Mid Cycle Update (First Cycle)

DeeCee

Hey guys so I'm on my 4th week now. PIP has resolved, I've been pinning my glutes with 1" and shoulders with 5/8", warming the oil and the site first, no more massaging. Steering clear of the quads after the pain of that one for now though. Anhyone have a good link to locating the ventroglute, which apparently is the best spot going. I think its upper hip kind of, which seems sketchy. Also constantly nervous about hitting my sciatic which a buddy told me a horror story about so really any advice on locating target sites would be helpful.

I put on roughly 8lbs coming into the cycle by ramping up my diet and training a few months prior (after some time off to heal my shoulders) and I'm a couple pounds up since starting the cycle. Definitely feeling the increased sex drive (gf is ecstatic I can finally keep up with her) and strength and aggression in the gym creeping in. Unfortunately I managed to aggravate soft tissue damage I've struggled with on and off over the years in my bicep-pec tie in point in my shoulder. So I need to lay off the arms, shoulders, pecs for a week or so which is a total bummer. Good news is back and legs are feeling big, deadlifts, squats and chins are out of control basically every other day.

Taking .5 armidex twice a week on pin days, no issues so far.

My HCG is running later than expected, looking for feedback on bringing it in. (yes I know, I know dont run a cycle without everything in hand first, I got too ansty waiting and pulled the trigger) I'll have 5000iu, so I can run 500iu/wk for 10weeks. I forget do you run HCG in the 14 days after last pin and prior to PCT or stop it with your last pin?

Hey guys so I'm on my 4th week now. PIP has resolved, I've been pinning my glutes with 1" and shoulders with 5/8", warming the oil and the site first, no more massaging. Steering clear of the quads after the pain of that one for now though. Anhyone have a good link to locating the ventroglute, which apparently is the best spot going. I think its upper hip kind of, which seems sketchy. Also constantly nervous about hitting my sciatic which a buddy told me a horror story about so really any advice on locating target sites would be helpful.

I put on roughly 8lbs coming into the cycle by ramping up my diet and training a few months prior (after some time off to heal my shoulders) and I'm a couple pounds up since starting the cycle. Definitely feeling the increased sex drive (gf is ecstatic I can finally keep up with her) and strength and aggression in the gym creeping in. Unfortunately I managed to aggravate soft tissue damage I've struggled with on and off over the years in my bicep-pec tie in point in my shoulder. So I need to lay off the arms, shoulders, pecs for a week or so which is a total bummer. Good news is back and legs are feeling big, deadlifts, squats and chins are out of control basically every other day.

My HCG is running later than expected, looking for feedback on bringing it in. (yes I know, I know dont run a cycle without everything in hand first, I got too ansty waiting and pulled the trigger) I'll have 5000iu, so I can run 500iu/wk for 10weeks. I forget do you run HCG in the 14 days after last pin and prior to PCT or stop it with your last pin?

Welcome to the site!
When does your HCG arrive? . heres a great thread on where to pin https://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/142035-best-place-injection.html

It'll be in next week. Thanks for that site reference its pretty good. No mention of this mystical ventralglute though!

Another update (maybe should've started this in the my steroid cycle section, sorry)

Slowly bringing chest exercises back in and getting good pumps but some discomfort when I push it. Hoping to continuously improve week to week.

Had a crazy busy weekend and definitely didn't sleep enough and had quite a bit of stress. I've been feeling a little foggy and having some minor chest pain/tightness so I checked my BP and it is indeed pretty high at 142/87 ish. Again lack of rest, probably shitty hydration and high stress probably attributed to it. Before I up my AI dose past half a mg on pin days I'm going to check it again mid week after some better nutrition and sleep and reduced stress. I don't want to crash estrogen accidentally. I also booked to donate blood tonight which I have read helps. Still a few weeks before my blood work so it'll be trial and error here to dial it in I guess.

Otherwise strength is steadily increasing, weighing in at 178lbs which is the most I've ever weighed and at 15% BF (by drug store electronic measurement device). Looking and feeling bigger for sure, bit of bloat but nothing out of control. Going to need to buy all new shirts very soon!

Pinned right shoulder for the first time sat and he's pretty much screwed today. I think first pin in each muscle is just gonna be shit for me lol. Glutes have been great so far but don't wanna wear out the receptors. Appreciate any feedback guys!

Yes ive seen many run HCG after their last test pin and 14 days until pct. thanks for the update!

never good to start a cycle without all your ducks in a row. your begging for trouble.

Got my HCG formulated my new plan. Yes I know starting without was a little preemptive and I knew that going into it, I followed advice from a few good friends that used and are using the blast method with good results, but learned my lesson for the next ones.

Cycle duration will be 16 weeks, a little long but I have a trip during week 17 I'm in a wedding so I don't want to be travelling with gear or be on nolva/Clomid. So I'm introducing hcg at 250mg twice a week starting this Saturday and continuing it until
Last test pin.

Week 6 to 16 - 500mg test, 500mg hcg
Week 17 I'll be in Mexico taking nothing
Week 18 taking nothing
Week 19 to 22 nolva/Clomid combo

So far so good, test is really starting to kick this week. Shirts and jeans barley fit, up

Got my HCG formulated my new plan. Yes I know starting without was a little preemptive and I knew that going into it, I followed advice from a few good friends that used and are using the blast method with good results, but learned my lesson for the next ones.

Cycle duration will be 16 weeks, a little long but I have a trip during week 17 I'm in a wedding so I don't want to be travelling with gear or be on nolva/Clomid. So I'm introducing hcg at 250mg twice a week starting this Saturday and continuing it until
Last test pin.

