My First Cycle aka... How NOT to do it.

OldGuyCA

I'm a 47 year old male, 5'8" started off at 212lbs. I've trained off and on with weights for many years. My body type more endomorph than mesomorph. While I'm fairly strong and barrel chested with broad shoulders, I'm very much out of shape. This is my first post.

After talking to some folks at the gym I was ready to do my first run at gear.

I know next to nothing about steroids. I simply went on the advice of people who look awesome who were doing it. I started off with Tren/test EOD. What type, don't know. How much? 1CC. That's all I know. That is Mon, Wed, Fri. Teu, Thur, Was 1cc of Mast.

My diet? Mexican food, carbs and ice cream with some protein so I didn't feel like I was wasting my cycle (I'm grinning as I write this).

Short version is I did this for 12 weeks.

Things I noticed... First I expected super human strength over night. After I week I was sure I had junk. My bench max was 190 and I was trying to move up 5lb every two weeks.

After about week 6 I started to notice changes. I was getting stronger, I was getting very strong. My attitude was changing both bad and good. I became more motivated and also more cocky and a bit more aggressive. I was horny as shit, but could barely keep it up for an extended period of time.

Learning to stick a needle in ones butt cheek or quad is.... an interesting experience. Hit a few veins, scared the shit out of me. I eventually learned to ice it up, just go for it, and slowly pull the pin out. Much better results. I also stopped pulling it before I was actually done getting all the juice in. Easier shooting the quad.

With the new strength came better motivation. I was starting to watch my diet a bit more. Not dialed in, but better. My workouts were freaking awesome.

No PCT as I was told this was a mild cycle.

Now, My max bench is at 290lb and climbing. Staring 300LB down now with 3 weeks post cycle.

What I've learned? I don't know shit about gear and diet and training. This forum has really woken me up. I'm sitting at 224 post cycle, but looking pretty good, but not great. More definition, bigger, but cloths are fitting better. Tren is awesome, but very harsh. Night sweats, bad dreams, limp dick... you name it, I got it. It affected my cardio so bad I thought I had a serious heart problem. Could barely run for 10 minutes.

Plan for the future is to read, learn, study. Working hard on the diet issue which is my biggest struggle.. My second cycle at some point I will not start until I drop down to a reasonable weight, about 15 -20lbs while still going heavy. Getting my cardio dialed in as well. I will choose more wisely next time and do it right and start off in great shape to get into BETTER shape. I now imagine where i'd be today if I'd done it right.

I'm posting this as a warning to anyone thinking of winging it. DON'T!!! I spent a lot of money and could have done so much more with it than I did. Get into shape first, have your diet squared away and then start to do the research before you take the plunge. THAT is wise investing.

Thank you all for the invaluable info I've gained from this forum.

Your comments are welcome, but I already know many of the things i did wrong and how stupid this was.

Last edited:
I just have a few questions.
How long sense you've been off cycle?
And how are you feeling now?
And have you done any blood work to see if it did any permanent damage?
I'm not talking shit or anything I'm just curious how your body reacted. Not saying that if you came out just fine in the end that anyone should do what you did, and I never would. But I have some friends that always talk shit saying that they know plenty of people that do it close to how you did and ''they come out just fine with no permanent damage'' but when I ask if there is blood work to prove it they just say that isn't necessary. So just curious as to how you came out in the end. Thanks

Oh and welcome to 'ology!

Last edited:
Tren probably wasn't the best way to start out your first cycle haha, but more power to you, no pun intended..
once you drop those 15 or 20 pounds try using winstrol in your next cycle! Works real good when your cardio and diet are on point, and sounds like your really doing your homework on that as well, your in good company and welcome to the forums!

I just have a few questions.
How long sense you've been off cycle?
And how are you feeling now?
And have you done any blood work to see if it did any permanent damage?
I'm not talking shit or anything I'm just curious how your body reacted. Not saying that if you came out just fine in the end that anyone should do what you did, and I never would. But I have some friends that always talk shit saying that they know plenty of people that do it close to how you did and ''they come out just fine with no permanent damage'' but when I ask if there is blood work to prove it they just say that isn't necessary. So just curious as to how you came out in the end. Thanks

Oh and welcome to 'ology!

I've been off cycle for about 3 to 4 weeks now. I have not done blood work yet. Not even sure what to look for, but as soon as my health plan card comes in I will get a full blood panel and physical. Advise if you know?

I feel fine, the Tren hit my cardio ability HARD so I actually feel better. My cardio is back up to pre cycle levels, a little better even, I just did a body comp test, Hydrostatic weight... 24.78 body fat. Not good. I'll get this way down before I ever do another cycle.

My strength is still increasing slowly so i think I jumped the gun big time on my first cycle.

The sexual affects have gone away completely, I've always been a horny bastard so now I'm back to normal, but I was a freaking sex maniac on the juice, just couldn't keep it up too long off and on.

I have noticed that while in cycle, I did not have the acne problem others have mentioned, but coming of it's sprung up, though mildly.

Thanks for the welcome, you guys have really helped me see the light.

Tren probably wasn't the best way to start out your first cycle haha, but more power to you, no pun intended..
once you drop those 15 or 20 pounds try using winstrol in your next cycle! Works real good when your cardio and diet are on point, and sounds like your really doing your homework on that as well, your in good company and welcome to the forums!

Thank you! Yes, the more I study up, the more I realize I tried to go direct to the premier league before I even learned to kick a ball, Ha! I'll continue to study and once I get down to about 15-18% bf I'll consider a cycle again. Using various tracking apps and devices I'm really dialing in my diet and weight loss.

I really posted my story as a cautionary tale for other new guys. I now understand much better what terms like "bro science", "Macros" and so forth really mean.

It's now hard to know if my first cycle REALLY made me stronger and more muscular as has happened or if maybe, it was all in my head and I had it in me to do this all along. Time, research, and my next cycle will tell.

I just hopes this gives others considering doing their first cycle a guide on what to avoid.

Last edited:
Back