Long term therapy and Estrogen

Lenny1959

I began TRT over 7 years ago as part of treatment for cluster headaches. I am currently using 2 pumps per day of Androgel 1.62%. I don't have any obvious symptoms of low-t.

In trying to get my headaches under control, I have read a few case reports of men using Clomid to prevent the headaches, as there are estrogen receptors on the hypothalamus, and this is the alleged headache control/origin.

This lead me to have my estrogen level checked, and it was 117 - I think it's ng/ml -

So what's next, this seems to be high. My instincts and research tell me to get a total T, free T, LH, FSH at my medication trough, rule out secondary vs primary.

My last total reading was 38, after going without gel for 4 days. Never had a free.

If my total is 600+, and free at a nice 2%, then go with something like Clomid, to block estrogenic action.

If my total is below 600, or if free is problematic, try something like Aromasin to block conversion, lower total estrogen to the 20-40 range, and raise T.

Please feel free to poke holes in my plan. I can't find a local doc that specializes in TRT, and this is the sum total of my 2 days of research. Funny that the best knowledge came from anabolic sites.

Thanks in advance.

Lenny

Hey Lenny, welcome to this board.

If you are in the United States I would recommend getting a Sensitive Estradiol test that uses liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. The normal Estradiol test is an immunoassy. It is too unreliable.

Back