Prami, prolactin, and growth hormone

I'm writing this post because I have had a hard time finding any concrete info on prami or any other prolactin inhibitors. I have done a decent amount of digging and hope to pass on this info to anyone who is looking for it.

The short of it- Prami and all other D2 agonists (bromocryptine, caber etc.) share similar effects.
1)significant reduction in prolactin levels
2)increase in growth hormone levels
They are cheap and effective, use them before bed if you want either of these effects.

Full info session
As Prami is often the cheapest and most readily available of the D2 agonists it will be my focus. I personally experience terrible sides from 19-nor compounds, especially deca, so I use a lot of prami.
The main effects of D2 agonists
Prami is able to inhibit the production of prolactin by binding itself to the lactotropes on your pituitary. As long as these receptors have dopamine(or a dopamine agonist) bound to them they will stop the production of prolactin. This is very important if you are using any 19-nor compound(tren, deca, npp) because they are recognized as progesterone and activate your prolactin production. If you are like me, not controlling your prolactin leads to serious gyno, moodiness, and generally acting like a crazy pregnant woman.
Prami increases your GH production, by inhibiting the release of somatostatin. I repeat, IT STOPS YOUR SOMATOSTATIN PRODUCTION. It does so by binding to the somatostatin secreting part of your hypothalamus. Somatostatin aka growth hormone inhibiting hormone, is released in response to a negative feedback loop triggered by growth hormone and its various related hormones. Using a D2 agonists such as prami allows you to explode your natural GH production by shutting off the negative feedback loop. So, taking this before bed would allow you to endlessly produce GH while in REM.

Side Effects to be aware of
Decreased alertness and pupil response to changes in light intensity
Drowsiness - can be barely noticeable or so strong you can't stay awake
Nausea - usually mild, can be stronger when beginning usage
Dosing
It has been found that as little as 0.1 mg of an oral dose of prami effects both prolactin and GH production. The best figures I've found show that with a 0.5mg dose prolactin levels decreased by about 60% and GH increased by an astonishing 500%.
So, start with a small dose such as 0.1mg and work your way up to 0.5(or higher) if necessary.
There is very little research on long term use of these drugs other than for treatment of pituitary tumors, none of which provide significant info for the effects discussed in this post, but have at least found that an increase in dosage was not required for their usage.

Personal Experience
I find anywhere from .125-.5 mgs before bed to work very well. Usually experience very vivid dreams and sweat a lot, almost as bad as tren, due to GH increase. Do not take this during the day unless you don't have anything to do, i once made that mistake and found myself trying to drive half asleep and being blinded by the sun, with sunglasses on. It supposedly increases sexual pleasure, i have experienced sexual dysfunction from it (in males a post orgasm dopamine release triggers whole response that makes you feel satisfied and go flaccid).
References
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2203276/
nature.com/clpt/journal/v51/n5/abs/clpt199260a.html

Any feedback or questions are appreciated.

I'm real curious about the effect of prami and GH secretion, I have read that article before. I have just begun a blast with deca alongside my TRT and will be running prami alongside if needed, but from what I have been reading it might be worth running the prami at a low dose (.1-.2 ED) just for the GH benfeit alongside the other benfeits it supposedly brings.

I've ran prami before very good stuff. Sense of well being ddopamine agonist just like prozac. It's great for tendon repair and mg for mg 3x as strong as peps. It's gh release is only good for 2 huge blast in a single day because it's a 8-12 hour drug. So post workout in the morn if it doesn't make you sleepy didn't me. And then prebed. After a month on the drug igf1 is much higher then Normal and never drops. So you never build a tolerance. The drug has 100 useful effects for the price it's very worth it. As little as .5 can give a pulse of 400-500% that's the equivalent of 4-5 iu of actual gh if dosed twice a day that's 4 hours of super high gh. The reason synthetic gh has always been superior is 2 shots a day gives 12 hours of constant effect to be present and work, not allowing the body to store fat as we eat through out the day. The average cruise dose of synthetic gh is 4iu a day split into 2 doses. Peptides give a increase worth of about 2iu but it only last 1.5 hours so 3x a day shot will only yield 4.5 hours of coverage. But think o bout this pramipexole dosed twice daily=4 hours @ 4iu dosed with peptides 4x daily=6 hrs @2iu that's makes 10 hrs of total coverage 4 of the hours are @ 4iu and 6 hours @2iu (vs synthetic dosed twice daily 12 hrs @2iu) when you start looking at it like that it makes pramipexole all the more interesting it could take a peptide regimen to the next level.

