pasta

hardbody04

Im lean bulking (oxymornon isnt it) anys im just trying to gain nice clean muscle.....im looking for a pasta something i can throw some chicken in and maybe a little sauce and have something with a lot of protien and not carbs that are too bad. would the no yolk wheat noodles be best? do you eat pasta?

youre looking for something low in carbs and are asking about pasta? pasta = carbs, unless theres some new low carb pasta out there, which im sure there is.

i eat pasta, but not on a regular basis.

Suareezay said:
youre looking for something low in carbs and are asking about pasta? pasta = carbs, unless theres some new low carb pasta out there, which im sure there is.

i eat pasta, but not on a regular basis.

not low carbs just "better" carbs something to throw in my protein/carb meal

i saw they had the NO Yolk egg white noodles....was just wondering if anyone uses them

i dont know anything about egg white noodles. Check the ingredients. Im sure theyre fine.

whole wheat pasta is acceptable, but its still processed. White pasta is fine PWO.

Oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatos, beans, and fruit are my staple carbs, but i use things like whole wheat pasta, ezekiel bread, whole wheat pitas, wraps, popcorn and things like that as kind of slack meals, which arent really cheat meals, they are just a little more slack than usual. Someone also brought up whole wheat rice cakes a while back, those are fine as well.

I use Whole Wheat pasta

Some of you people treat carbs like the plague.

I would think it would be pretty hard to get fat eating carb sources such as potatoes, rice, WW pasta, WW bread. It's more like the ice cream, pizza, and burgers that you need to worry about.

Barilla has a high protein, lower carb pasta it is very good but not (low carb) it is just lower in carbs and has a fairly high protein content.

Easto said:
I use Whole Wheat pasta

Some of you people treat carbs like the plague.

I would think it would be pretty hard to get fat eating carb sources such as potatoes, rice, WW pasta, WW bread. It's more like the ice cream, pizza, and burgers that you need to worry about.

pretty much, i find when i get to picky with my diet i end up flopping it all together. stick with above at proper times and everything will be fine

hardbody04 said:
Id be intrested in good healthy sauce to throw on some....cook some chiken and add to it sounds like a good meal......
there are plenty of organic sauces out there (one of the few organic things i buy).

or just take some canned tomato sauce (add crushed canned tomatos if you want it chunkier), some italian spices, simmer with some cooked ground beef, and you got some meat sauce.

no problem. ive never put that homemade sauce on pasta before, but thats what i put in lasagna, and its pretty good. Not as good as something you buy canned, but what do you expect from 3 ingredients, none of them being fat or sugar.

I wouldn't really worry about the sauce, just get a basic tomatoe one. Don't get 3 cheese etc, etc.

Whole wheat pasta is great. get the one in the brown box, it has like 10g protein per serving! Not bad for pasta.

Back