Lipoma -- A few questions

lipomas are benign (non cancerous). they can be removed for cosmetic reasons or if the lipomas grows and get in the way of things. imaging the liver can be done with ultrasound, cat scan, or MRI. if you had blood work done with either metabolic or hepatic panel, and liver function tests are normal you should be fine. can anabolics increase the risk or number of lipomas, dunno.

I have never heard the association between lipomas and AAS. This is good to know, I am no dermatologist afterall. Getting your LFT's checked should be adequate, but ab ultrasound is a cheap test that can give you a good idea of the situation. I am interested in knowing how big your lipomas are, I imagine they are fairly small considering that you are not freaking out about them. I have seen some HUGE lipomas during my surgery rotation.

Deoxycholate is a therapy alternative, I personally have not heard of any dermatologists using it though. I suppose if you have a number of smaller lipomas this may be an option, I am not sure how well controlled studies have done and unfortunately I was locked out of my OVID/Pubmed accounts today

Perfection Awaits said:
most of mine are about the size of an M&M, 2 of them are like quarters. Cant really show pics of lipomas without a digicam, which i dotn have. They occur under the epidermis i believe

Ok that's much smaller than I was imaginig.

Perfection Awaits said:
most of mine are about the size of an M&M, 2 of them are like quarters. Cant really show pics of lipomas without a digicam, which i dotn have. They occur under the epidermis i believe
I figured that was the case with you. I am sure you do not like them, and most people that have lipomas have small ones like yours. It really comes down to what you want to do about removing them. It is a very simple surgery, but with them being so small I am pretty sure you are not a candidate.

Back