IF and CKD at the same time?

synonymous

Not sure how to start. I'm gonna put some background inbetween the RED LINES and you can skip it if you want. The questions I have come at the end after the RED LINE

-------------------------------------

What I started in June was leangains IF. Training started at 12-2pm (A time in there) and then I would break my fast with high protein/carb. I'm doing MI40 program (Being getting better and better since September last year). At first, my breaking fast meal was protein shakes/milk/granola and then a real food meal, chicken (My staple), brown rice, coconut oil on veggies. I'd only get in about 1/3 of my daily macros (They say to get in half, but I couldn't). The rest of the day I ate IIFYM leaving enough for some cottage cheese/almonds/fish oil for the end of the day. When I say IIFYM I'm not eating out, I cook all my food (No choice, eating out in Japan is expensive). This WAS my diet in June:

Gym days:
Fats: 115
Carbs: 300
Protein: 300
Calories: 3500

Off days:
Fats: 150
Carbs: 180
Protein: 350
Calories: 3500

Unfortunately, since July (Surgery) everyday is an off day. Post-surgery I'm walking, working but not allowed in the gym (Ab hernia).

Here are my stats:

36 yrs
181cm tall
156.6 kg
33% bf. (Unfortunately, this is what the calculators are telling me but I think I'm more around 40%)

So, pre-surgery I had to get measured and I was expecting a certain number for my waist, I was 15cm shorter than what I thought I was (Last time I went clothes shopping, about a year ago). But, the scale only moved about 2kgs over the entire month of June. So, I'm not sure what's happening. I've started the IF again and in the last week that I've been on (At 3000 calories) my sleep is better, appetite is more under control, focus is better and I find I don't have interdose withdrawal from the SSRI's and benzos I take as early in the day as I normally do. This happened when I was on IF in June as well. The days leading up to surgery I was in more a state of panic not eating right for about a week before then not eating for a few days after.

-------------------------------------

In order to lose as much body fat while holding onto as much muscle, would combining IF protocols and CKD be good or is choosing one over the other more 'optimal'. I have searched for more info on keto diets and I get so many posts most of which help answer a question then raise another, like eating healthy fats BUT not eating MCT like coconut oil. Also, can you do CKD and then switch to IF to give yourself a break if the CKD is tough? Or is this best avoided?

Back