Protein Useage

Matt, if you and I both were 200lbs, do you think your bodies are the same and work the same?

What I am saying is each persons body will use the food they eat differently. Your body may only be able to handle 250grams of protein, but mine may be able to handle 500grams of protein.

These charts are just assumptions and not based on any real data.

How much protein does your body need????? Those numbers on that chart are probably alot higher than the amount your actually need. But if you have goals such as gaining mass, well..... you have to eat according to those goals. Increase calories and make sure you eat lots of protein.

I knew the post would cause an uproar and it wasnt meant to be my personal view. Especially since I damn near double what they say. Just figured it would draw some interesting responses. That and why the hell would a protein store say you need so little protein?

Suareezay said:
for the most part. yea. unless one of you is an alien maybe.

I agree with you ------Nobody needs upwards of 2 grams of protein / day, Even if they are trying to add muscle.

Also everyone does for the most part have the same body assuming they are healthy and do not have some kind of disorder or disease.

The body can handle as much protein as you can give it for all intensive purposes it doesn't mean that it will be used as amino acids. It might be stored as fat or in the lack of carbohydrates glucose.

Those charts do represent what someone would need to stay in a positive nitrogen state assuming you are eating the proper amount of proteins and fats along with it. I recommend a bit more

1.5g / lb of LBM (I never base things off weight)

Last edited:
Easto said:
I was trying to make the point that our bodies are not identical
were not identical, but no healthy person is THAT much different than anybody else.

A ferrari and a ford may be vastly different, but theyre still both just cars than run on the same shit.

Yeah the chart seems a little low but not too far off. Is this taking into account steroids in the "adult muscle builder" category?

LiftTillIDie said:
Yeah the chart seems a little low but not too far off. Is this taking into account steroids in the "adult muscle builder" category?
common protein recommendation for gear users is 2g/lb.

Back