Info regarding IGF-1 and cancer.

sgtmetal

Extremely informational (and long) read on GH and IGF-1. Mainly the effects of excessive IGF-1 in the blood and cancer.

I have been doing some heavy research into this pep mainly for its muscle building effects and secondly the effects on aging. I am having some second thoughts now that I have looked further into the research. While the study basically says IGF-1 has desirable effects except when the IGF-1 receptors become saturated and you have excess floating around. Question is how do you know when your receptors are saturated? IGF-1 LR3 has a 20 hour half life do you really want it floating around that long just for ease of use? Does this study indicate that the use of IGF-1 DES is better for overall health opposed to IGF-1 LR3??

https://transd.com/growth-Hormone-IGF-1-cancer.php

For those of you who don't have an attention span. Here is the conclusion of the research.

CONCLUSIONS

Efficacious GH therapy does not increase IGF-1. Furthermore, a substantial increase of IGF-1 is counter productive, leading to cancer, heart disease, and earlier death. Initial stages of cancer are accompanied by high levels of IGF-1, while certain treatments that suppress IGF-1 have also been shown to inhibit cancer. Regardless of the controversy with IGF-1, the goal of treatment should certainly not be to achieve higher IGF-1 levels since it has clearly been shown that IGF-1 has an association with cancer and is at the very least, an unreliable indicator of GH treatment efficacy, if not inversely related to efficacious GH treatment.

The evidence of a distinct and obvious relationship between cancer and IGF-1 is far more extensive. It is the obligation and responsibility of every physician even remotely considering prescribing a treatment to increase GH levels to review the facts for themselves and make an informed decision. In fact, it is paramount that physicians make their own critical decision regarding this subject after reviewing the facts themselves. History supports the fact that truth in medicine is often manipulated in order to paint a picture beneficial to a specific group or sector with a strong vested financial interest. The future will rightly judge these physicians and sectors harshly. But for most physicians who will suffer the wrath of the law suits that will inevitably unfold in the future as a result of intentionally increasing IGF-1, their fault will only be of blindly following unsound medical principals based on a lack of fundamental understanding of human physiology.

The quest for the truth regarding the IGF-1 controversy and the resulting crusade to correct the IGF-1 misconception began almost five years ago. The controversial nature of the subject sometimes left the author alone in a corner, usually fending of the proponents of increasing IGF- 1. But slowly, the truth has been vindicated as more and more data supports the conclusions drawn by other scientists as far back as 13 years ago. As an ending, this author could not find a more appropriate finale for the subject of IGF and it's correlation to cancer than the direct quote below, taken from a paper published by Yu and Rohan ( J Natl Cancer Inst . 2000;92:1472-1489) entitled " Role of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Family in Cancer Development and Progression".

"Laboratory studies have shown that IGF's exert strong mitogenic and antiapoptotic actions on various cancer cellsÂ***8230;IGF's also act synergistically with other mitogenic growth factors and steroids and antagonize the effect of antiproliferative molecules on cancer growthÂ***8230;The role of IGF's in cancer is supported by epidemiologic studies, which have found that hi gh levels of circulating IGF-1 and l ow levels of IGFBP-3 are associated with increased risk of [many] cancers ...IGF's are related to increased cell proliferation, suppression of apoptosis and increased cancer risk."

The goal of all medical therapies is not only to extend life but to improve the quality of that extended life. Upon the advent of GH, this goal was thought to have been achieved. However, the irrefutable correlation between increasing IGF-1 and cancer clearly shows otherwise. The possibility of cancer mandates a thorough consideration and understanding of the information presented for all physicians considering manipulation of their patient's hypothalamic-pituitary axis. The ethical and fiduciary relationship to the patient necessitates this understanding of the inter-relationship between GH and IGF-1 and the correlation between IGF-1 and cancer so as to abide by the first and foremost rule of medicine - Do No Harm.

Extremely informational (and long) read on GH and IGF-1. Mainly the effects of excessive IGF-1 in the blood and cancer.

