Perception of TRT from others…nothing more than a therapeutic rant

joecoolredbarron

Why do people who don’t like the way they look, find bullsh*t excuses and tear down other people's hard work? This is a rant to an audience that I think has the same perspective I do, so I’ll call it group therapy and hope you enjoy reading this.

There’s literally 3 people in the world (who I know in person lol) that know I’m on TRT. My fiancé, and 2 close friends, one of which used to be a juice-head and now lightly cycles, and the other a very close friend who’s never used. Well the friend in question and I used to work out together, we were both in pretty good shape and was super supportive when I was on the fence about pulling the TRT trigger. Fast forward a year or so and now the only reason I’m in shape is “all the testosterone”. Mind you in this time period he worked out ZERO times and shifted his diet to oreos and meatball subs.

Here’s my problem when stupid sh!+ like that come out of someone’s mouth and maybe you guys are with me on this.

1 – TRT brings me to NORMAL (ok maybe high normal) testosterone ranges but not like full blown cycle levels. Let’s set that straight from the start.

2 – You’re telling me that weighing all my food, tracking and counting calories, adjusting macros, micro managing meal times, spending countless hours preparing whole foods, and basing all of this on a particular goal, has no bearing on my progress and it’s just the shots?

3 – I spend an hour in the gym 5-6 days a week consistently lifting my ass off. I’ve lived in my basement gym for years before starting TRT. I track and plot all my lifts, study and research routine methods and changes to promote consistent growth (or prevent muscle loss), practice and review my form, push myself to tears in the squat rack, curse the universe every time I miss a planned rep scheme, limp around my house for 2 days after leg day, drag my ass out of bed for morning cardio, live in constant discomfort from DOMS – but it’s the TRT shot that’s producing results?

4 – I weigh myself and do BF analysis to compare to my diary of calorie / nutrient consumption and exercise, and adjust as needed to ensure I’m meeting my goals and adapting to body changes…but it’s the shot.

5 – I READ CONSTANTLY on this forum and others to educate myself and push myself to new limits and apply what’s learned into my day to day life…but it’s the shot.

For all those people who think it’s as simple as taking a shot, and lifestyle we live is a gravy train with biscuit wheels because we’re brining ourselves to normal T levels – it’s not that easy and you can piss off.

There I feel better! Thanks for humoring me fellas.

Yeah, we'll always listen to a vent. Helps you keep your sanity!

FWIW, I've heard similar things being on TRT. I've found the best response is something like "Yeah, the testosterone is awesome! A healthy upper range level lets me fully recover from the four or five intense workouts I do every week, and that plus a good diet gives me pretty good results!".

If they persist I usually just joke more and say "If you think just taking testosterone can make you look like this then you and I need to open a TRT clinic and you can be in sales. Just don't tell any clients how many hours I workout each week!" And that has shut them down 100% so far!

Thanks for the vent. Lets me know I'm not alone. A huge part of the problem for us is the perception of "steroids" in our society. When people would say to Arnold that they don't want to get as big as him he would say "don't worry, you won't".

Yeah, we'll always listen to a vent. Helps you keep your sanity!

FWIW, I've heard similar things being on TRT. I've found the best response is something like "Yeah, the testosterone is awesome! A healthy upper range level lets me fully recover from the four or five intense workouts I do every week, and that plus a good diet gives me pretty good results!".

If they persist I usually just joke more and say "If you think just taking testosterone can make you look like this then you and I need to open a TRT clinic and you can be in sales. Just don't tell any clients how many hours I workout each week!" And that has shut them down 100% so far!

Well said man - thanks!

Thanks for the vent. Lets me know I'm not alone. A huge part of the problem for us is the perception of "steroids" in our society. When people would say to Arnold that they don't want to get as big as him he would say "don't worry, you won't".

Agree with perception of roids vs. medical need. Love the Arnie quote too!

The handful of people that I've talked about my trt with, have been people I've had a chance to have more than a passing discussion with about trt.

I've had no negative reactions once I explained rationally why I'm on trt.

I have no problem talking about the subject with anyone, if the topic comes up. In the 3 years I've been on trt, I'm in such a better place, physically and mentally.

To me, it's just like talking about any other thing that has made a difference in my life. If people want to listen, I'll share my experience. If they're not interested, I simply won't talk about it.

Back