Nolvadex, gyno reversal, and test prop!

Doobie86

Hey everyone I'm going into week 4 of a test prop cycle and I had a bunch of questions regarding gyno that I searched endlessly for the answers to, but the answers were always conflicting.

So I'm posting some interesting knowledge I've gathered so far to give back to this community that I've learned so much from. Hopefully some other newbies with the same questions as me finds this helpful.

1: I developed gyno after 4 days! So yes you can get it very very quickly if you're unlucky.

2: nolvadex DOES reverse it! Like fully from a hardening tender knot to pre-cycle condition. When I immediately began a nolva protocol my gyno symptoms dissipated in 3 days. Gotta catch it fast.

3: even if you've had gyno surgery, you can still get symptoms! Happened to me. Only a small section of my right areola was afflicted.

I wanted to share this with everyone cuz when I searched to see if it was possible to develop gyno so quickly, most posters were laughed at or called hypochondriacs. I had a pretty pronounced case of pubertal gyno from age 12 till I had it removed via excision+lipo at 22, so I know very well what gyno is and how to identify it. what little the doctor left behind is still very susceptible to aromatization, as on day 4 I noticed the tell tale tender pain in my right nipple. I had been on AI for those 4 days at 12.5 EOD.

Went home from work, popped 25mg pill of aromasin, and started on nolvadex right away, two 20mg tablets. Switched to 50mg ED Test prop protocolfrom 100 EOD in an effort to stabilize blood levels as much as possible. By the evening the puffy section of my areola had developed a slight knot underneath, it was kinda freaky how fast it was developing. Went to bed kinda freaked out but hoping for the best.

Woke up, pain was almost gone, lump shrunk but still there. Took another 20mg nolva (60 a day 1 pill in morning two in evening), and started splitting my AI 12.5 every 12 hours as per new info I'd read regarding aromasins short active life.Next day no pain, slight knot, and by third day all symptoms dissipated. Cut back on nolva to 40mg per week, AI Still dosed at 12.5 twice a day. Did this for another week and now will cut back again to 20mg nolva. Going into week 4 now.

The AI is dosed properly, I did my bloodwork prior and again on cycle after my bloods stabilized. My advice is...stay away from test prop if you aromatize badly lol. It'll cause problems before the aromasin can start working which takes like a week - 10 days. By then you could already be growing boobs. Try a longer acting ester or taking your aromasin a few days early, tho I suspect it would be really easy to crash your estro like that.

So that's it so far, will update if anything more interesting happens or somebody's got something to add. Hopefully some unlucky gyno prone soul like me reads this and finds this helpful.

whats your complete cycle history? stats? how long is this cycle for? how about pct plan? share your labs here.

This is my first cycle, went with test only, used prop in case I had any adverse effects I could jump ship quickly.

5'7
152lbs @ start 162 now in 4 weeks. I'm actually surprised the scale moved this much I don't look terribly different.
Body fat I'd guess at 12 - 13% and stays pretty constant eating at a 300 - 400 calorie surprisingly....I'm pretty lean but I'm sure we all underestimate our bf percentage.

The cycle will go for 10 weeks, have pharma grade nolva (40/40/20/20)and clomid (100/100/50/50) for pct. Also have pharma HCG on hand but conflicted on whether to add it.

The labs I will scan and add in shortly as I supposed that is the most helpful bit of information for anyone interested in this thread, thanks for that.

I'm having an issue uploading the pre-cycle labs, but I got the mid cycle lab JPEG to load. I can list the relevant baseline numbers below:

The testosterone went from 22.3 to 80.9
estradiol went from 100 to 74
prolactin went from 15.3 to 17.4
and I crashed my LH and FSH which went from 2.4 to 0.2 (LH)
and from 1.4 to 0.3 (FSH). No pre-cycle progesterone reading.

I noticed my prolactin sits naturally quite high at a baseline of 15.3, which I believe has been a lifelong problem; ive always dealt with some intermittent ED even from my teenage years which I always chalked up to performance anxiety. (I can always get it up but may not stay 100%.) And I do deal with a bit of generalized anxiety on a regular basis. Higher than normal prolactin levels may account for these issues and I have toyed with the idea of grabbing some cabergoline to see if it does anything to remedy those symptoms at an extremely low, low dose.

I'm having an issue uploading the pre-cycle labs, but I got the mid cycle lab JPEG to load. I can list the relevant baseline numbers below:

The testosterone went from 22.3 to 80.9
estradiol went from 100 to 74
prolactin went from 15.3 to 17.4
and I crashed my LH and FSH which went from 2.4 to 0.2 (LH)
and from 1.4 to 0.3 (FSH). No pre-cycle progesterone reading.

I noticed my prolactin sits naturally quite high at a baseline of 15.3, which I believe has been a lifelong problem; ive always dealt with some intermittent ED even from my teenage years which I always chalked up to performance anxiety. (I can always get it up but may not stay 100%.) And I do deal with a bit of generalized anxiety on a regular basis. Higher than normal prolactin levels may account for these issues and I have toyed with the idea of grabbing some cabergoline to see if it does anything to remedy those symptoms at an extremely low, low dose.
my man, your LH, FSH and E2 are defitnetly at danger level, you must feel horrible. BUT from what i read from your first post is that your just popping pills and hoping for the best, its like playing russian roulette with your nuts and more. well at least you got labs done so we can help.
if i where you i would find a good trt doc and get with them, try IMT here on the boards they have a solid track record and can get you feeling well again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Estrogen raises just as fast as blood testosterone so that supports estrogens effects acting quickly. I've posted a couple references showing increased in both in 24-36 hours post injection. As soon as the test starts being freed from its ester it interacts with aromatase, SHBG, receptors and anything else. I recently found a paper showing there is a genetic difference in how we respond and metabolize injected test. We might have a standardized newb cycle but the "dialing in" is an adjustment to individuals bodies.

2) it takes time for circulating estrogen to clear our system where clomid and Nolva act quickly and take seats in our receptors. It will definitely help fight off high e sides while the AI / estrogen clearing takes effect. I believe my TRT doc said something like 10 days maybe up to 2 weeks . . . . It was a little bit. Lowering the activation of the receptors will male gyno stop and appear to reverse but I have to believe the plastic surgeon I talked to that compared it to having and erection and then going soft. It's all still there and any newly developed breast tissue stays. I've yo-yo gyno with meds and they were like a cycle on my nips. My nipples will swell and hurt and be firmer. Once I switch meds/went off they shrunk. Over the years they have grown overall. Only gyno reversal I have seen or read that I thought might be true was to crash your estrogen and hold it down. Dude warned you better not have a girlfriend/wife and you would hate life.

3) same plastic surgeon couldn't believe endo recommended me for a male mastectomy yet wasn't treating the elevated estrogen and obvious gyno. Told me it would eventually come back and ANY missed bitch tits would continue to be sore. Some type of biological joke. Even if you cut them off yiubwould regrow them . . . But not a finger. Haha

This is what I was looking for. Thank you. I need this now, seems like a drastic route to go to 60mg nolvadex. I'm glad it worked for you. Thank you for your post man.

Back