Just Got a BF% done, and I'm a little surprised...

Beck-Miester

Those of you here who I've chatted with in the past, know me, and know the cycles I've done...since last May, when I was tipping the scales at about 270lbs, I decided to try and shed some of the fat to see what was under all of that blubber. I went onto a low-carb, hi protien, hi fat diet, and shed about 25-30 lbs....I say this even though I am currently weighing in at a hefty 255lbs, since I KNOW that I've added muscle over that time (including having added about 30lbs to my workout weight for bench press, and about 50lbs to my workout weight for standing military press.

Please understand that I have CONTINUED to follow my bulking routine 5x5 workout, even through my slim-down period...

Today, I had a calliper test done to measure BF%, which in turn allows me to calculate my FFMI and lean muscle mass...the long and the short is: I kinda surprised! I've been running 500mg Test E e5d for the last 6 weeks, having decided to just run with a single AAS for this cycle. BF% calculated out to be 9.454%, which gives me (at my age, height, and weight) a lean muscle mass of 231lbs, and a Fat Free Muscle Index (FFMI) of 33.3

I guess that's the kicker: you just plain can NOT get a FFMI above about 27 when you're natty....

What's surprising though, is that I don't FEEL like my BF% is that low....perhaps it's just loose skin, but I would have thought my abs would have at least a little more definition to them at that BF%....guess I'm gonna have to knock it down some more...apparently I have about 25lbs of fat still on me....

Congrats!!

I don't want to burst your bubble but those caliper tests are never really accurate. When I do them they also say I am about 9-10% and I am no where near that right now more like 14-16%. You obviously dropped a lot of body fat I am not taking that away from you. But single digit BF%'s don't happen that easy.

I use the caliper test to judge progress not the exact %. Only way to know for sure is the submersible test in water.

But Hey!! Great job!!

Yeah....I hear YA about the calliper test...it just doesn't SEEM that it should be that low to me...from where I am sitting, I still feel that I have a LOT fat to still get rid of....

Stats: 255lbs, 5'11, 47 yrs old (well.....47 in another 3 weeks...)

Amazing how much bigger you look even though your actually lighter. Maybe you just had a crazy pump in the pic with the grey shirt, but if I did not know any better looking at the pic with the white shirt compared to the one in the middle with the grey one I would say you look bigger, delt caps chest lats. For me it's always good to hear it because its such a mind fuck to lose 30 pounds after months of trying to gain. I always feel like I'm a shrimp again but then I see pics or a reflection in a mirror from the across the room and I am like damn I look pretty jacked.

lol Body dysmorphia like a Mutha!!

Body dismorphia is definitely one of the things that I struggle with....but you ARE correct: I actually LOOK bigger, simply because I am a bit more cut...I think that anyone that lifts seriously, has a bit of it to differing degrees..

Back