Natural Fat Loss- Consider This

Y

YellowJacket

Well yesterday was my last day teaching the young ones about body composition and Id like to share with you guys my last lesson to them, this one will always apply to real life.......(remember Im talking to 17-19 year olds here but I feel the same applies to 19-+ also)

So you want to lose some FAT

You look in the mirror, you appear to fat and/or people tell you you're fat. Well congrats. realizing and doing something about it is phase 1. Dont know what fat burners work? afraid of ephedrine and thermogenic drugs? Throw them out, you dont need them. Heres how to lose 1lb of pure fat a week

Go to my thread and figure up your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). After you have that number, thats the number of calories you have to eat to maintain. Here comes the hard part (actually this is very easy, people just see it as hard)......

You DO NOT have to starve yourself

Diets where you become so calorie deficient that the lethargy is so intense you're miserable, think you can deal with it? Who cares if you can, you're bodyfat WILL NOT decrease without physical activity. Your body will say "hell no" to the thought of giving up that fat for energy when you're starved. Why? Go read my thread on the Roles of Fat- Basic Nutrition. Fat plays too many vital roles in the body to be used for energy for a starving person. So starving yourself is out of the question......

Ok, here comes the good part.......Take that 4 digit number you have (maintainence calories) and thats how many calories to eat a day......yep, to maintain. Now your macronutrient (Protein, carbs & Fat) still need to be at a healthy ratio as does your meal plan. But the actual food to eat doesnt fit in this thread, but Im sure most of you guys know to eliminate junk, fast food, etc. Ok, back to the fun.....To lose 1lb of pure fat a week, all you have to do is eat right at (a little above or below wont hurt) your maintainence calories, and then perform some type of cardio 5 days a week. Now because 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories You have to burn 500 cals a day each day for 7 days and that equals 3500 cals. Now how hard is burining 500 calories a day? Not that difficult at all. 30 minutes of moderate exercise should burn 500 cals a day, this is for you to access.

Now heres the common question.....You said do cardio 5 days a week but you said burn 500 cals a day....Good question. Heres the answer, on the 2 days you dont do cardio, take that original BMR number and subtract 500 from it. Thats how many calories to eat on off days to continue the fat burning.

So in conclusion (sorry this had to be so long) 1lb of fat = 3500 cals. Think about this....52 weeks in a year, say you cut half the time (Id say thats average, depends on body type) but thats 26 weeks, 1lb a week thats 26lbs of pure fat a year. PURE FAT Can you imagine being 26lbs lighter in 1 year?? How different would your body look?? And this is without use of drugs and stupid ass "miracle" diets. Imagine if you choose to cut a couple more weeks?? Its your choice and because this is 100% natural and healthy to the body any amount you choose to lose is healthy......

**Bonus material- Free of charge ;) :p

Think if you do this all naturally and you burn 1lb of fat a week....if you add in an ECA/NYC that will only increase the fat burning process...I can not sit here and tell you it will be 100% fat, but the majority by far will be fat.

Best of luck guys and we always like to here positive stories on how much fat you've lost and how you done it....YJ

That's some good info!

I hope you don't mind, but I cleaned up your avatar and took out the white box...

Actually, use this one instead (if you choose to change it); this'll match the color on the left...

Oops sorry babe ;)

Ok, heres the formula to figure your BMR:

Take your height in INCHES then convert it to CM(2.54 CMs per Inch), write that down. Then take your weight in LBS and convert it to KGs (divide your weight by 2.2)
Next go with the Harris-Benedict Formula:
66 + (13.7 X WT) + (5 X HT) - (6.8 X A) =
WT= Weight
HT = Height
A = Age
After plugging in that formula, circle that number. Next choose your activity factor:
Sedentary- ( little to no exercise) X .3
Moderate - (what most of us probably are) X .5
Heavy - (Extreme trainers, quite rare) X.75

-Take the number you circled multiply that by either .3, .5 or .75 depending on what your activity factor is. Like I said most of us are probably moderate, you guys who've been trainig for 5+ years pretty hard and combine cardio with weight training are more than likely Heavy, but be honest with yourself, this is for you, not your friends and people you wish to impress.

* Last step- Thermic food effect. Take your orginial BMR(the # you circled) add it to the new number(BMR + activity factor) and multiply that .10. Equation looks like this: (BMR + AF) X .10
***This Thermic food effect # must be ADDED to your BMR + Activity Factor!
*This final number if the total amount of calories you need to MAINTAIN YOUR CURRENT BODYWEIGHT!

YellowJacket said:
Oops sorry babe ;)

No worries!:dance2: :dance2:

Ok, heres the formula to figure your BMR:

Take your height in INCHES then convert it to CM(2.54 CMs per Inch), write that down. Then take your weight in LBS and convert it to KGs (divide your weight by 2.2)
Next go with the Harris-Benedict Formula:
66 + (13.7 X WT) + (5 X HT) - (6.8 X A) =
WT= Weight
HT = Height
A = Age
After plugging in that formula, circle that number. Next choose your activity factor:
Sedentary- ( little to no exercise) X .3
Moderate - (what most of us probably are) X .5
Heavy - (Extreme trainers, quite rare) X.75

-Take the number you circled multiply that by either .3, .5 or .75 depending on what your activity factor is. Like I said most of us are probably moderate, you guys who've been trainig for 5+ years pretty hard and combine cardio with weight training are more than likely Heavy, but be honest with yourself, this is for you, not your friends and people you wish to impress.

* Last step- Thermic food effect. Take your orginial BMR(the # you circled) add it to the new number(BMR + activity factor) and multiply that .10. Equation looks like this: (BMR + AF) X .10
***This Thermic food effect # must be ADDED to your BMR + Activity Factor!
*This final number if the total amount of calories you need to MAINTAIN YOUR CURRENT BODYWEIGHT!

Back