Looking for advice for first "REAL" cycle

Back into it

I am planning on starting what I will consider to be my first cycle. I have experimented prior with Superdrol at 20mg/day which I ran for 4 weeks. After doing this I used Ostarine. This was all before I found this site and you have properly chastised me for this already as I had no clue what I was doing and it is what led me to being on TRT. I am 56 with 16%bf. 5'8 @ 208#. I have been training steadily for 2 years after getting back into the game after a good layoff. I competed BB back in the late 80's and 90's and that was natural. My goal is to get back onstage by 60. I am on TRT (100mg/week TEST-C). My test level sits about 580 with the TRT.

MY current Plan
Weeks 1 and 2
Test C 400mg/wk

Weeks 3 thru 8
Test C 400mg/wk
Winny 40mg/day
Var 40mg/day

Weeks 9/10
Test C 400mg/wk

Basically I want to add LEAN Muscle/strength. Being a newbie at this wanted to throw this out there and see what y'all think. Thanks.

This is a 10 week cycle with test c? why? test c cycle should be a minimum of 12 weeks, do you know anything about esther half lives?
why winny? no need for that. why var? no need for that. this is your first cycle buddy no need for extra shit thats just gonna mess up your blood labs more and confuse the heck out of you when your trying to dial into your ai and the sides are driving your crazy and
where is your Ai? where is you hcg? how about pct plan?
You already fucked up your test levels and are on TRT for life now becuase you did a stupid cycle to begin with, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN.
I think you need to reread the beginers cycle sticky thread mentioned last time when you posted as it seems you have not learned a thing.

This is a 10 week cycle with test c? why? test c cycle should be a minimum of 12 weeks, do you know anything about esther half lives?
why winny? no need for that. why var? no need for that. this is your first cycle buddy no need for extra shit thats just gonna mess up your blood labs more and confuse the heck out of you when your trying to dial into your ai and the sides are driving your crazy and
You already fucked up your test levels and are on TRT for life now becuase you did a stupid cycle to begin with, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN.
I think you need to reread the beginers cycle sticky thread mentioned last time when you posted as it seems you have not learned a thing.

Holy crap OP, you just got probably the best advice that could be spoken to you. ALL of ^^^ the above. Casanovaaa is one of our very knowledgeable members , you might already know. He covered everything I would have said in less words :laugh3:

Please go back to all the sticky posts back where you came in to post.
Good Luck

OMM

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for the smack down. The quote below is from "Beginners guide too cycling"
"Keep it simple, don't try and get all your goals out of one cycle. Start simple, use test first, I prefer test with one ester, enanthate or cypionate, I'm not a multi ester gear fan, but that's me. Start at 400-500mg a week for 10 weeks, make sure you have everything you need before starting the cycle.
So from that I can assume Johnny means use JUST ONE COMPOUND being Test (10 weeks)

Then there is the post by 3J's that pretty much states 10 - 12 weeks first cycle. I think I am hitting that.
Okay so I can drop the other 2 compounds until a later date and see how I respond to Test at the 400 mg level. So I can see how my body reacts to a second compound....I just figured since I have already been on the Test adding another would be okay but I can see that ....okay I am upping it 400% so ....yeah I should see how i react.

As for the PCT, am I missing something? Isn't that to restart my own Test Production? I am on TRT and I am NOT restarting my own Test production. Not having kids anymore either as after the first the probability of a second was cut and clamped shut.

I do plan on OCS for liver protection. AI is another story. That I didn't plan in fact totally forgot about mentioning. I was not planning on starting for awhile (January) so I am still gathering my goods but now I can add that in too. Aromasin.

So I am thinking now I will just run with the 400mg testC for 10 weeks (maybe I will go 12) and I will add aromasin at 25mg/day. Is that more in line?

Let the beatings continue.
So thank you for hammering me.

No worries at all bro, best to get it all straight now then later when all hell is breaking lose and your wife is about to leave you because you cant get mr. winky up and pleasing, and your crying all day and night from watching Ophra reruns due to your high E2 levels, and you have to shave your head since your hair is falling off, and your back is loaded with spewing acnes mount everests, well..... I think you get the point.
youll thank yourself down the road.
by the way are you on doc prescribed or self meditation your trt?

