Lots of good non-UFC mma this weekend.

ManOfMuscle

Death Dealer
Elite XC: Noonx vs Edwards:

Interesting looking heavyweight named Dave Herman blows Ron Waterman out 2 minutes into the first round. Herman must be at least 6'6.

Ninja Rua masterfully destroys Tony Bonello from side control, also in the first round.

Nick Diaz pounds out Mushin Corbrey in the third round in what turns out to be a classic Diaz victory. Mushin tried to run but he couldn't hide from 1,000 weak punches.

KJ Noons drops Yves Edwards with one shot then pounds him out in one of the most furious displays of ground and pound I've seen. I was pooling for Edwards in this one.

On to Dream 4:

Shinya Aoki pulls a fucking Gogoplata from mount on Nagata! He is quickly becoming my favorite lightweight.

Alistair Overeem ko's Tae Hyun Lee, another Korean supergiant, 36 seconds into the fight. This is the kind of dominant performance he needs to get his career moving again.

Ralek Gracie, the newest of the next generation Gracie fighters arm bars his opponent shortly after the first round begins.

Middleweight up and comer Gerard Mousasi takes a decision win over Dong Sik Yoon.

In what I consider to be the most important bout of the card Jacare Souza takes Mayhem Miller in a unanimous decision. Big step up in competition for Jacare, this was an important test for him.

Finally Melvin Manhoef nearly kills an aged Kazushi Sakuraba. I hope Sakuraba never retires.

Nearly all the fights can be viewed here.

Ultimate MMA Video Blog

Looks like Kawajiri will be fighitng Eddie Alvarez, and Caol Uno is matched up against Aoki in the semifinals of the lightweight grand prix. Talk about superfights.

34928.jpg

Elite XC: Noonx vs Edwards:

Nick Diaz pounds out Mushin Corbrey in the third round in what turns out to be a classic Diaz victory. Mushin tried to run but he couldn't hide from 1,000 weak punches.

Ultimate MMA Video Blog

MUHAHAHAHAHA. Nick Diaz sure can throw that fucking jab. He's strung together a lot of wins recently. BTW, I absolutely hate that fucking wigger ass fake Gangster... " Lodi, in the building dawg." The UFC won't even let him corner his brother. Him and his brother aren't half bad though. I just wish they would crash thier 69 impala into Fergie's tour bus or something.

Back