Information on Acne prevention and care

YoteKiller

I read a thread here a while back on how to prevent acne and get rid of it if it becomes a problem? Can't seem to find it now!

Appreciate the reply! Ive heard bad things about Acutane's side effects so I'm not too excited about that! Do tanning beds really help? I've got acne on my back and a little on my chest and I have never had it before! Wondering if different types of TEST give worse acne than others?

I went and saw a dermatologist and have since been prescribed some antibiotics and creams that will supposedly help within 2-4 months.. we'll see.

Get a acne body wash and generic proactive from walmart work fantastic or accutaime

Doc didnt want to give me acutane just yet! Side effects for respiratory and GI are not great and since I have Cystic Fibrosis Im going to try the antibiotics and creams first

I'm having the same issue. Mostly on my arms and Back. I've tried all of the acne body washes etc. Tanning only helps acne blend in, that's my opinion but I do tanot to hide them.
I'm running 600mgs of test cyp per week. My Dr. Told me he thinks DHT is the culprit..He suggested saw palmetto. I've been taking it for nearly 30 days abs have noticed a difference. Definitely hasn't eliminated the issue but has made it a lot better. I go in next Thursday for bloodwork to check my DHT level. He suggested a few other things to control DHT but wouldn't prescribe til my bloodwork is done. I'll post up results next week

I will give it a try. Im on solodyn, panoxyl, cetaphil, tretinion, and clendamycin. Solodyn is supposedly going to make the biggest impact but not supposed to start working for 2 months. I didn't realize how bad the tanning beds increased the risk for melanoma. My dermatologist told me every tanning bed visit increases your risk by 3%. Then again I've got a greater chance of kicking the bucket when I get in my truck everyday but she had me thinking about it for sure. Hoping this shit clears up sooner than later because it is uncomfortable and looks terrible every time I take my shirt off.

I will give it a try. Im on solodyn, panoxyl, cetaphil, tretinion, and clendamycin. Solodyn is supposedly going to make the biggest impact but not supposed to start working for 2 months. I didn't realize how bad the tanning beds increased the risk for melanoma. My dermatologist told me every tanning bed visit increases your risk by 3%. Then again I've got a greater chance of kicking the bucket when I get in my truck everyday but she had me thinking about it for sure. Hoping this shit clears up sooner than later because it is uncomfortable and looks terrible every time I take my shirt off.
Please keep us posted on this and hope it gets better soon.

yeah zinc oxide works well or some good ol salicylic acid face pads and some nice high quality face wash seems to work for me but i need to wash my face twice a day with that stuff sometimes depending on what im doing

No doubt! Im not on cycle right now and I'm wondering if some of the acne I have will subside when I start my next cycle. What do you guys think?

No doubt! Im not on cycle right now and I'm wondering if some of the acne I have will subside when I start my next cycle. What do you guys think?

i dont think it gets better on cycle it just depends how predisposed you are to it as far as i know and aas mostly just amplify this

Back