Doc Prescribed 100mg/wk. But it doesnt compare to what I remember as the real thing. Looking forward to jacking it up to 400/wk. And honestly after reading the sticky that 3J threw up there regarding 300 vs 600mg test/week I think that will really be a wake up for me and do alot morwe for me than what I think it will. I will post what happens. I have great genetics as it is and popping my T that high might really be better than i thought with only T. Then I can decide on where I am going for a Spring / Summer display. Thanks.

Wow. Thanks for the smack down. The quote below is from "Beginners guide too cycling"
"Keep it simple, don't try and get all your goals out of one cycle. Start simple, use test first, I prefer test with one ester, enanthate or cypionate, I'm not a multi ester gear fan, but that's me. Start at 400-500mg a week for 10 weeks, make sure you have everything you need before starting the cycle.
So from that I can assume Johnny means use JUST ONE COMPOUND being Test (10 weeks)

Then there is the post by 3J's that pretty much states 10 - 12 weeks first cycle. I think I am hitting that.
Okay so I can drop the other 2 compounds until a later date and see how I respond to Test at the 400 mg level. So I can see how my body reacts to a second compound....I just figured since I have already been on the Test adding another would be okay but I can see that ....okay I am upping it 400% so ....yeah I should see how i react.

As for the PCT, am I missing something? Isn't that to restart my own Test Production? I am on TRT and I am NOT restarting my own Test production. Not having kids anymore either as after the first the probability of a second was cut and clamped shut.

I do plan on OCS for liver protection. AI is another story. That I didn't plan in fact totally forgot about mentioning. I was not planning on starting for awhile (January) so I am still gathering my goods but now I can add that in too. Aromasin.

So I am thinking now I will just run with the 400mg testC for 10 weeks (maybe I will go 12) and I will add aromasin at 25mg/day. Is that more in line?

Let the beatings continue.
So thank you for hammering me.

Go 12 weeks if you want to gain much. It does make a difference IMHOP. For me I've never done a cycle less then 12 weeks. I do not believe in short cycle. !0 weeks is short to m. There is so much to synthesize, ... to build LMM. And as you get more experience you should get to know, be aware of what's going on with your body and I don't mean what and how the weight scale tells you overall and some or a lot is water and other poisons so to speak within your muscle... Lactic acid for one.

Looking at LMM is a different, then to look at your shape and not weight at the assessment of your gains.

Good Luck ,
OMM

Last edited:
You already fucked up your test levels and are on TRT for life now becuase you did a stupid cycle to begin with

If hes on trt why does he need hcg ?

hcg makes me feel like dog shit

why does he need a pct plan when hes already on trt ?

Op is 58 years old already on trt why you bringing up "already fucked up your test levels" is that even relivent ?

personally dont see a huge problem with a little anavar in the mix either

like between weeks 4 - 8 on a 12 weeks cycle

hes wanting to dabble in a little more than just test test test

ai at 400mgs personally dont need it but have it on hand

seems like you are riding the horse higher than someone ought to

rather than just explaining your opinion

Ziegler thanks for the back up and what you say is they way I was thinking, however the advice handed to me by casa and OMM is worthy of my attention. I really have zero experience with this other than the fact that I messed around with Superdrol. Not knowing what the hell I was doing it probably led to me finding out I had Low T is about when I joined this forum. Both Casanova and OMM offered me good advice then and I just kind of veered away from that with this cycle.....but with the facts you mention I thought I was on track, That said I saw nothing wrong with upping my TRT dose to 400 and adding the other compounds....but experience these guys have and are offering is probably invaluable. I am not rushing to the top (Nor do I expect to reach the top....just want to keep gaining). Anyway doing the 12 week cycle of just test will let me know what to expect from just the higher dosage of test. Then after a 10-12 week layoff (maybe less) I can add another compound which would be just about the right timing for summer. Actually works out good.

If hes on trt why does he need hcg ?

hcg makes me feel like dog shit

why does he need a pct plan when hes already on trt ?

