Personal situation and questions (Help)

Bolteriest

I would like to introduce my situation for you guys, im 20 and ive been going to the gym for a year and an half (half a year was with friends and not a strict program, then i went alone seriously for a complete year with a strict program). During that year i went from 130lbs of bodyweight to 160lbs with a 13-15% bodyfat (started skinny, thus the mid-low bodyfat). My training regimen consists of doing a PPL, first 4 months i did this on a 4 day split, then proceed to up the days of training to 5-6 since i was bored on my rest days. All my lifts improved in weight and reps/sets, started the benchpress hardly doing 8 reps of 65, now i easly do 135 for 12reps and 155 for 8reps, same for my squats and deadlift.

Here is my Training program:

Push day: Chest: Barbell flat benchpress 4x8-12, Barbell inclined benchpress 4x8-12, Dumbbell inclined benchpress 4x8-12, Inclined chest flye 4x8-12 Shoulders: Military press 4x8, db shoulder press 4x8-12, laterals raises 4x12 Tricep: Pushdowns 4or5 sets of 12, Ez-bar tricep extension 4x12

Pull day: Back: pullups 4x8, lats pulldown followed by cable chinups 4x8-10, cable row 4x8, Barbell row 4x8 Biceps: cable curls 4or5 stes of 12, Ez-bar curl 4x10, db hammer curls 4x10

Legs day: Squats 4x8-10 Legpress 4x8-12 Calves raises 4x12 Leg curl for my Hamstrings (Used to do Deadlifts on that day but since a week i've been feeling a slight pain in my lower back so i've decided to cut it out until i feel better)

You might think why does a newbro come to this Forum, and my anwser for you is I think this community is full of dedicated people and of people that exactly want to do what i want to do too, which is push themselves harder and be swole. My question for you guys is that i think ive maxed out my beginner gains and im finding myself not going up in weights in the gym anymore or really slowly, even thouh i have a 1000cal surplus (im even gaining more fat than anything now i think).

Each time i visit this subreddit and i see guys my age wanting to do gear, i ask myself if i should too? For months i've been reading on this forum and other websites about cycles, first cycles, pct, short and long term effects, and each time a young guys asks for advice he's anwsered like: "Focus on your diet and training program, worry about gear later at 25". And it's exactly what i want to know what should i improve in my training (what exercice, how many days,sets/reps wise)? How can i improve my diet? What can i do to get closer to my maximal potentiel naturally?

Im really thinking about going on a first cycle next summer (which by then i'll have 2 years of serious training under my belt) since i'll have a lot of free time (current job only on weekends and paying rather well) and i'll have 12 weeks free to start and finish my cycle. I've read alot about gear and first cycles, so if i was to do it i would do a 12 weeks cycle with dianabol to kickstart for 3-4 weeks with Test E 250mg E3D(week 1-12) than a week for the gear to wear off and finish off with a pct of Nolvadex. (Always with aromasin on hand in cause of gyno and such). Would that be a good first start?

PS: Also im not worried about injectable steroids, because im a student paramedic and im fine with needles.

As a Person with some medical background I can say you really dont want to run a cycle until you hit your late twenties. Your body is still growing and changing and the risk for permanent damage does not outweigh the rewards. Eat clean, pump hard and grow. There will be a time and place for gear, but IMO you need to wait a little longer. Now if you have a true medical condition, that would change things, but you would most likely know if that was the case. Take this time of your life to use what your body is giving you and save the gear for when you get old like me, then you need as much help as you can get! If you want diet advice, ask 3J, I myself have never used him, but I hear that he knows his shit.

Just my $.02

They say that wisdom is wasted on youth. Dont be a statistic, and heed the advise by 'Scrapman' - Good luck, and be safe.

Back