Im having problems pinning. How do you guys do it?

grove12345

Ok basically I am having 2 problems when injecting myself.
First off the glutes were causing too much pain even when alternating. 2 weeks into it and it still hurt. So i went to the deltoids. Less stiffness and I can actually sit now.

My problem is when you inject the needle how do you pull back on the plunger to check for any blood being drawn?
My arm and hands are in such a awkward position that I dont know how to hold the needle in place while pulling back on the plunger. What finger or robot arm configuration do you guys use? I actually had difficulty drawing back even when using my glutes. My delts make it impossible to do it with.

Also while injecting it seems i have to push really really hard and slowly to get the liquid in. What would make the motion simpler. Do i need more air? Less air?

THanks

Aspiration? I don't. Sure you can do it if it makes you feel safer, but given as how the World Health Organization and many other organizations in the health care industry have ruled it's not necessary - I have no qualms skipping that step. I would like to know too how guys do that with delts as it does seem impossible. ;)

If you hit scar tissue, have a bad syringe (happens), happen to be too close to a dense body (bone/cartilage), or just have bad luck - pushing that little pain emitter of a plunger is going to be a royal bitch sometimes. BD syringes tend to have a bigger plunger, so that can make it easier, but I just love my little terumo's and deal with the occasional tough pin. You can try heating the oil prior to pinning too, some guys swear by it.

My .02c :)

I use an insulin syringe for the delts, hold the barrel with ring finger, pinkie and thumb, and use middle and index finger on either side of plunger to aspirate. It is a little awkward, and I'm trying to get better at doing it without shaking.

I dont wanna type up a huge long thing on Injection spots and types. Youtube is your friend my man. Youtube proper testosteron injections, or shots.

I don't aspirate either. I have no idea how I possibly could injecting my delts. I only have one hand on the needle.

Have you tried pinning your quads? Everything is right in front of you and you can use two hands. First shots will hurt since it is "virgin" muscle but it isn't that bad and it won't interfere with sitting. I like rotating over four spots.

What gauge needle are you using to draw and what gauge for injecting? I'm assuming you use two different tips for each purpose since that is pretty standard. Anyway the gauge could have something to do with how difficult it is for you. Oh, and what size syringe do you use? Is it 3 cc's?

By the way, since you mentioned air, do not inject air into your body. I don't believe it will do any harm injecting air into the muscle, but why risk accidentally injecting it into a blood vessel? I know you are probably talking about having a bubble at the top of the syringe to help you clear all the test out of the needle but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Have you read the Sticky up top on self-injecting? There is a lot of great info in there.

Last edited:
x3 on trying quads, like the others I don't aspirate either.
I've tried all 3 spots, glutes, delts and quads.
Quads are my favorite so far. Easy to get to and I don't have any discomfort issues when training unlike delt injections.

I've been using 1.5" 22g 3cc BD Precision-Glide without issue.
My new pins will be 25g though.

The oil you're on is thick, it's going to take some time to get in there.
Even at 22g it still takes a couple seconds.
Do you refrigerate your oil?

Last edited:
Get some 0.5", 29 gauge insulin syringes. You won't even feel a thing when it goes in. It takes a while to draw, but I just wedge the plunger in place and go off and do something else for a few minutes whilst it fills.

I was doing subq into my stomach fat at first, but I've cut down to <10% bf and there's not enough left there now, mainly just skin.

This morning, I switched to my quad. It was my first IM jab (I only started self-administering testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) a couple months ago). As megatron says, everything is in front of you, you can use two hands if you want to aspirate, and I didn't feel a thing. The area where the injection went in is a little warm now, but I believe this is common, and will subside in a day or two.

Check out spotinjections.com for pictures of the various sites.

x3 on trying quads, like the others I don't aspirate either.
I've tried all 3 spots, glutes, delts and quads.
Quads are my favorite so far. Easy to get to and I don't have any discomfort issues when training unlike delt injections.

I've been using 1.5" 22g 3cc BD Precision-Glide without issue.
My new pins will be 25g though.

The oil you're on is thick, it's going to take some time to get in there.
Even at 22g it still takes a couple seconds.
Do you refrigerate your oil?

