rest from cottage cheese, eggs and a bit of tuna. This has me sitting about 29% protein, 55% carbs and 16% fat daily on my macros. Zero sugar, all carbs and fats from vegetables only (bar the 2 eggs a day). Sodium sitting about 1200-1350mg per day. So its pretty tidy diet wise.

Keeping my lifts heavy and pushing roughly 3x sets of 6-8 per exercise with mainly compound lifts 5x a week and finishing off with light cardio for 30 mins only.

So now the key question: having never taken anavar Ive read 100mg daily is a great dose coupled with test (enanthate camp over here) but Im not sure on how much test to use. The goal isnt to build muscle so much (if I do then great) but to retain it and drop body fat before bulking with tren and test (500mg tren pw 200 test). I was going to keep things easy on the body and cap at 250mg test pw with the 100 daily anavar but wondering if Ill get better results with a 500mg pw test base or whether the higher test will introduce more water retention and start to overshadow the effects that Im wanting from the anavar. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Whats you weight. Height etc?

You have to eat more protein bro. Its good what youre counting but protein builds muscles and you need plenty more through food and not shakes

Sounds like a reasonable cycle but you have to remember that bloat is controlled in diet and if you aromatase easily then an AI would assist in high estro situation.

I would run 400mg test a week and 50mg var a day. Conservative cycle but with your goals in mind you should

All good man Im getting all my nutrients through proper food rather than shakes. Re keeping my protein low its kind of on purpose as Im just going with a bare minimum approach which is more or less in line with this article https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0215-1

But I suppose being on gear would alter what my body will use so I might up the protein a bit and lower my carbs :biggthump

Tbh Ive had a lot of difficulty finding solid info about anavar cycles. Between the amount of threads where someones asking about an anavar only cycle and getting burned for it and the odd one here and there with comments like ***8220;didnt do anything with less than 80 per day***8221; there isnt much info with decent reasons to back up the dosage question/answer.

But I havent tried it before so I guess Id be better taking your recommendation currently :)

Last edited:
good luck. and add sugar to your foods too.

the more natural the better for me too. i include sugar and honey in all my meals that require it instead of any synthetic, artificial sugary foods that will cause cancer.
the world is abundant in natural foods and natural sweeteners. just look at those who live in the islands as they grow their own sugar, sugar cane, and cancer rates, obesity, diabetes rates im sure are very low there.

All good man Im getting all my nutrients through proper food rather than shakes. Re keeping my protein low its kind of on purpose as Im just going with a bare minimum approach which is more or less in line with this article https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0215-1

But I suppose being on gear would alter what my body will use so I might up the protein a bit and lower my carbs :biggthump

Tbh Ive had a lot of difficulty finding solid info about anavar cycles. Between the amount of threads where someones asking about an anavar only cycle and getting burned for it and the odd one here and there with comments like ***8220;didnt do anything with less than 80 per day***8221; there isnt much info with decent reasons to back up the dosage question/answer.

But I havent tried it before so I guess Id be better taking your recommendation currently :)

as long as you make Testosterone your base, then you can have anavar in the mix. just dont do it on its own you you will get lots of ill replies as to oral only cycle, and suffer the sides thereoff of oral only cycles.

Hey guys.

Good progress so far. Just to expand I do get sugars but they're from natural sources - various berries/fruits in my morning oats and whatever sugars exist in other whole foods I'm eating all up 40-50g per day.

Have lost 4kg of fat so far, that's actual fat through dexa not estimated through scales :)

Protein is the name of the game here brother. if you want muscle growth protein must be eaten and in large amounts mixed along veggies and lots of fiber as well. that will be the key to your muscle growth.

Testosterone plus an anavar cycle is common, especially during summer, but it comes with risks. Notably anavar lowers SHBG, which increases free T. When you***8217;re already taking T, that becomes a potent interplay that increases the risk vs. anavar alone.

Estrogen related risks from aromatization like gynecomastia and blood pressure increase, as well as general heart disease risks. In addition, some men may add aromatase inhibitors which add their own risks or consider accutane to control acne. Since accutane can cause its own liver problems, it should not be used with oral steroids!

Bodybuilders typically take 40-100mg of anavar a day, and 300-500mg of testosterone enanthate per week.

Testosterone is usually administered for 12 weeks, and anavar for 8 weeks.

Stacking testosterone with anavar like this will keep your testosterone levels high; as opposed to them plummeting from an anavar-only cycle.

Your dosage will depend on your experience. If you***8217;re new to steroids and this is your first cycle, it***8217;d be wise to take a low dose. If you***8217;re an experienced steroid-user your body will be used to AAS, and thus a higher dose is better tolerated.

Back