New to TRT

SeattleDave

Hello everyone,

My name is David and I'm from Seattle. I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and want to thank everyone who has shared their thoughts and experiences on here. It has helped me out tremendously through these last few weeks.

A little about me...
I'm 34 years old, 6'5" and about 250lbs. For most of my adult life I've always felt like things were just a little off with me. I'm mentally and physically a pretty healthy guy but I've always just been kind of irritable and withdrawn from people. I've displayed other symptoms of low T like lack of sex drive, no morning wood since god knows when, trouble putting on muscle mass, trouble concentrating and that mental fog like feeling most people describe. I went and saw an endocrinologist several years ago and had a complete blood panel done sensing that maybe my T levels were low after reading the symptoms. My Test level came back at 340 ng/dl. Like many others have experienced, the Dr. told me I was completely normal and sent me on my way. I was almost depressed to hear that nothing was wrong with me according to this Dr. I went on with my life and just sort of accepted the way that I feel as the way it is always going to be. Who am I to complain when there are people out there with serious health issues?

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago....I heard an ad on the radio about a men's health clinic that specializes in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and ED issues (Thankfully I've never had ED issues) right around the corner from my office. I decided to give them a call and schedule a consult. At my appointment I gave the Dr. all my info and told him everything I'd experienced in the past. He said I am a perfect candidate for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and wanted to get me started that day. I was a little taken back because no blood test had even been done yet and he was just going off what I had told him. They took a baseline blood test and then he offered to inject me with 200mg of test cyp that day and that we would have the blood test back the following week. I agreed and took the injection. I scheduled a follow up appointment for 1 week later.

I didn't notice much in the first few hours but that night I woke up with the kind of raging erection I haven't experienced since high school. The next few days I could definitely notice a difference. My energy levels were up and I'm not falling asleep on the couch after getting home from work. I sort of have this euphoric feeling that I don't want to go away.

At my follow up appointment the next week my Dr. went over my blood test results.

AST - 44 IU/L 0-40
ALT - 91 IU/L 0-55

These results above for the liver enzymes were a little high but I'm guessing it was because I was in Vegas doing what people do in Vegas the week before :40oz: . Dr. said we would retest in a few weeks and to cut back on alcohol until then.

PSA - 0.6 ng/ml 0.0-4.0

Test- 394 ng/dl 348-1197

Free test - 9.9 pg/ml 8.7-25.1

LH - 2.5 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6

Estradiol (Roche ECLIA methodology) 19.9 pg/ml 7.6-42.6

CBC, Platelet Ct, and Diff

WBC - 5.4 x10e3/uL 4.0-10.5

RBC - 5.39 x10e6/uL 4.14-5.80

Hemoglobin 16.6 g/dL 12.6-17.7

Hematocrit - 48.0 % 37.5-51.0

There are a few other results but these are the ones that were circled. I was hoping someone here wouldn't mind looking over this and giving me their opinion. The Dr. set me up on a weekly 200mg test cyp along with subcutaneous Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) injections twice weekly. I think it was either .5 or .05, The paperwork is at home. I'm also instructed to take anastrozole orally once per week.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look over this.

David

It usually takes more than 12 hours to notice the benefits of your first T injection. My guess is you had a placebo/psychosomatic effect. If your T is that low injections should help you feel a LOT better over the next few weeks and months.

I was kind of thinking the same thing Megatron. Maybe this should be asked in another thread but once I've started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is there proof that my natural testosterone levels would never come back to the pre testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) levels if I were to stop treatment? I guess I'm just worried about getting too far down the road and leaving myself with only one choice which would be to continue treatment for life.

I was kind of thinking the same thing Megatron. Maybe this should be asked in another thread but once I've started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is there proof that my natural testosterone levels would never come back to the pre testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) levels if I were to stop treatment? I guess I'm just worried about getting too far down the road and leaving myself with only one choice which would be to continue treatment for life.

Depends on what is causing your low T; but I have read about several guys on this forum that have gotten off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) successfully.

Based on your low LH you may have secondary hypogonadism. What was your fsh?

Hi Dave. My personal feeling on lifelong testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is this.....I'll shoot myself in the ass every few days for the rest of my life if it means I never have to feel like a tired, worn out, lazy, no-libido turd. The difference in the quality of my life can not be compared to the insignificant inconvenience of a shot every few days. I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 2 years and I now take a shot every 4 days. If I had to do it twice a day, I wouldn't blink an eye. My only issue is I wish I'd started years sooner. Bottom line....don't worry about it.

Hi Dave. My personal feeling on lifelong testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is this.....I'll shoot myself in the ass every few days for the rest of my life if it means I never have to feel like a tired, worn out, lazy, no-libido turd. The difference in the quality of my life can not be compared to the insignificant inconvenience of a shot every few days. I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 2 years and I now take a shot every 4 days. If I had to do it twice a day, I wouldn't blink an eye. My only issue is I wish I'd started years sooner. Bottom line....don't worry about it.

This is a good point. And Ive been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 8 months and the shot thing is getting old VERY old. Is it worth it yes. I would check every option first before committing to this. At almost 400 that is low but for your age you could possibly change lifestyle habits such as sleep 7-9hrs a night, working out at least 2-3 times a week, alcohol/drug use, other perscriptions interferring here. Just look at all things before you get into this.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've already started the treatment. Should I just give it a couple months and see if it has a positive impact on my well being?

Back