Protein/Fat/Carb ratios

tonality

Hey guys, I'm trying to design a higher protein-intake diet plan and coming up a bit short on the levels...but I wanted to see if my ratios were proper first, and if so, then I can simply increase intake specifically for calorie and protein (IE more powder shakes :-/ ) ... At these current caloric levels, I'm theoretically dropping about 1lb of fat/week based on my needs, which is fine with me for now, since I want to get from my current ~12% BF down to about 8 before I really start bulking hard. Here are my caloric ratios:

Calories 2402 (10060kJ)
Calories from Alcohol ~0.0 (0.0kJ)
Calories from Carbohydrate 753 (3153kJ)
Calories from Fat 617.5 (2586kJ)
Calories from Protein 1032 (4319kJ)

And my current intake:

Total Carbohydrate 192.1 g
Dietary Fiber ~23.3 g ~
Starch ~0.0 g
Sugars ~71.3 g
Sucrose ~240 mg
Glucose ~337.5 mg
Fructose ~70.2 mg
Lactose ~69.3 mg
Maltose ~69.3 mg
Galactose ~69.5 mg

Protein ~252.4 g

Total Fat 71.0 g
Saturated Fat ~20.8 g ~ (Sat. fat is primarily from Muscle Milk, so that's OK, right?)

for a 31/26/43% (carb/fats/protein) relation. It's all clean food, a little shy on the veggies but I'll probably throw some v8 in there to compensate, and I'm cutting carbs after 8pm. Should I cut back on the sugars? More carbs in the form of a bigger serving of morning oats?

Basic stats are 6'2 189 @12%, scrawny, i know, but i'm workin on it :) I just want to have a solid diet in place before I start bulking, so that I can just increase what I'm already doing instead of having to worry about cravings and accidentally chowing a burrito on non-cheat days :)

I've seen some really great tips on here, you guys have helped a ton already, just trying to really fine-tune it! Thanks in advance, feel free to bash, my skin is MUCH thicker than my muscles right now ;) If you need more info on exactly what the diet's comprised of or whatever, just let me know.

i recommend 69mg of fructose, not 70.

really though, im not really sure what your asking. Youre dieting, losing about a pound a week. Whats the problem? Ratios look fine.

Last edited:
That was my question, actually..I wanted to make sure that the intake ratios were good so that when I up the levels to start gaining, I can focus on making sure the ratios stay about the same...I guess it was a little bit too much info for the question, heh :) Left the sugar levels in there in case I was getting too much or not enough of a particular carb.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know.

tonality said:
Left the sugar levels in there in case I was getting too much or not enough of a particular carb.
dont worry about that. just eat the least processed carbs you can the majoirty of the time. Fruit around workout times is fine, and higher glycemic carbs are fine immediately after a workout. If you find yourself eating a shitload of candy, just call it a cheat meal and youll be fine. :insane2:

Back