On Cycle Bloat Vs. Fat gains

claricae86

Hey fellas, I posted my diet up here a while back and got some critiques but was mainly told everything was spot on. I've been counting cals and dieting hard for a few years now so eating healthy and hitting my macros is part of my daily ritual.

Here's my question. I am 6 weeks into my first test-e cycle. I started the cycle at about 202 @14%BF. I was 196 about a month before starting but that was after a long cut from 220. I gained a little fat at the start of my cycle because I ramped my calories up in such a quick fashion. Was adding 100cals a week from my cutting intake of 2700cals and was at about 3100cals when I started the test. I immeditely began eating "bulk" style and revved it up to 3800 that first week. Fat gains seemed minimal and I felt good. I started feeling constantly hungry even though I eat every two hours and was advised by you folks to up my cals some more. After eating 4k for a week or so I can't tell if I am getting fat gain or if this is bloat from the test. I just started using my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) this week as I was waiting for sides to become apparent. I bumped my intake back down to 3800 but still feel like and look like I am gaining some fat.

How do you guys determine when it's bloat from the cycle or if you need to scale your intake back a little bit?

I figure I'll keep eating at 3800 and see how the arimidex takes effect. I know some fat gain is inevitable on a good bulk (eating 500cals or above maint). I just hate that feeling of stomach fat. I use to be close to 300 pounds so anytime I "feel" fat it affects my attitude.

Regardless, been killing it in the gym, weights going up, size going up and no apparent sides except for this small bloat/fat gain issue.

The Aromatase inhibitor (AI) should let you see what's water and what is fat. Also, drink water to lessen the bloat and avoid sodium or eat lots of pottassium. What Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and what dose?

Taking in very low sodium, eat banana everyday and drink close to 2 gallons of water daily.

Brunt of my sodium actually comes from cottage cheese, surprising how much is in there. Taking arimidex at .5 EOD right now. Will be a week on Friday. Seems the bloat is going down a bit, I looked a bit harder tonight but that was right after a training session.

Like you say, I figure the adex will eliminate most water and I can see if anything needs adjusting, I want to be right on the verge of gaining fat without putting too much on. Really want to make sure my body has all the nutrients it needs to grow.

Taking in very low sodium, eat banana everyday and drink close to 2 gallons of water daily.

Brunt of my sodium actually comes from cottage cheese, surprising how much is in there. Taking arimidex at .5 EOD right now. Will be a week on Friday. Seems the bloat is going down a bit, I looked a bit harder tonight but that was right after a training session.

Like you say, I figure the adex will eliminate most water and I can see if anything needs adjusting, I want to be right on the verge of gaining fat without putting too much on. Really want to make sure my body has all the nutrients it needs to grow.

There's a way to check for water retention. Pinch the skin on your belly and let it go. If it ripples like water then you're holding a good deal of water. I use this trick all the time.

Sweet, thanks Clamp. Just checked and had some slight ripple. I'll wait til this weekend to see if the adex is working better and if not I'll bump up the dose.

Back