22g! That's a harpoon! I use 25g.

I dont wanna type up a huge long thing on Injection spots and types. Youtube is your friend my man. Youtube proper testosteron injections, or shots.

Yeah..agreed. Maybe try not jabbing it in, but slow steady push while spinning the pin side to side..it will go in on it's own actually..and be sure to pinch a big chunk of meat on your legs when pinning. It helped me significantly. Definately go to youtube bro..it's all there.

Yeah..agreed. Maybe try not jabbing it in, but slow steady push while spinning the pin side to side..it will go in on it's own actually..and be sure to pinch a big chunk of meat on your legs when pinning. It helped me significantly. Definately go to youtube bro..it's all there.

I do the "steady push" too. Once you get through the outer millimeter of the skin you don't feel anything. And this allows you to stop and adjust or back out if you feel yourself running into a blood vessel. You can feel the resistance and there is a bit of pain when you do hit one. If you do the jab method though you just go right through it.

I haven't tried spinning it. I'll have to give that a try next time. I don't like pinching the skin though. That doesn't seem necessary. I would rather guide the needle in with two handa if pinning my quads. I can only use one hand to pin my delts so I couldn't even pinch the skin if I wanted too. :)

The other tip if you do the "steady push" method is to tap around lightly with the needle on your skin until you find a numb spot. This indicates there are no nerves right there.

I inject my glutes and hold the syringe in between my first two fingers at around the top joint. This allows me to use my ring finger and thumb to aspirate if I want to. Tends to go smoothly - like other posters have said, I alternate sides and just push it right in.

I just snagged some BD Auto-Retract pins to tide me over until my 25g shows up.
Those things are pretty neat.

Inject like usual, but at the end you depress the plunger a little further than usual.
You get a little *pop* and when you pull the needle out, it automatically retracts into the plunger body.

Still waiting for my regular BD's to show up, 3 weeks and counting since placing the order....

i think quads would be great, as they are right in front of me. But I did two full weeks of glutes and i couldnt sit for 2 weeks, and I heard soooo many stories of people limping while injecting into quads. Delts arent that painful for me. I guess i was concerned about doing the aspiration but it seems its pointless really. thats good. I can deal with the slow forceful process of injecting the fluid. but just curious to why it feels like i got to apply so much pressure

i think quads would be great, as they are right in front of me. But I did two full weeks of glutes and i couldnt sit for 2 weeks, and I heard soooo many stories of people limping while injecting into quads. Delts arent that painful for me. I guess i was concerned about doing the aspiration but it seems its pointless really. thats good. I can deal with the slow forceful process of injecting the fluid. but just curious to why it feels like i got to apply so much pressure

What is the barrel size of your syringe (in cc's) and what gauge needle are you using?

Ok basically I am having 2 problems when injecting myself.
First off the glutes were causing too much pain even when alternating. 2 weeks into it and it still hurt. So i went to the deltoids. Less stiffness and I can actually sit now.

My problem is when you inject the needle how do you pull back on the plunger to check for any blood being drawn?
My arm and hands are in such a awkward position that I dont know how to hold the needle in place while pulling back on the plunger. What finger or robot arm configuration do you guys use? I actually had difficulty drawing back even when using my glutes. My delts make it impossible to do it with.

Also while injecting it seems i have to push really really hard and slowly to get the liquid in. What would make the motion simpler. Do i need more air? Less air?

THanks

Practice makes perfect my brother!!! The more you pin, the better your pinning will become. We all have our own system down. We cant really teach you how to do it unless we are there. The best thing that i can tell you is turn to YouTube for instructions bro.What # is this cycle? Is this pain due to virgin muscle? Sometimes it can take up to a month before your muscle become use to the Hormone, BA, and BB content if your rotate often.

On another note what size needles are you using? sounds like a slin pin if it is that hard to push the oil in. Even with scare tissue i can put 3cc's in my glute or 1 and 1/2cc's into my mid-delt no problems (and i pin these on a weekly basis, so plenty of scare tissue there).

I use 1 and 1/2 inch, 23g needles for every thing. You don't have to go all the way if its a smaller muscle brother. This way you are not buying a ton of different needle lengths.

Back