Last edited:
Wow I was totally unaware of the GH benefit from prami. I've got some Deca for my next cycle and was going to skip on the prami because I figured I could keep prolactin in check by keeping estrogen low with adex... But now I'm seriously considering it, great info

Last edited:
I'm real curious about the effect of prami and GH secretion, I have read that article before. I have just begun a blast with deca alongside my TRT and will be running prami alongside if needed, but from what I have been reading it might be worth running the prami at a low dose (.1-.2 ED) just for the GH benfeit alongside the other benfeits it supposedly brings.
I think it would be a good idea to run a low dose daily. When off i still use a low dose before bed because it helps me sleep, along with the increase in GH.
It is my understanding the the increase in GH will only come if there is a reason for your body to secrete GH at all, as it does not trigger any HGHRH to be released, it simply prevents the negative feedback loop that turns it off. So, i think its effects would be best felt taken before bed, since its at night that you experience the largest period of GH production.

Wow I was totally unaware of the GH benefit from prami. I've got some Deca for my next cycle and was going to skip on the prami because I figured I could keep prolactin in check by keeping estrogen low with adex... But now I'm seriously considering it, great info
Adex will do absolutely nothing to combat prolactin. Adex controls your estrogen by preventing aromitization. Prolactin is directly produced by your pituitary, and therefore requires a different method to control it. You can run your joints dry with adex and still get the sides from prolactin.

Adex will do absolutely nothing to combat prolactin. Adex controls your estrogen by preventing aromitization. Prolactin is directly produced by your pituitary, and therefore requires a different method to control it. You can run your joints dry with adex and still get the sides from prolactin.

Not necessarily true as in 95% of cases prolactin issues will not occur without the presence of high E2 levels. For the regular person if they use Adex and control their E2 levels their will be minimal chance of prolactin issues. Hence why alot of people don't run a DA but keep one on hand.
Personally I am one of the 5% who have high prolactin no matter what when I run a 19nor and have no choice to run caber. Why caber instead of prami, because prami sides are horendous for alot of people myself included, vomiting , nausea, indegestion, insomnia, etc

Why would you run prami off cycle, thats ridiculous unless you have pituitary issue to begin with. You are basically scrapping your prolactin levels for a minor increase in GH. If you want GH release then just run GH and leave your body functioning properly at normal levels when off cycle.

Now think about the total benefit you are describing a normal person in a high range may be at 1 ng/ml but most are in the 0.1- 0.8 range typically depending on age and such. Your use of prami to stimulate at 500% would yield you a score of 5 ng/ml or lower.. GH purchased that would be tested at this result would go straight into the garbage. So basically it is an extremely minimal increase and not worth the risk. It would be on par with the benefits of taking a test booster from GNC.

Last edited:
Prami is prescribed as a antidepressant for rls for Parkinson's disease and many more. These are life long conditions and prami is often prescribed for life. It has fantastic tendon repair qualities. There is no denying the huge igf1 output it gives it documented over and over again. I would like to know the down side of having low prolactin and increased igf1 all the time. And my mom is prescribed pramipexole for rls at 65 yr old at a high dose so I'm curious to know of any detrimental effect of long term pramipexole use.

Essentially, long term use of dopamine agonists can cause motor complications. Your body will stop producing endogenous dopamine, causing Parkinson's akinesia, tremors, muscle rigidity, and loss of balance. Your dopamine receptors in the basal ganglia will become hyper sensitized to the presence/lack of dopamine, causing the drug therapy that will treat your drug induced parkinsons to become difficult to manage properly.

Dopamine agonists can also lead to drug induced psychosis, and the host of side effects that result from that, such as somnolence, impulsivity, paranoia, hallucinations, etc.

