Low Test Levels but trouble getting treatment.

daubers

Greetings Gentleman! I am new to joining the site but have used the knowledge from it for years (thanks for that!). I am in a new situation here and I really don't know where to turn or what to do, but it has gotten to the point it is affecting my daily life, my marriage and my family.

A little background: I am 31 years old. I have been consistently lifting and following a healthy lifestyle since I was 13 years old. I am 5'10", 195 lbs and moderately low body fat ( TBH I have not used the calipers in some time but my abs are visible and I have a 30" waist. I am not new to dealing with endocrinology as I studied kinesiology in college and worked in the prohormone industry. Back in the day I did several PH cycles ( ALL with proper pct and bloodwork). I also did one mild AAS cycle (Test/winstrol). I have not done any cycles in about 5 years (since starting a family).

I started having stereotypical low test symptoms about 18 months ago, but it was told it was likely post concussion symptoms I was still experiencing from a bad car wreck. My workouts continued to suffer, muscle mass and strength going down and body fat rising even though variables in my workouts and diet had not changed. I have been tired and unmotivated no matter how much sleep or stimulants I take, loss of Libido (although erections still present, just less often) and anxiety/depression kept creeping up.

I finlly couldn't take it anymore and went to a different Dr. I was put on Celexa for the anxiety and a panel of blood tests ran. Everything came back "normal range" asside from my test which was 227. They did another round of blood work and it had raised to 305. My PCP sent me to an Endocrinologist for treatment. The endocrinologist was ... well an ignorant asshole. He immediately judged me as drug seeking based off my physical build. He accused me right away of abusing steroids and then told me that I could even be buying them at GNC and not know (clearly very educated man). He said that my test results of 227-305 range were totally normal for a 31 year old and would not do any treatment or testing. The entire "examination" lasted 5 minutes. Now my PCP is going off of the "experts" opinion, case closed.

I really don't know what to do here guys. I do not WANT to go on TRT, and that is certainly not a goal of mine in this. I don't want an enhanced test level ( granted I would like to do some cycles again some day), I just want to get normal levels back to keep healthy and enjoy my life.

Thank you so much to anyone who has read this far and can offer me any advice and/or direction. If I have left any details out please do not hesitate to ask.

All the best, Dan

Try a re-start with Clomaphine, Tamoxifen and HCG. Re-test and do bloods after the restart, then re-assess. TRT is for life, and I think you realize this. You have the right idea. Live a healthy, well balanced lifestyle.

Keep looking for another doctor. Simple as that.

Unfortunately it is not quite that simple. While I am trying, my part of the state is all governed by one "health system" (monopoly style) and they all have it funneled to this one single endocrinologist office that they own. I am willing to travel to another, there are none thus far that accept my insurance.

Try a re-start with Clomaphine, Tamoxifen and HCG. Re-test and do bloods after the restart, then re-assess. TRT is for life, and I think you realize this. You have the right idea. Live a healthy, well balanced lifestyle.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into a restart, and more importantly hope to find a source.

Unfortunately it is not quite that simple. While I am trying, my part of the state is all governed by one "health system" (monopoly style) and they all have it funneled to this one single endocrinologist office that they own. I am willing to travel to another, there are none thus far that accept my insurance.

how hard is it to get to other countries?

Last edited:
If your insurance only works with that shitty Dr you'll have to pay out of pocket then.

TRT is not exactly awesome, but it sure as hell beats low test. and 300 is low....
Endo is an ignorant asshole

Give us a shout that is low!

I will definitely check out your service! This is all new to me and something I never expected to deal with so while I do have AAS knowledge, I am still learning all my options ( and grateful to hear them). Thanks!

i meant to ask how far is it to another state then? you made it sound like your living in a 3rd world or 2nd world country when you said..."my part of the state is all governed by one "health system" (monopoly style) and they all have it funneled to this one single endocrinologist office that they own. "... sounds like you were living in Russia.

Last edited:
If your insurance only works with that shitty Dr you'll have to pay out of pocket then.

TRT is not exactly awesome, but it sure as hell beats low test. and 300 is low....
Endo is an ignorant asshole

NOT to get political at all but I am hoping that there may be some healthcare reform that will let me go back to chosing my doctors, unfortunately that will likely take some time. I honestly do not want to go on TRT, I just want to go back to what things used to be. I have been happy for quite some time with my results being all natural but I am certainly not happy with my current results and situation. I don't expect a "fix all", as I still love my life and am blessed for sure, but I missing feeling like "me".

i meant to ask how far is it to another state then? you made it sound like your living in a 3rd world or 2nd world country when you said..."my part of the state is all governed by one "health system" (monopoly style) and they all have it funneled to this one single endocrinologist office that they own. "... sounds like you were living in Russia.

Oh haha I apologize, no not at all. To clarify, everything withing a few hours of me is all the same network so getting a 2nd opinion outside of it that actually takes my insurance has proven surprisingly difficult. I have already spoken to my insurance and they are far from helpful. I just get treated like I am some addict trying to score some opiates.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT to get political at all but I am hoping that there may be some healthcare reform that will let me go back to chosing my doctors, unfortunately that will likely take some time. I honestly do not want to go on TRT, I just want to go back to what things used to be. I have been happy for quite some time with my results being all natural but I am certainly not happy with my current results and situation. I don't expect a "fix all", as I still love my life and am blessed for sure, but I missing feeling like "me".

Just heard this morning on the news that the Trump administration is going to continue to push Obamacare. for what its worth.

Just heard this morning on the news that the Trump administration is going to continue to push Obamacare. for what its worth.

sigh. Not that I put much faith into the government these days. Guess I will continue to look for alternate treatment. I have even started looking at getting a new job that would have different insurance options available.

I have what is probably considered the best insurance available in the USA. Having said that, about 80% of my treatment is covered through my insurance. I still have to pay out-of-pocket for some things. The question is how do you want your quality of life to be. You can find a doc that will treat you or I am sure IMT can help you out. (Paying out of pocket might be what you have to do to get the ball rolling). I paid out-of-pocket for over a year before I convinced my primary care physician to prescribe everything.

I would still try a restart see how that works for you. If not I would get on TRT and take it from there if you are hypogonadal.

I don't want to break any rules or anything regarding sourcing, but generally speaking are "research chems" my best route for getting the meds I need for a restart?

I don't want to break any rules or anything regarding sourcing, but generally speaking are "research chems" my best route for getting the meds I need for a restart?

possibly. They have been tried and proven.

Last edited:
Back