Week 6 to 16 - 500mg test, 500mg hcg
Week 17 I'll be in Mexico taking nothing
Week 18 taking nothing
Week 19 to 22 nolva/Clomid combo

So far so good, test is really starting to kick this week. Shirts and jeans barley fit, up
looks well thought out, are you going to drink alcohol during the wedding festivities?

Last edited:
looks well thought out, are you going to drink alcohol during the wedding festivities?

Not a huge drinker, I'll likely enjoy a couple each day and maybe tie a decent one off the wedding night. I'll be hitting the buffet and restaurants daily prolly eat better than ever and be running on the beach and hitting the high end gym there throughout.

Not a huge drinker, I'll likely enjoy a couple each day and maybe tie a decent one off the wedding night. I'll be hitting the buffet and restaurants daily prolly eat better than ever and be running on the beach and hitting the high end gym there throughout.

sounds like youll have a great time, and dont forget to have a few Margaritas wink wink for me. :bikini::bikini::bikini::beertoast:Party::smooch::3some::40oz:

Haha will do man.

BTW update for cycle I got a nasty flu bug that put me out a good week only managed one shit workout and I lost like 4 lbs. Likely bunch of water from dehydration but I also wasn't able to eat at all for 3 days and slowly got appetite back over the following 4 days.

Stuffed my face like never before all last week though and weighing the scale down at 180lbs this week. Squats deads and auxiliary lift strength is steadily increasing. I'm really enjoying progressing the weight literally every week on my Deadlifts and Squats. Gonna need to buy new shirts and pants soon as everything is getting skin tight.

Finding your ventroglute is fairly easily, specially if you've not been slacking on the squats :)

Feel your hipbone, touch it a bit and feel the structure.
You use right hand on right leg and vice versa.
Place your thumb on pointy edge towards your stomach, (end of the hip bone), thumb going parallel to hipbone. Spread out your other fingers, like you were doing a pistol and pointing index finger/hand down your quad.
The triangle shaped area that forms between thumb and index finger, its very fleshy area and you'll feel it instantly.
If you put some weight on the same leg and twist your foot in and out, you should see it pop out.

Its my favorite area by far, can take large volumes, easy to find, easiest spot to inject. Only drawback would be the nerve going through that area (sciatic nerve?) I've injected bit to close to a nerve and it swoll up 3-4 times, couldn't walk for days but just make sure you feel/find the fleshy area, it will feel softer than a ribeye when not flexing.
Also make sure you dont go to low or to high... Try to be very center. 27g is preferably there but 25g works too. at least for me, your mileage may vary :)
Once you find it, you'll go ohhh :)

Last edited:
Haha will do man.

BTW update for cycle I got a nasty flu bug that put me out a good week only managed one shit workout and I lost like 4 lbs. Likely bunch of water from dehydration but I also wasn't able to eat at all for 3 days and slowly got appetite back over the following 4 days.

Stuffed my face like never before all last week though and weighing the scale down at 180lbs this week. Squats deads and auxiliary lift strength is steadily increasing. I'm really enjoying progressing the weight literally every week on my Deadlifts and Squats. Gonna need to buy new shirts and pants soon as everything is getting skin tight.

any chance on getting the flu bug again, a couple of more times and youll be down to 165 and shredded, and fast.
just saying :sadwavey:

but seriously glad you made it through the flu bug, sucks to be in bed for so long, alone.

if it was me id hold on getting new digs, as the skin tight look is what the ladies are after.
if you got it, show it! just dont bend over.

Last edited:
when i used to compete and had to get my weight down i went to the local hospital and hung around. sooner or later i would get the flu bug and be bedridden for a week and lost mad weight.

its not for everyone but it does work.

when i used to compete and had to get my weight down i went to the local hospital and hung around. sooner or later i would get the flu bug and be bedridden for a week and lost mad weight.

its not for everyone but it does work.

Wouldn't it be easier to just eat bad food and get sick that way? Seems more reliable.
Not sure I could get sick by visiting a hospital, haven't even had a cold in soon 10 years lol.

Wouldn't it be easier to just eat bad food and get sick that way? Seems more reliable.
Not sure I could get sick by visiting a hospital, haven't even had a cold in soon 10 years lol.

i even had a friend send me his long distance cold. he sent me a laptop and computer gadgets and wrapped it up in a suitecase when he was sick with the flu and i got the suitcase a week later and got sick a week later with his cold.
lost 7 pounds in 1 week.

i even had a friend send me his long distance cold. he sent me a laptop and computer gadgets and wrapped it up in a suitecase when he was sick with the flu and i got the suitcase a week later and got sick a week later with his cold.
lost 7 pounds in 1 week.

That's actually amazing. Having previously read on life outside the body for viruses in general (don't ask why, i'm weird..), I googled the flu virus and it does say several days on indoor surfaces but with dramatically reduced infection chance, so you would have to had a really really low immune system at that time.
Were you perhaps drinking or doing drugs at the time? That or like, licking the insides of the suitcase, which would be mostly your friends sweat and dirt lol...

Last edited:
That's actually amazing. Having previously read on life outside the body for viruses in general (don't ask why, i'm weird..), I googled the flu virus and it does say several days on indoor surfaces but with dramatically reduced infection chance, so you would have to had a really really low immune system at that time.
Were you perhaps drinking or doing drugs at the time? That or like, licking the insides of the suitcase, which would be mostly your friends sweat and dirt lol...

nah man, and i am not exaggerating, i was perfectly healthy then the box came and i handled the items alot, the guy who sent it was sick as a dog and sneezing all over it. it took 4 days for the box to get to me.
no i was not boozing, just smoking weed but i dont think that had anything to do with it.
it was a Fedex box.

Back