Looking for advice for first "REAL" cycle

Im not going to tell him what to do but i can share what works well for me in a polite fashion

Op

1-12 testosterone cypionate 400mgs
4-8 anavar 20mg am 20mg pm

Arimidex on deck for just in case

bloodwork is going to be a best bet

if you dont get bloodwork & sides start to arise (itchy tits sock dents bacne type of things) 1/2 mg arimidex twice a week will help

not reccomending anyone cycle without blood work but some do

and this is what works well for me

Since everyone is givng their 2 cents.
We should all recommend him to focus on diet before more compounds.

With that said if you gonna do it, do it right. run 500mg, and 40mg var? Double it.
Even at 400mg its 99% chance he'll need an AI and i'd recommend asin and not adex.

I still think test and all in focus on diet will be enough.

Thanks for pointing to this info. I have read it and read it again. Maybe I am missing the point or maybe I am just not fully understanding what it is saying. My intent is that when I finish this Test only cycle (I think I will go 500mg) I will drop back to my normal TRT level (100mg/week). No intent on kids, etc. With that said if you are thinking something else please let me know. I am hoping to start by end of January, have an injury that is holding me back right now and my doc is starting to play games. To me it looks like that the HCG would be what I would want to take if I was going to stop the TRT, in which case I would also want to use the clomid and Nolva. Unless of course I would just keep taking HCG while I do my TRT.

Then again I am unsure where I will be with TRT in 6 months as my doc threw me a curve ball at my last Physical, testing my doc took a look at me and decided that he needed to test my T level the day after I injected. Test showed my T at 980 (tested on Friday morning and I pinned on Thursday AM). I told him we should wait til Monday morning but now he wants another blood draw in mid january as he says I am too high and thinks he should drop me to 50mg/week. Gonna see where this goes but if he does something like that then I will just try a restart when the cycle is done. But I think my test level will be somewhere around 550-600 when he retests next month. We will see so at present everything is up in the air. What I am sure of is that I will run 500mg/week and Aromasin. That is my intent at this point.

Since everyone is givng their 2 cents.
We should all recommend him to focus on diet before more compounds.

With that said if you gonna do it, do it right. run 500mg, and 40mg var? Double it.
Even at 400mg its 99% chance he'll need an AI and i'd recommend asin and not adex.

I still think test and all in focus on diet will be enough.

Awesome. Thanks for this. Several things. Originally I was planning on the 400mg but after reading up and getting more edumacated I have decided to go with 500mg/week and I will run Aromasin vice the adex. I appreciate the mention of diet and after getting into the nutrition info dropped in stickys by 3J and others I will be focused on the nutrition more than before. I am going to follow 3J's info on bulking and come in about 300 cal above my TDEE for the first 2 weeks and see what that is doing then adjust up down as needed. I have been trying to really clean up my diet and already have been adjusting my intake upward. The weight is already going on at about 1lb/week. Something that surprises me because at the level I am eating fitness pal says I should be maintaining/slightly losing weight. Also went from a 3 on 1 off split 8 weeks ago the the Reverse pyramid that 3J has in a sticky. Seems a bit less to me compared to my 3 on 1 off schedule BUT strength keeps going up. Maybe its the fact that I am only hitting each part once per week, who knows. But once i start dropping the 500mg Test per week I will go back to a 3 on 1 off. Anyway I expect great things from the Test only cycle. Next cycle after this I will consider either the Var or winny as an add on hopefully through summer.

s hoping to have started this cycle by now and maybe give some idea of how it was working for me but looks like I will have to hold off for awhile. Not sure what happened. Started noticing strength loss on the right side of my body involving pressing moves (Bench and Military/overhead) as well as BB/DB curls, Right bicep does not want to contract. No pain just that the muscles seem tired and don't want to work. MRI showed an issue with C5/6 and C7/T1. Doctors first answer to me was that he wanted me to see a nuerosurgeon. REALLY? How about PT first, possibly with traction. Hoping physical therapy helps and I intend to do what I can in the gym as its not getting worse. I have actually noticed this back in December kept going. Legs and Back I can hammer depending on alignment when doing back. Just don't want everything I have worked for to go away. But to start a cycle now would be a waste.

Okay. I have finally started this cycle. After getting all the advice and getting through a medical issue the time has come to get started. I am doing 500mg Test C along with 6.25mg asin. Planning on 16 weeks as so many advised to stay away from a short cycle. Not getting into discussions on hcg, PCT, etc as that has all been discussed before. I have had a new experience I need to ask about.

