Muscle memory and first test cycle

DomPerryOn

Hello. First post here. I've researched and haven't found the answer to my question so thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone could give some insight.

For example purposes let's say naturally you hit 180lbs at 10% bf. You take a year or two off and start training again (165 @ 15%). After you get past the initial DOMS that comes with training again you start a cycle (say 12 weeks test e @ 500mg).

My question is, will you regain that lost muscle quicker since you've already acheived that level naturally, growing at a faster rate?

Or will you put on the same amount of size as an average user with that point being your starting point as if you never reached 180?

Would you have more potential if you reached your old size and then cycled?

I hope this makes sense. It's something I've been curious about and haven't seen much info on it. Thanks!

Hello. First post here. I've researched and haven't found the answer to my question so thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone could give some insight.

For example purposes let's say naturally you hit 180lbs at 10% bf. You take a year or two off and start training again (165 @ 15%). After you get past the initial DOMS that comes with training again you start a cycle (say 12 weeks test e @ 500mg).

My question is, will you regain that lost muscle quicker since you've already acheived that level naturally, growing at a faster rate?

Or will you put on the same amount of size as an average user with that point being your starting point as if you never reached 180?

Would you have more potential if you reached your old size and then cycled?

I hope this makes sense. It's something I've been curious about and haven't seen much info on it. Thanks!

If you built that way naturally I would assume if you try hard and diet right you will have an easier time bodywise gaining that muscle back from muscle memory.

I always tell the younger lads to push themselves all they can before starting a cycle, natty until.
once that natty has been exhausted and your diet and training has been on point for months or years, then you can start your cycle.

I appreciate the input guys but that is not what I was asking. I understand how muscle memory works naturally. I'm referring to it being regained once on AAS.

I appreciate the input guys but that is not what I was asking. I understand how muscle memory works naturally. I'm referring to it being regained once on AAS.

its quiet simple, if you train the same way you trained before and eat the same way you ate before and more then you will have the same results.

the regain would not be the same.. there is no evidence to support that claim..

the biggest benefit in the use of anabolics isn't gaining muscle... its keeping the body from losing it.

anabolics reduce the naturally occuring catabolism in your biological process. Thats a major role in the hypertrophy you see while on cycle.

its also why people dont lose much muscle on a cut using anabolics.

food for thought

the regain would not be the same.. there is no evidence to support that claim..

the biggest benefit in the use of anabolics isn't gaining muscle... its keeping the body from losing it.

anabolics reduce the naturally occuring catabolism in your biological process. Thats a major role in the hypertrophy you see while on cycle.

its also why people dont lose much muscle on a cut using anabolics.

food for thought

Understandable. It's something I've always wondered about and whether using AAS would allow you to regain and get you back to your previous size at a faster rate.

Understandable. It's something I've always wondered about and whether using AAS would allow you to regain and get you back to your previous size at a faster rate.
its an interesting topic for sure, but a lack of research only keeps us guessing.

I'd like to say it would and that muscle memory correlates with faster gains on a cycle when youve been off for a while... but we dont know.

OK guys let me just speak to my experience and listen I have had so, just so many layoffs and come backs then you would understand.
Many times and more then not I would come back on board with my lifting and my use of AAS. Yes I mean first day back to the gym I wild pin 500 mgs Test E and begin.

To the Q’s, Of course I DID come back to my strength quicker than if natural. I came back quicker to my standard average lifts. My experience was quick recovery and as I was lifting heavy (for me) I didn’t experience the type of soreness that come in the beginning when natural. My aggression in the gym is higher than natural and or I could train with more energy. My appetite rises higher then natural.

So ya know for me the answer is No it’s not at all the same as coming back clean. Ya see as was said if you train and eat the same it will be the same. NO just think of the synergism that is going on. It’s active whether or not you eat more ore train the same. Technically it’s impossible to be “The same” experience or time frames.

I do NOT condone what I have admitted that I have done with my use / abuse of AAS. I’m certainly paying the price now. AT 67 I am beginning to feel like 85.

OMM

its an interesting topic for sure, but a lack of research only keeps us guessing.

I'd like to say it would and that muscle memory correlates with faster gains on a cycle when youve been off for a while... but we dont know.

This ^^ in bold is right on. With what i said when i came back, I returned to where I left off in much shorter time. :.. Hence you will be back building more mass quicker. NOW this is where your diet needs up to bulling mass. However I have come back quickly by AAS and not having to much change diet. Remember I said come back... not building NEW n More Muscle mass.

That's My experience ,
OMM

I have had fluctuations in my body weight of about 30 lbs. I naturally run lean regardless. Due to medication sides and before TRT I was at like 138lbs. I jumped up about 15-20lbs fast just eating more and having higher test levels and those effects. Not a cycle. I lifted and hit my highest mark of 170 again. Since then I've had issues and went from mid-high 160s down to 153lbs at my lowest. I've force fed myself and gained 10lbs in the past 3 weeks or so.

It's a very individual response but I dont think our body will easily sacrifice muscle. I have a thread and pictures. My initial dose of 200mg wk test cyp couldnt have caused me to actually build muscle that fast.

Wait for a plateau!

Let me also ask this....

How would results change under the following conditions...

Do a cycle at this point (not at your previous best)

Or...

Get back to where you were then cycle.

Would the end result be the same? (On cycle you'd gain back your lost mass rapidly and then some)

Or would you net better results starting at your peak?

My theory is that you'll regain at a more rapid rate as it's not new muscle being built. I'm sure you may end up in a slightly better position with the later but by how much?

This thread looks to be a great example of this theory.

https://uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/263089-2016-prep-log/?page=4

He took a lot of time off, lost a lot of size, then made some drastic results in 12 weeks.

If your main goal is blasting past your natural peak fitness potential then to maximize this you will have to get there first, then cycle.......or simply plan on running two cycles. The first to get at or just above your previous natty limit and the second cycle to take you beyond.

Problem here is that there is no way to keep your new max size unless you are eating more and working harder than you were before. Snd at that point I still dont believe you're gonna keep those above natural limit gains.

This is a great debate topic. There will be a lot of opinions out there. But I'm pretty sure the only answer here to to do multiple cycles and either cruise or keep cycling until you no longer wish to be above your natty limit :)

Best wishes bro

would knowing the answer in fact change your mind ?

Lets say you knew for a fact if you worked hard for 3 4 or 6 months to a year before using the steroids

The cycle would work better

scientifically proven fact or not

logic & common sense say yes

are you willing to wait it out now ?

or are you someone (like me) that isnt willing to wait and work extra hard and long

and want to start enjoying the benefits of steroids sooner than later

you would experience the same regains.

the biggest benefit in the use of anabolics isn't gaining muscle its keeping the body from losing all the gains and time and efffort put into it.

Back