opinions on this bulking diet??

bentley1

breakfast-1 cup of milk, 1 cup of quaker oatmeal, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1 cup of liquid egg whites, 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

lunch- 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 2tbsp of peanut butter, 4 oz turkey breast, 3oz of carrots.

pre workout- 2 scoops of 100% gold whey protein, 1 cup of quaker oatmeal.

post workout- 8oz of 100% grape juice, 2 scoop of 100% gold whey protein.

dinner- 4 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup of almonds, 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of broccoli.

before bed- 3 caps of fish oil, 1 slice of wheat bread, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 cup of liquid egg whites.

the total macros in this diet are
protein-289.9 grams
carbs-458 grams
fats-104 grams
with a total of 3930 calories.

the diet i had up before i was told that is was all out of whack, with my macros. it looks like a pretty easy diet, which i need with my work schedule. anything i should swap or change?

bentely ,, if you would have just ate a cheeseburger for every different diet you've looked up, you would have already hit your 200 pound goal by now ;)

bentely ,, if you would have just ate a cheeseburger for every different diet you've looked up, you would have already hit your 200 pound goal by now ;)

lol i know, i have a lot of bodybuilder friends who tried the good old dirty bulk and lost abs and looked fat, i am trying to do a clean bulk.

on a serious note - your macro break down is basically

54% carbs
34% protein
12% fat

there are a couple of different schools of thought here .
one side is going to say your macros are way out of whack and your % of protein should be much much higher . however, when you look at the fine details, we see your consuming 300 grams of protein per day , which for a 165 pound guy like you is plenty (thats 1.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight,, more then enough for a bulk). so the thought that the protein percentage of your diet may be too low should look at the details and the actual grams-- and see your getting plenty of protein.

your carbs are high, BUT , that is fine because your bulking AND you have a very very busy and active job, plus all the training. So your going to need a lot of carbs.

your fats are too low though . You can afford to take away from the carbs just a bit and add in more fat . Fat is calorie dense (9 calories per gram, to carbs only 4 calories per gram) . Plus fat is an ESSENTIAL nutrient (carbs are not), your body has to have enough fat to function properly , produce hormones, cholesterol etc. all needed for optimal health.

I'd up the fat intake . throw in an avocado , go for a skin on chicken thigh instead of the fat free chicken breast.

other than that, I'd just go ahead and start eating

note: your macro percentages are actually not that far off from what I'm doing now . I can post a one day glimpse into the diet I'm currently doing if your interested.

Last edited:
good to hear, i will make some changes to that, i am guessing this diet is much better then the last one i posted? the diet is the most important and hardest part for me to get down, with my job as a ramp agent i cannot have any food on the ramp, and we are loading and unloading aircrafts for 8 hours with a 45 minute break, most of the time we have a couple of 15 min breaks in between where i just shove all the food i can in, without throwing up lol. and yes that would be great i'd like to see your diet.

couple of points

- the best diet is the one that works for YOU specifically . Plenty of diets work for some people but may not work for you . some guys need 600 g of carbs a day to bulk , whereas another guy cannot have over 250 g of carbs a day or he starts putting on a ton of fat .. its all very individualistic and is going to take a lot of time to find out what works for you.

- the best diet is one that YOU WILL STICK TO . if you come up with a plan with foods you hate and can't stomach, and you quit in two weeks, then that won't work. Needs to be something enjoyable that you can do for 12+ weeks.

- you can get fat eating "clean" . don't buy into the 'clean foods' are not fattening myth . its all about macros and calories in vs calories out . you can get fat eating too much organic rice, chicken and broccoli .. and you can cut and loose fat eating burgers and pop tarts. . it all depends. when your on a bulk and wanting to put on a lot of weight , don't be afraid to get a little dirty , there is nothing 'inherently evil' in one food over another food that has magical powers to make you fat.

- diet is dependent on metabolism , everyones metabolism is different , but not only that YOUR metabolism is not STATIC ,, it changes and fluctuates and adapts. so if you make gains on 3900 calories, one day your metabolism may adapt to that, become less efficient with food, and then 3900 becomes your maintenance and you'll have to go to 4900 calories next time you bulk. you'll need to learn to diet and "re-adadpt" your metabolism over time. and if you cut, you may need to reverse diet out of a cut. the metabolism can be a tricky thing to work with

just a couple of thoughts to keep in mind

Last edited:
i'd like to see your diet.

heres what I ate yesterday in order

upon waking - Pro gainer shake
1.5 cup milk
4 eggs, 1/2 cup egg white
Oatmeal
1 cup milk
strawberries
slice of cheese

- 1.5 cups of rice
8 oz steak
mixed veggies and broccoli

3.5 cups of ice cream
Protein shake
1.5 cups milk
Banana

1.5 cups rice
2 chicken thighs
green beans

4600 calories
Protein 295
carbs 504
fat 169

when you calculate the ratios, the diet you proposed and the way I ate yesterday are pretty similar

I'm at carbs 52%, protein 30%, fat 17% ** ( i did not have any salmon, avocados , or nuts this day , so my fat calories were slightly low this day)

this is just a picture from one day .. however, I believe in 'weekly' counting of calories and macros as a better overall picture,, some days I get more fats and veggies in , other days I have less carbs and more protein. it evens out over the week though.
currently on a 'slow and steady lean bulk' , 6 day a week routine, two a day work outs , 1 hour of cardio mid day, 1.25 hour weights late day, plus supplementary training . NOT currently on a steroid cycle. I just started this this week after being on a 3500 calorie 'non diet' diet.

heres what I ate yesterday in order

upon waking - Pro gainer shake
1.5 cup milk
4 eggs, 1/2 cup egg white
Oatmeal
1 cup milk
strawberries
slice of cheese

- 1.5 cups of rice
8 oz steak
mixed veggies and broccoli

3.5 cups of ice cream
Protein shake
1.5 cups milk
Banana

1.5 cups rice
2 chicken thighs
green beans

4600 calories
Protein 295
carbs 504
fat 169

when you calculate the ratios, the diet you proposed and the way I ate yesterday are pretty similar

I'm at carbs 52%, protein 30%, fat 17% ** ( i did not have any salmon, avocados , or nuts this day , so my fat calories were slightly low this day)

this is just a picture from one day .. however, I believe in 'weekly' counting of calories and macros as a better overall picture,, some days I get more fats and veggies in , other days I have less carbs and more protein. it evens out over the week though.
currently on a 'slow and steady lean bulk' , 6 day a week routine, two a day work outs , 1 hour of cardio mid day, 1.25 hour weights late day, plus supplementary training . NOT currently on a steroid cycle. I just started this this week after being on a 3500 calorie 'non diet' diet.

that doesn't look to bad at all, i kinda like it, i like how it is 5 meals instead of the usual 6-8 meals a day. those 2 chicken thighs, do you know how much those weigh total? i'm gonna guess about 12 ounces?

No snacks in between? i'm following a similar diet plan I picked up from ****DO NOT POST LINKS TO OUTSIDE WEBSITES********

Last edited by a moderator:
Back