As you know if you read any of this thread I am on TRT and have been pinning 100mg/week for over a year. I alternate between my quads. I have never had an issue. This morning was the first time I pinned higher than the 100mg. It was my first with 250mg, however it was still contained within 1ML of fluid. It is the same ether. It is the first time have experience Post Injection Pain. I injected and did my workout (today was legs...). I didnt notice anything until after i got out of the shower, just some tightness in my quad. It is now about 9 hours later and flexing at the knee causing the quad to extend reminds me quickly where I injected this morning. Not a sharp pain, just really sore. The site is not red, but maybe a very SLIGHT bit swollen....might be my imagination too so lets say NOT swollen.

Anyway my question is SHOULD I EXPECT THIS EVERYTIME I PIN WITH the 250mg ? its just that I did it right before hitting legs but I am pretty sure I have done that before. I am not crazy worried but have zero experience with this. I dont think I did anything wrong but I am concerned that if this happens everytime is not right. Thanks for listening.

PIP comes 1/10 times for me, regardless really.
Sometimes i'm in a rush and I'm not steady, let the syringe go while its still in and so on.
Others I come to close to a nerve and it swells up.
Sometimes it just comes from nowhere, its just part of the game.

You wont get it all the time for sure and long as its not red or hot to the touch, you all good.
Dont massage on it, dont use foam roller and try to avoid training legs for 2-3 days while having pip, as all 3 of them will make it worse.

Thanks for the response it puts my mind at ease a little. I was expecting to be in hellish pain when I woke up this morning but it actually felt 90% better. Unfortunately as the day has gone on it has gotten pretty sore again. It is a little warmer than the area around it but not red.

My main concern is that I pin again Sunday night (other leg) and if it happens again then maybe something up with the compound mix???? It would definitely stop me from continuing as next leg day is Monday (3 on 1 off).

Even though the oil is measured in the same milliliter, the concentration is not.
I'm confident its just virgin muscle pip so to speak, even though you've been on trt for a while.

Even though the oil is measured in the same milliliter, the concentration is not.
I'm confident its just virgin muscle pip so to speak, even though you've been on trt for a while.

Great. So I pin again on Sunday. Should be another 250 (Thurs am 250/ Sun PM 250). This will be in my other leg. Should I maybe only inject half of that????? And then build up to the full dose over the next week or 2???? I did see the article by Milton on PIP and it was mentioned to build up to larger dose but I took that as meaning amount of fluid injected (IE, going up to 2ml from 1ml). This would explain alot and would definitely make feel better. Yesterday was the FIRST time I used something other than from a pharmacy and it was the first time the PIP occurred. But also first time with dose that large.

Still very sore so May forego leg day on MONDAY........ what a great excuse. Naw I will hit it if pain gone.

What helps the most to avoid pip is warming the vial under hot tap water for about 45-60 seconds, you should visibly see the viscosity change. Goal is 38c or body temp.
Me personally, I dont do quad quad, or glute glute etc because it sucks when you get pip twice in a row (which happens).
Much easier to have pip in say, left ventrogluteal and right quad. I've had pip in both ventrogluteal and i could barely walk for days lol....

I can't explain why, because I dont know, i just know everyone gets its randomly from time to time.
Could be oversaturating from the previous injection, scar tissue from poor injection methods, etc etc.

The worst i've ever done was using foam roller on my quad day after injection...that was...not fun...for days...

Last edited:
I use a hair dryer to warm my gear.

Listen I DO NOT do my Quads. I've been around the block a while and I have never liked it and stay away from them.
It always hits nerves, blood vessels, and sometimes PIP. However it hurts e like a bitch and i have tried many different places on my quad. I almost always bleed and bleed a lot.

So as I said and santa mentioned I stay away and there are so many other sites.

OMM

Awesome. Thanks for this. Several things. Originally I was planning on the 400mg but after reading up and getting more edumacated I have decided to go with 500mg/week and I will run Aromasin vice the adex. I appreciate the mention of diet and after getting into the nutrition info dropped in stickys by 3J and others I will be focused on the nutrition more than before. I am going to follow 3J's info on bulking and come in about 300 cal above my TDEE for the first 2 weeks and see what that is doing then adjust up down as needed. I have been trying to really clean up my diet and already have been adjusting my intake upward. The weight is already going on at about 1lb/week. Something that surprises me because at the level I am eating fitness pal says I should be maintaining/slightly losing weight. Also went from a 3 on 1 off split 8 weeks ago the the Reverse pyramid that 3J has in a sticky. Seems a bit less to me compared to my 3 on 1 off schedule BUT strength keeps going up. Maybe its the fact that I am only hitting each part once per week, who knows. But once i start dropping the 500mg Test per week I will go back to a 3 on 1 off. Anyway I expect great things from the Test only cycle. Next cycle after this I will consider either the Var or winny as an add on hopefully through summer.
are you experiencing any sides as of now? are you sleeping well? if i had to choose between var or winny, id take winny.

Back