UFC48 Results

bigdaddy22

WOW! I just got done watching UFC 48 and I was pretty impressed! There were some good fights, as well as big upsets.
Fight 1 - Heavyweight Bout
Ken Shamrock (25-8-2) vs. Kimo (10-3-1)
this was the main event and was probably the one fight I was not super excited about, but it did end with a beautiful knee to the face of Kimo. I was really surprised because i planned on seeing a long and boring fight but it ended quickly.

Fight 2 - Heavyweight Title Bout
Tim Sylvia (18-0) vs. Frank Mir (7-1)
Idont even know what to say about this fight!! I never would had thought that Mir could win this fight, but more impressive then him winning by armbar/ref stoppage was that he busted Sylvias arm! Even more amazing than that wa that Sylvia wanted to continue and did not tap!
Fight 3 - Middleweight Bout
Phil Baroni (6-3-0) vs. Evan Tanner (30-4-0)
Baroni did not look like himself in this fight. I am not a fan of his by ant means, but I expected him to be a lot better. tanner basically pwned him the entire fight with the exception of a few flurries , tanner by decision.

Fight 5 - Welterweight Bout
Matt Hughes (36-4) vs. Renato Verissimo (6-0-0)
This was a very technical fight and Hughes played it safe which was the smart thing. great fight for true mma fans to watch as renato attempted multiple subs but was unable to finish hughes. Hughes by decision. renato will be a fighter to watch in upcoming events

Fight 6 - Welterweight Bout
Georges St. Pierre (6-0) vs. Jay Hieron (4-0)
St Pierere by brutal KO. He lit this poor guy up multiple times, and the guy continued to get back up, finally he finished him off with a flurry.

Fight 7 - Welterweight Bout
Dennis Hallman (51-8-2) vs. Frank Trigg (9-2)
I expected Hallman to win by decision or sub, but Trigg caught him with some good strikes whilke hallman was on his back, Trigg by ref stoppage/tko

Very cool bigdaddy! Thanks so much for posting those. I unfortunately didn't get to watch it last night but I'm looking forward to seeing the replay.
I wish that Kimo would have won the fight against Shamrock though.
Very cool seeing Mir beat Sylvia! He busted Sylvia's arm?????
So, what's up next, Mir vs Arlovski? I still want to see Arlovdki vs Sylvia though.
I had picked Tanner, Hughes, St. Pierre and Trigg to win their fights but I really thought that Kimo was going to beat Shamrock.
Can't wait to see the replay!!
Once again bigdaddy, thanks for posting those results. You rock!!! :D

Thanks for the info bigdaddy. I was right about Sylvia. I said he couldn't beat shit now that he is off of steroids(only because they test him so often now that he's been caught twice). Without steroids, this man cannot and will not succeed in UFC or any other MMA event.

I disagree with youc ompletely. The big thing about mma is technique. No amount of steroids can make you a great fighter. I do think that his loss to Mir will quiet many people that thought that he was some amazing fighter that could beat everyone though. I think he got exposed for his lack of ground work, I am sure he trains on the ground but has never really been tested in a fight on the ground. I think he will still be asuccesful fighter, he just did not fight his fight which seems to be a mistake many fighters have been making lately

Back