New to forum, not to the game

HiImMike

Hello everyone.
It's been years since my last cycle and I'm getting old (40). I'm in the gym and eat well but things arent the same and i want that back! I have a couple of questions that im hoping can be answered here. My previous cycles were very basic based on the gear i was able to obtain at the time. Mainly test cyp, anadrol, paperdrol and no real knowledge of PCT. So i'd gain a bunch and lose a bunch, over and over.

I have kids and got snipped, so thats over with. I've seen posts with cycles for guys over 40, but im curious if there are certain types of gear to stay away from at this age. Also, is HCG really needed throughout a cycle, or at all? Is there an alternative to that?

What i currently have in my shoe box:
Test eth
Equipoise
Winstrol
Tamoxifen
Clomid

Another bit of info, I do have low T and have an appointment next month to get on trt. i'm not sure what all that includes besides test.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestion?

Hello and welcome to the board :wavey:

I have to laugh when you say your getting old as I am 66 yrs old and still training and cycling

SO you haven't done a cycle in years and so for that reason not knowing your cycling history I would strongly advise Test only. But before we get further maybe you could tell us more about your Stats,
wt
ht
BF%
more history .

Without that and a feel for your knowledge of the control of Estrogen, Prolactin, and Progesterone, plus dieting it is hard to really suggest anything more the Test. Also how long have you been back I the gym working consistent and hard.
It'[s all pertinent information for at least myself before I or most of us can go with you on your planning.

Get back with us and let us help. :)
OMM

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and the welcome!
Lets start with stats:
6'2
dont know my BF%. It has never really been a concern as i've always been lean.
Hit the gym at least 4 days a week and have been doing so for the past 15 years then took a "break" for a few years and have been back in the gym for about a year.
I've had my labs, all good on everything except my test is low. addressing that next month with the doc.

If you got an appointment next week for trt, I would stay away from gear. You don't want to throw off your bloodwork with any synthetic hormones.
This will give you time to research up on everything you will need to do a complete cycle or blast once you get your trt dialed in. Spoiler alert, trt can take 6 months and up to 24 months to get dialed in. Your doctor can pull bloodwork at anytime so using any type of gear will throw off your bloodwork results which will not be good for trt purposes.
You have a few items in your shoe box. You do not have any aromatize inhibitors (ai). You will most likely need to use one with almost any dose of test or any kind of compound that aromatizes.
To clear things up, I would give the ology faq's thread a read. It covers all the basics and most any questions you will have. It's posted in the stickys at the top of the page.

My appointment is next month and i dont plan on starting anything until get things squared away with trt. I knew nothing of aromatize inhibitors back in the day, just using clomid at the end of the cycle. I've been reading more on and have a better understanding, though not entirely. It seems that some may have an impact on the effectiveness of the steroid, is that so? Do you have suggestions on which to use and which to not use?

The two most common ai's would be arimidex and aromasin. To say they effect gains is really nothing to talk about. As long as you have your ai dose dialed in you'll be fine.

In the same boat as you. I trt and cycle now. Best advice has already been given above. Get tested and get lined up with trt if you need/want it then cycle if ya like :)
Good luck bro.
Get a good doc that you trust

Last edited:
Back