Mosquitoes

GymLift

I have an old but powerful AC mosquito fogger. The fogger solution (which may or may not actually work in my fogger) is expensive for what you get.

It appears that the fogger solutions uses Pyrethrins (Pyrethroid) as the active ingredient. Is there any possibility that I can buy the active ingredient cheaply from some place and make my own solution for cheap?

mranak said:
I have an old but powerful AC mosquito fogger. The fogger solution (which may or may not actually work in my fogger) is expensive for what you get.

It appears that the fogger solutions uses Pyrethrins (Pyrethroid) as the active ingredient. Is there any possibility that I can buy the active ingredient cheaply from some place and make my own solution for cheap?

gotta love mranak... taking the chem forum to new levels. lol

lol, possible...yes of course. Probable? No clue, depends if you can find a retailer or even wholesaler who is both willing so sell small quatities, and willing to sell that small quantity cheaply. If you can get your hands on some, im sure its easy as adding a solvent and mixing.

Most of those foggers use a form of malathion. I attempted to make a mixture of malithion that would fog, but failed miserably. Now I just buy the darn BlackFlag stuff at HomeDepot. So much for my back yard skills. I conquer my domain with a crdeit card and a phone call...what a macho man. Too bad the credit card is about out of the game. lol

DougoeFre5h said:
lol, possible...yes of course. Probable? No clue, depends if you can find a retailer or even wholesaler who is both willing so sell small quatities, and willing to sell that small quantity cheaply. If you can get your hands on some, im sure its easy as adding a solvent and mixing.
Who said anything about small quantities?

Last edited:
Back