Op is 58 years old already on trt why you bringing up "already fucked up your test levels" is that even relivent ?

personally dont see a huge problem with a little anavar in the mix either

like between weeks 4 - 8 on a 12 weeks cycle

hes wanting to dabble in a little more than just test test test

ai at 400mgs personally dont need it but have it on hand

seems like you are riding the horse higher than someone ought to

rather than just explaining your opinion

so why dont you tell him what to do then and get off my dick then Ziegler? *******

Last edited by a moderator:
forget doing "cycles". if your diet and training are proper, you will be amazed at what 400-500mg of just testosterone can do.

so why dont you tell him what to do then and get off my dick then Ziegler? *****

Im not going to tell him what to do but i can share what works well for me in a polite fashion

Op

1-12 testosterone cypionate 400mgs
4-8 anavar 20mg am 20mg pm

Arimidex on deck for just in case

bloodwork is going to be a best bet

if you dont get bloodwork & sides start to arise (itchy tits sock dents bacne type of things) 1/2 mg arimidex twice a week will help

not reccomending anyone cycle without blood work but some do

and this is what works well for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not going to tell him what to do but i can share what works well for me in a polite fashion

Op

if you dont get bloodwork & sides start to arise (itchy tits sock dents bacne type of things) 1/2 mg arimidex twice a week will help

There we go ^^^ .... So I am also trying to keep my demeanor under better control. Guys I've been reprimanded so many times for just having little tact in my life as well as on here a few times. :smash:

OMM

Last edited:
forget doing "cycles". if your diet and training are proper, you will be amazed at what 400-500mg of just testosterone can do.

Thanks for the suggestion and based on how I respond to just the Test maybe that will be plenty for me, or first couple of cycles per se. Something I would not have figured out if I would have ran with my original intent. I really look forward to see how I do respond to it.

Op

Thanks for this Ziegler. After I complete the 12 weeks this would definitely be a way for me to go if I want to add another compound. Once again only one additional compound to see how things shake out. Thanks.

hey slow your roll brotherman, this aint like you. main man is just trying to help. if you want to pick on someone pick one me. :smashcomp:splat::kiss::kiss2:

yeah your right my bad, sorry Ziegler man, i get a little excited and out of whack sometimes when im cycling and act like an ass and say things before thinking. my apoligies again main man.
Now i have to go and get labs done to check my levels as my wife is pissed off at me too for some stupid sh**t.
Now back to our regularly sheduled post. :xmas:
I guess tren even at low doses dont agree with me.

Last edited:
So, we are splitting hairs and getting into personal opinions here OP. Here's mine

Since you are already on TRT why fuck around with a 10 week cycle? I'd personally go 14, 16, whatever. Don't cut it short if you don't have the issue of going back to natural and PCT.

For HCG personally i'd recommend it. It suits my body well, and I flat out don't like the idea of letting my balls die.

For AI I definitely need it, even at as little as 200 mg/wk test. I personally would do 500 mg/wk Test E and use at least 0.5mg EOD adex - as a recommended starting level. I know for me personally I need more than that (which could also be due to 1,000 IU/wk HCG), but only way to know for sure is blood testing.

And can you elaborate on chances of having another kid "clampled shut"? Does that mean she cut you off sex? If so you'd better fix that shit. Being on high dose test and not having an outlet is no bueno.

So, we are splitting hairs and getting into personal opinions here OP. Here's mine

Since you are already on TRT why fuck around with a 10 week cycle? I'd personally go 14, 16, whatever. Don't cut it short if you don't have the issue of going back to natural and PCT.

For HCG personally i'd recommend it. It suits my body well, and I flat out don't like the idea of letting my balls die.

For AI I definitely need it, even at as little as 200 mg/wk test. I personally would do 500 mg/wk Test E and use at least 0.5mg EOD adex - as a recommended starting level. I know for me personally I need more than that (which could also be due to 1,000 IU/wk HCG), but only way to know for sure is blood testing.

And can you elaborate on chances of having another kid "clampled shut"? Does that mean she cut you off sex? If so you'd better fix that shit. Being on high dose test and not having an outlet is no bueno.

After getting the advice that I have here, I had already been thinking of going for quite a bit longer than the original planned 10 weeks. But I will let my body tell me how long to go based on how I am responding and how I feel etc. Plus I will give updates once I start and I am sure I will get advice etc. So the 10 weeks is gone/ 12 minimum and probably more. As for kids not happening.....I was 40 when my wife had our first....which by the way was her second. She told me she didnt want anymore and honestly I do not want to be a grandfather to my own kids. 1 was plenty and he is graduating HS this year. So after he was born I made the decision to have the vaesectomy. Thats how the who;e kid thing is clamped. I do not regret the choice.......MY WIFE does but I dont. We have been married almost 19 years.

As for the HCG....I get what you are saying but I have been on the TRT for a year now without that. Would HCG help at this point anyway?

Back