just broke my 5th metacarpal

As far as I know due to a lack of better explination it has to do with pain that occurs away from the site of injury but is due to the injury itself. Maybe Bigdaddy22 can chime in and explain better.

yea I had my whole hand turn purple but pain was not bad at all unless I were to punch something.
That why I did not know it was broken, I broke the bone all the way across and cracked broken bone it in 2 up and down.
It healed wrong as they said it should have been placed back right and wasn't so it was to late after 3 weeks to re-brake.
My Dr said it would just shatter if he tried to re-break again.

Popichulo said:
As far as I know due to a lack of better explination it has to do with pain that occurs away from the site of injury but is due to the injury itself. Maybe Bigdaddy22 can chime in and explain better.

i hope thats the case ,i asked so many questions they made me believe there incompetant.so when i go to the bone doc hes gonna ask for copies of my x-rays from radiology and go from there.

damn DG,stop posting on my shit your making me sound like a big baby LOL!

thanks for your 02's though.

vegasLife

lol ok bro, sorry man.
Everyone told me to see a Dr. When I was born the Dr's used to hold baby's upside down and spank to get good breath of air as they would cry. I never cried so he put a needle in me to make cry I still did not.
I have very high pain tolerance.

natty said:
you probably did the right thing, you may have broken a bone in your hand but you saved yourself from an assault charge...next time try going to the gym when you are mad at someone or find another means to channel it....less painful that way

you sure right bro.
that punch wouldve brought more than an assault charge.

vegasLife

VEGASBOY...

VegasBoy said:
dont apoligize to me bro,you could never hurt my feelings.
matter fact im going to get a second opinion my palm is black and green.no hard feelings.

vegasLfe

I know you have been x-rayed already, but maybe a carpal is broken as well?

You have to be careful, depending on which state your in the domestic violence laws are getting way too strict. In arizona punching the wall is considered domestic violence. If the police are called someone goes to jail no matter what. Sometimes both parties involved go to jail. I had a domestic violence charge, because I went to my ex girlfriend's house whom I had a child with. She wouldn't let me see my daughter so she tells me to leave and that she's calling the cops. There was no arguing going on or any violent behavior. I went out on the front porch and waited for the police thinking they would just tell me to leave. Not the case they arrested me and took me to jail for 2 weeks. I pleaded guilty to it and got 24hrs. of domestic violence counseling. It is just not worth it bro.

Re: VEGASBOY...

Melampus... said:
I know you have been x-rayed already, but maybe a carpal is broken as well?

is there a difference between metacarpal and a carpal if not thats what it is according to them.the pain isnt bad as it was the first day but i just believed there was a compound fracture but most likley not,hopefully.

vegasLife

clockwork said:
You have to be careful, depending on which state your in the domestic violence laws are getting way too strict. In arizona punching the wall is considered domestic violence. If the police are called someone goes to jail no matter what. Sometimes both parties involved go to jail. I had a domestic violence charge, because I went to my ex girlfriend's house whom I had a child with. She wouldn't let me see my daughter so she tells me to leave and that she's calling the cops. There was no arguing going on or any violent behavior. I went out on the front porch and waited for the police thinking they would just tell me to leave. Not the case they arrested me and took me to jail for 2 weeks. I pleaded guilty to it and got 24hrs. of domestic violence counseling. It is just not worth it bro.

next time she tells you shes gonna call the cops bounce bro!
laws are fucked these days.

vegasLife

Re: Re: VEGASBOY...

VegasBoy said:
is there a difference between metacarpal and a carpal if not thats what it is according to them.the pain isnt bad as it was the first day but i just believed there was a compound fracture but most likley not,hopefully.

vegasLife

The carpal(s) are the bones in your hand while the metacarpal(s) are your fingers. Just like tarsals & metatarsals of the feet. I was just thinking that you might have damaged something lower due to the bruising in your palm.

Re: Re: Re: VEGASBOY...

Melampus... said:
The carpal(s) are the bones in your hand while the metacarpal(s) are your fingers. Just like tarsals & metatarsals of the feet. I was just thinking that you might have damaged something lower due to the bruising in your palm.

fuk yeah thats what it is my pinky dont hurt above my knuckes,its below the knuckes in my palm is where its broke.thanks bro!

fuk yeah thats what it is my pinky dont hurt above my knuckes,its below the knuckes in my palm is where its broke.thanks bro!

Then that would be the 5th metacarpal which consists of the bone in the handnbetween the wrist and the knuckle

besides getting a cast or perhaps a splint to keep the bone in place there really isnt a way I know of.

I STAND CORRECTED...

Popichulo said:
Then that would be the 5th metacarpal which consists of the bone in the handnbetween the wrist and the knuckle

Looks like my high school anatomy was a little rusty! :D My mind switched the phalanges to the metacarpals, and the carpals to the metacarpals. Damn mods, I make one little mistake and you yank three stars from me.:( Tough crowd!;)

sorry I have not been online basically about radiating pain you have an injury at a particular site yet are feeling pain elsewhere, this can be common in the hand due to the extensive nerve network, your 5th metacarpal may be broken but since there are so many nerves in the area you may feel slight pain elsewhere.

popichulo is right the carpals are the bones in your immediate wrist while the metacarpals are numbered 1-5 from the thumb side and are in the palm.

Back