I have been doing some heavy research into this pep mainly for its muscle building effects and secondly the effects on aging. I am having some second thoughts now that I have looked further into the research. While the study basically says IGF-1 has desirable effects except when the IGF-1 receptors become saturated and you have excess floating around. Question is how do you know when your receptors are saturated? IGF-1 LR3 has a 20 hour half life do you really want it floating around that long just for ease of use? Does this study indicate that the use of IGF-1 DES is better for overall health opposed to IGF-1 LR3??

https://transd.com/growth-Hormone-IGF-1-cancer.php

For those of you who don't have an attention span. Here is the conclusion of the research.

CONCLUSIONS

Efficacious GH therapy does not increase IGF-1. Furthermore, a substantial increase of IGF-1 is counter productive, leading to cancer, heart disease, and earlier death. Initial stages of cancer are accompanied by high levels of IGF-1, while certain treatments that suppress IGF-1 have also been shown to inhibit cancer. Regardless of the controversy with IGF-1, the goal of treatment should certainly not be to achieve higher IGF-1 levels since it has clearly been shown that IGF-1 has an association with cancer and is at the very least, an unreliable indicator of GH treatment efficacy, if not inversely related to efficacious GH treatment.

The evidence of a distinct and obvious relationship between cancer and IGF-1 is far more extensive. It is the obligation and responsibility of every physician even remotely considering prescribing a treatment to increase GH levels to review the facts for themselves and make an informed decision. In fact, it is paramount that physicians make their own critical decision regarding this subject after reviewing the facts themselves. History supports the fact that truth in medicine is often manipulated in order to paint a picture beneficial to a specific group or sector with a strong vested financial interest. The future will rightly judge these physicians and sectors harshly. But for most physicians who will suffer the wrath of the law suits that will inevitably unfold in the future as a result of intentionally increasing IGF-1, their fault will only be of blindly following unsound medical principals based on a lack of fundamental understanding of human physiology.

The quest for the truth regarding the IGF-1 controversy and the resulting crusade to correct the IGF-1 misconception began almost five years ago. The controversial nature of the subject sometimes left the author alone in a corner, usually fending of the proponents of increasing IGF- 1. But slowly, the truth has been vindicated as more and more data supports the conclusions drawn by other scientists as far back as 13 years ago. As an ending, this author could not find a more appropriate finale for the subject of IGF and it's correlation to cancer than the direct quote below, taken from a paper published by Yu and Rohan ( J Natl Cancer Inst . 2000;92:1472-1489) entitled " Role of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Family in Cancer Development and Progression".

"Laboratory studies have shown that IGF's exert strong mitogenic and antiapoptotic actions on various cancer cellsÂ***8230;IGF's also act synergistically with other mitogenic growth factors and steroids and antagonize the effect of antiproliferative molecules on cancer growthÂ***8230;The role of IGF's in cancer is supported by epidemiologic studies, which have found that hi gh levels of circulating IGF-1 and l ow levels of IGFBP-3 are associated with increased risk of [many] cancers ...IGF's are related to increased cell proliferation, suppression of apoptosis and increased cancer risk."

The goal of all medical therapies is not only to extend life but to improve the quality of that extended life. Upon the advent of GH, this goal was thought to have been achieved. However, the irrefutable correlation between increasing IGF-1 and cancer clearly shows otherwise. The possibility of cancer mandates a thorough consideration and understanding of the information presented for all physicians considering manipulation of their patient's hypothalamic-pituitary axis. The ethical and fiduciary relationship to the patient necessitates this understanding of the inter-relationship between GH and IGF-1 and the correlation between IGF-1 and cancer so as to abide by the first and foremost rule of medicine - Do No Harm.

I found a study I thought was this one but it's actually arguing this one. Saying some patients were already sick. I'm trying to find it now. It argued many of the fact here.

Last edited:
I can't find it but medical research institutes always argue each other. I want to read more on this. I'd never use hgh long term and I think this is just another reason not to. But I'd still cycle it ;)

Yea, I really enjoy reading this research. I am going to further branch into IGF-1 receptors and what causes them up up regulate, whether we have a set amount or receptors or with new tissue comes new receptors. I can also see why dosage is so important when using this pep, esp when using it in the longer version (LR3). We already know it has amazing potential for additional grown from a bodybuilding stand point but I think dialing the dosing in so that the receptors in the skeletal muscle tissues is using the majority will be the key factor is keeping your body safe and healthy.

Back