The activation of dopamine receptors in the periphery causes vasodilation, which leads to reflex tachycardia and peripheral edema.

And finally bromocriptine has been shown to cause valvular heart disease.

This is just what I took off the top of my head from pharmacology. If you want me to go into more detail I can. This should give you a basic idea why running dopamine agonists is bad. Pramipexole isn't even indicated for hyperprolactinemia. There are much more effective dopamine agonists for controlling prolactin levels, such as cabergoline. This is due to the drugs structure, selectivity, metabolism, etc. Even so it should only be used on a as-needed basis to control prolactin during a 19-nor cycle.

Last edited:
Kazmir i am the same way, i can have no estro and sitll have the full spectrum of sides from a 19-nor. I do admit I overreact a bit about it, and i do not have any knowledge on the relationship between E2 abd prolactin production. Could you please share any insight you have?

Prami is prescribed as a antidepressant for rls for Parkinson's disease and many more. These are life long conditions and prami is often prescribed for life. It has fantastic tendon repair qualities. There is no denying the huge igf1 output it gives it documented over and over again. I would like to know the down side of having low prolactin and increased igf1 all the time. And my mom is prescribed pramipexole for rls at 65 yr old at a high dose so I'm curious to know of any detrimental effect of long term pramipexole use.

Again the "huge number of 500%" is meaningless as your base levels are so low. Heck even at 1000% elevated levels it would not be worth using solely for the GH release. Prami is prescribed for alot of different reasons and at a low dose over a long period probably would not do much in long term sides, Bushleageau decribed some of the sides though but again it would be useless for the GH reasoning the OP is trying to state. Hell you can buy a GH spray over the counter at supplement shops that claim will boost levels by 200% and again they are worthless. The amount is minimal not huge. Take prami and have a GH serum test done and you will see. IGF release from a GH pulse is directly proportionate to the amount of GH therefor at a level of 5 ng/ml your looking at again a minimal IGF release within the muscle.

There is nothing huge from taking prami when speaking of GH/IGF release. If it was huge don't you think everyone and their dog would be using it? why spend thousands of dollars on GH if we could get close to the same thing by taking prami... Makes zero sense..

This is not to state that prami is not useful in the way of GH release as its a great bonus while cycling but to use it off cycle solely for the side effect is not something I would advocate.

Last edited:
oh and kazmir i was thinking of combining prami with my upcoming cycle of growth, to see if I can maintain my endogenous production along with the exogenous gh since it inhibits somatostatin release, and the timing of growth injections to not inhibit your natural production is so iffy, you go from board to board and article to article and everyone finds something different.

Last edited:
Kazmir and bushleague thankyou for your insight on this topic, will definitely now limit it to just on cycle use. I guess i was overlooking the inevitable side-effects from long term use as I was so excited by the increase in GH (I'm 23 so a 500% increase is noticeable for me, wake up covered in sweat looking cut as hell). I am still curious about the possibility of using prami along with GH to keep a good endogenous production.

The thing that separates prami from other dopamine agonist is its effects not only on d2 but d3 receptors which play a vital role in male sexual function. Bromo and caber do not activate this receptor at all or very minimally. This is what makes prami more suited for our purposes as this is the area increased PRL will often manifest itself.
Also the effect of dopamine agonists on the rewards system is very real. They should not be misused. Their use should be minimal and only as needed or you could end up being sorry as someone above mentioned.

The thing that separates prami from other dopamine agonist is its effects not only on d2 but d3 receptors which play a vital role in male sexual function. Bromo and caber do not activate this receptor at all or very minimally. This is what makes prami more suited for our purposes as this is the area increased PRL will often manifest itself.
Also the effect of dopamine agonists on the rewards system is very real. They should not be misused. Their use should be minimal and only as needed or you could end up being sorry as someone above mentioned.

Cabergoline does activate the D3 receptors with nearly as much affinity as pramipexole. Bromo does not activate D3 at all.

D2 receptors in the pituitary being agonized are responsible for the decrease in prolactin. D3 receptors are found in the limbic system, which when activated excessively are the cause of psychotic behavior.

I located a study showing that D3 was vaguely related to ejaculation, but this study was very primitive and only conducted in rats.

Back