K-1 World GP Finals

Fyre

Okay, December 6th it is. Lots of rumours circling around this card. Leko is out and Botha has replaced him. That sucks in my opinion!
Anyway, here's the supposed card but I'm sure we'll see some changes. Another rumour is that Hoost is to be on the card but I haven't read any confirmation about that one. If anyone has any links to the Hoost confirmation, that would be awesome!

Cyril Abidi vs Francois Botha

Peter Graham vs Remy Bonjasky

Ray Sefo vs Musashi

Alexi Ignashov vs Peter Aerts

Then they've added a match to the card

Carter Williams vs Bjorn Bregy

Originally, the winner of the GP for me was a toss up between Remy and Leko but now that Leko is out, I think there's a good chance of Remy doing it. Ignashov is a great fighter too so we'll have to see.

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,
Fyre

Any predictions for this weekends K-1 guys?
I'm still going with Remy to win it.
Here's my pics for the rest of the card:

Botha over Abidi(even though I don't like Botha...lol)
Bonjasky
Sefo
Ignashov(I wouldn't mind seeing Ignashov win the whole thing either)

I like Carter Williams a lot so I'm going to take Wiliams over Bregy. :)

lol...am I the only one that will be watching K-1 tonight?
Let's hope it's better than the last one!
Nonetheless, tonight's the night!

For those of you that didnt'get to watch the ppv, here's how it turned out. Definitely some surprises that's for sure.
Carter Williams beats Bjorn Bregy(this was a reserve match)
I have to say how impressed I am with Carter williams. He is like 250lbs but is so damn quick, his punches as well as his kicks. It's impressive to me, to see a guy that size, carry his weight so well and have it not affect his endurance in the ring.
Abidi over Botha(i was sooooo happy to see that Abidi won this one. A lot of people were suggesting Botha to win the GP, I think not!)
Remy Bonjasky beats Peter Graham. Ah, ya gotta love watching Remy fight. His flying kicks and flying knees, always fun to watch.
So, Abidi and Bonjasky advance.
Musashi over Sefo
This one was a pleasant surpise for me. Firstly, Sefo looked like shit. He was out of shape. His taunting of Musashi was getting a little annoying after a while. But Musashi stayed focussed and got the win and moved into the semi's.
Aerts wins over Ignashov. I was surprised with this one as well. I really thought that iggy would win this won. Aerts moveds to the semi's to meet Musashi.

Remy beats Abidi in the semi's.
Musashi defeats Aerts in his match up. Another pleasant surprise for me. Musashi went in as a huge underdog and he's managed to make it to the finals.

In the finals we have a very tired Musashi. Tired or not though, he manages to hold on until the very end. He took some hard kicks and punches to the head from Remy but he just seemed to shake them off. This guy showed an immense amount of heart. I think he was just thrilled to be in the finals! In the end, Remy Bonjasky comes out the winner of the GP! (I called that from the start did I not:D )

All in all, great card! Oh, one note, Sapp did come out during intermission and announce that there will be a Tyson/Sapp fight in 2004!
God I hope Tyson knocks his head off!!!

Anyone else catch the ppv?
Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Fyre

Back